Woods Walker 14-Mar-18
Grey Ghost 14-Mar-18
slade 14-Mar-18
Grey Ghost 15-Mar-18
Woods Walker 15-Mar-18
dm/wolfskin 15-Mar-18
Great Scot! 04-Apr-18
13-Mar-18
We just got the latest Duluth Trading Company catalog in the mail today, and on the cover there's a drawing of two men groping each other, it almost looks like a 69.......WTF??????

13-Mar-18
Not with a guy!!!!! And I said "almost"........

But really...two guys intertwined on each other??? Was this catalog supposed to be for Target or something??

13-Mar-18
Can u post a pic?

13-Mar-18
I couldn't find it online, and I don't know how to get a pic off my stupid phone to my computer without sending it as an email as I have a flip phone with no internet.

13-Mar-18
First thought was post a pic. Then, after a few seconds and rereading the issue, I see no need for a pic :^)

13-Mar-18
Good choice! That whole company seems to be obsessed with men's junk!

13-Mar-18
Thanks PD....I think....!

13-Mar-18
Guy in the red is trying to put an arm bar on the other guy. MMA

Duluthflex goes To the mat, wrestling mat.

13-Mar-18
Shows the pants work for putting your buddy in an arm bar. Pretty consistent with their art theme.

13-Mar-18
Looks like he's humping his arm.....

14-Mar-18
Yup, looks like he's going for an arm bar, but what were they thinking?

14-Mar-18
Where is LeftyTuTu when you need him...........

14-Mar-18
Might'a worked better if the guy wasn't smiling......

It does have that "Sitka Gear Logo" look to it....... at, you know....first glance.....

14-Mar-18
What DL said. Armbar

14-Mar-18
We just got one of their stores here. Quality clothes and I own some.... Most of their stuff is not made in America though.

14-Mar-18
Best fitting pants I own, from their jeans to their casual work pants/slacks....

14-Mar-18
I can see where if your not from around the wrestling or MMA world you would have no idea why this would be used for marketing. I knew right away what it was and if everyone understood the sports involved with a mat it could be a good marketing tool but that is not the case. A lot less of us then the folks they are trying to market to. Poor choice for advertisement.

14-Mar-18

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
bigeasygator's embedded Photo
Just your run of the mill flying armbar. No hidden homosexual agenda. You can breathe, WW haha

14-Mar-18
Duluth's advertising has always been a little edgy. Their TV commercials crack me up. Bottom line is, it's an effective ad if you remember it.

Matt

14-Mar-18
Weird for the cover. I could see it being used within the magazine. Boo for the no-yank tank though, although it probably isn't real popular with the attention seekers. :^)

14-Mar-18
If I'm going to have someone's lower end near my face it'll NOT be a man's!!!

I know what wrestling is. I've seen my share of it. But what you DON'T see are two grown men in street clothes going at it unless it's foreplay! Face it, it's a STUPID ad.

I have two of their shirts that I received as gifts. They are well made for sure, but the design on the one is crap. I exchanged the one I got for a larger size because it pulled across my shoulders. But it STILL pulls, even though the sleeve seam is well down on my arm off the shoulder and the cuffs need to be rolled back. One might say it feels like I'm wrestling!

14-Mar-18
Looks like two guys wrestling to me. I think it's safe.

14-Mar-18
WW,

Your homophobia is showing. I bet you won't hug another man, too. Am I right?

Matt

14-Mar-18
Sure I will....if it's the right man! But it's still a stupid ad. Now if they had WOMEN "wrestling" that would be a different story! If two guys want to wrestle (or whatever) they can go right at it and enjoy themselves. I just don't want to see it.

14-Mar-18
Was gifted with an Alaskan Hardgear jacket. Nice and warm, has a claw logo, made in China and cost too much. I won't buy it myself.

14-Mar-18
I agree, it is kinda gay, but that is OK. Put hot women in yoga pants on the cover and everyone will be happy.

14-Mar-18
Some of us need ballroom jeans and some don't I guess.

14-Mar-18
^^^. Yeah. Hillary wears them.

14-Mar-18
WW. Is there anything that you can't turn into a homosexual theme?

Me thinks you try a little too hard.

14-Mar-18
Isnt that just Jui Jitsu or what not? Not sure the issue there?

14-Mar-18
If this isn't the epitome of being "triggered," I don't know what is haha you don't have to Jiu Jitsu if you don't want to, WW!!

14-Mar-18
If you think this is gay WW I really hope you didn't watch any Olympic men's figure skating!

14-Mar-18
I didn't!!!

But to the above posts.......if these guys on the cover were in a wrestling match, with the proper attire and in a gym like the football players are then I wouldn't give it a second thought. But it wasn't. It was intended to catch attention, and it did just that, but in my case it wasn't the kind of attention they were seeking.

And it STILL looks like the guy on the bottom is humping his arm! ;-)

14-Mar-18
Duluth firehose pants vs. and angry gay guy.

14-Mar-18
Yup. Guess I did. I saw two guys groping each other in work clothes, not something I see everyday on the job, or want to see.

Maybe it was a piss poor message?

14-Mar-18
I don't care what other people got from it, my first impression when I saw it was two guys in work clothes groping each other. Yuck.

14-Mar-18
Actually, the fact we're all talking about it makes this a very effective ad. I think it's called brand awareness and recognition.

Kinda along the lines of "no such thing as bad publicity."

Matt

14-Mar-18
Starting to wonder if it's a Rorschach test... :)

14-Mar-18

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
You mean like this Rorschach?

14-Mar-18
Looks like our club on Saturday night when there's only one beer left lol

14-Mar-18
Some of their stuff is great! Some it not so much, just like every other company. I knew it was an armbar the second I looked at the picture. Maybe they shoulda had Ronda Rousey do the cover.

14-Mar-18
"When you see this one do you see underwear that is comfortable enough to do the splits in, or do you see underwear designed for gay gymnasts?"

Neither. I just see a stupid ad. Some people obviously find their method of product display amusing......I don't. So sue me.

14-Mar-18
I think the Duluth ads are great.

Matt

14-Mar-18
I don't care what there ads portray, still my favorite jeans and casual work pants.

15-Mar-18
I think the real issue here is WW's masculine insecurity, not the Duluth ads.

Matt

15-Mar-18
HA! I don't have to see pictures of people eating dog crap to know I don't want to see pics of people eating dog crap! If you like seeing pics of two guys groping each other and fat old guys in their underwear standing on their head talking about their ball room then have at it. Whatever floats your boat as they say. I prefer wimmins...........

15-Mar-18
A Chuck Norris move.

04-Apr-18
Sorry I got on so late with this conversation about the catalog cover for Duluth Trading. What first popped into my mind when I saw the cover was a (gross and risqué) statue I had seen years ago - - Hercules and Diomedes....the 8th of his 12 labors as decreed by the Oracle of Delphi. The original statue by Vincenzo de' Rossi circa 1560. The original sits in the Hall of the Five Hundred, Palazzo Vecchio, Florence, Italy. I wrote Duluth and said "Really?!!" to which I received a very polite letter of apology for any offense taken. I wasn't all that offended, really; but I do have to question: What advertising executive or committee said "Yes! Let's go with THAT! Yes! Let's put money behind THAT!! You would have to google Hercules and Diomedes statue to see how very close the two images really are. Duluth said their advertising is "edgy".

• Sitka Gear