bad karma 13-Mar-18
casekiska 13-Mar-18
TD 14-Mar-18
Kathi 14-Mar-18
Kathi 14-Mar-18
Thumper 15-Mar-18
Annony Mouse 15-Mar-18
13-Mar-18
I know it's been a long time since I've been here. Last May Bob, my husband, underwent pancreatic cancer surgery. Throughout the last year it has been a cycle of chemo, radiation, chemo, radiation...well, you get the drift. Above and beyond that Bob had lost a great deal of his memory and ability to function as he once did. Is it dementia, Alzheimer's , I don't know nor do his Dr's. He is on aricept but that won't correct any loss but it may slow down further loss of cognitive skills. Who knows?

I get on FaceBook because it only takes a few minutes to piss off liberals but it has been difficult to come here where I've been for 22 + years.

I care a great deal about my friends here and sorry I haven't been here more often.

13-Mar-18
Hey Kathi, it has been a really long time. I've missed your posts. Obviously, things are very challenging in your life now. If you want to talk, PM me.

13-Mar-18
Kathi, I am really sorry to hear about Bob. I will pray for you and Bob. You and I have been friends for many, many years. I still remember the first time I met you in that archery shop near Baltimore. We were a whole lot younger back then when we used to shoot with Rupe, Bowdad, Tennbow and a bunch more. God bless you and Bob.

13-Mar-18
Kathi. Glad you are back. I to am sorry to hear that about Bob. Family does come first.

13-Mar-18
It’s nice to see you Kathi, we’ve missed you and your perspective. If you need us , or ever need a break or a distraction, we’re here, just pop in anytime.

Please know that we will all (ok most of us) be praying for you, and for Bob. Be strong, trust your faith, and always know that you have friends here.

13-Mar-18
Good to hear from you Kathi, you've been missed here. We all need a dose of your common sense every once in a while. I will remember you and Bob in my prayers....be strong!

13-Mar-18
Prayers going out to you and Bob. Glad to see you are still pissing off the liberals.

13-Mar-18
Positive energy on the way to you and Bob. Cancer frigging sucks! So does dementia. That's a really hard deck of cards to be dealing with.

13-Mar-18
So Sorry to hear of this, both diseases are absolutely horrible.

My family will be praying you, Bob and your entire family daily!

God Bless, and best wishes!

Mark.

13-Mar-18
So sorry to hear this Kathi. Bob and yourself will be in my prayers. God bless!

13-Mar-18
Glad to see you are still around Kathi. I don't get on here too much either. I guess being in my middle 70's I no longer bowhunt so don't have as much too talk about. Sorry to say my younger brother passed away from Pancreatic cancer. Good luck to you and your husband.

13-Mar-18
Kathi - Thinking of you and your husband.

My neighbor's father has had PC and we have shared her pain by donating and riding in the purple ride each of the last 5 years. I am hoping that some of the work done in the last 5 years has helped out your husband.

13-Mar-18
You have a lot on your plate but God bless you for what you're dealing with and give you strength!

13-Mar-18
God Bless you indeed.

I lost my father to pancreatic cancer in 1984.

Prayers sent!

13-Mar-18
Prayers for your husband during this difficult time. Prayers for you also. God bless

13-Mar-18
Prayers sent your way Kathy.

13-Mar-18
You will need help in the coming future. I hope you have support around you. It’s really, really hard on the care giver. Prayers and God Bless!

13-Mar-18
May God grant you peace, Kathi. We lost my Dad to Alzheimer's the night Trump was elected. I was present daily for it and my mom is a gerontologist (her experience prepared everyone very well). I can help with any questions you may have. Just PM me.

Randy

13-Mar-18
Kathi, I don't really know you but have always appreciated your contributions here. The guys here have a great deal of respect for you and it just went up with this post sharing your life.

13-Mar-18
Thank you so much for your support guys and KPC, yes it was the Whipple procedure and it was a very difficult time recovering for Bob. Then with the chemo and radiation..wow! Then Dementia or whatever it is setting in, it's just crazy. KPC, take no prisoners?? You do know who you're talking to right? LOL

I will get on here more because I really do need you folks right now.

13-Mar-18
Welcome back, Kathi. I've missed you. You always add something to the discussion. Prayers for you and Bob, that's tough duty.

13-Mar-18
Hello Kathi - I wish you well in the times ahead. I know being a caregiver can be challenging but know you will find support and concern here, the above posts should certainly tell you that! May GOD bless you and those close to you, you are in the hearts and prayers of many here. Prayers from Wisconsin.

14-Mar-18
Kathi, so good to hear you back again. You were missed as you can see, but don't worry about us knuckleheads arguing out our 1st world problems..... With all you have gone through the last few years already..... you are amazing. This on top of all that.... even more so. So strong. You are in our thoughts and prayers. So many cases our best prayers are for strength and calm. Stay strong. God bless.

14-Mar-18
Actually KPC, "take no prisoners" was funny to me. I'm retired from the Kentucky Dept. of Corrections. I worked at Ky. State Reformatory.

14-Mar-18
Didn't mean to post twice.

15-Mar-18
Kathi, very sorry to hear about Bob's health, prayers sent and God bless. Please let us know if we can help.

15-Mar-18
Kathi...you are a hard person to get in touch with! Don't have the greatest cell coverage here at home, but often try when out on the road where better coverage.

Cherie and I send out warm wishes to you and Bob. Have a good idea of what you are going through as my sister was major care giver to my mom. Knowing you, Bob is in good hands. If you do the B4K this year, remember we have room and doormat always out.

Take care...

OBTW...solve your printer issue yet?

jack

• Sitka Gear