osage 14-Mar-18
pipe 14-Mar-18
HA/KS 14-Mar-18
14-Mar-18

IdyllwildArcher's Link

14-Mar-18
Heard this, RIP Mr. Hawking...

14-Mar-18
Now he will learn answers to questions he never thought to ask. I hope he likes the answers.

14-Mar-18
One of my personal heroes and one of the greatest minds this world has ever seen. RIP, Mr. Hawking.

14-Mar-18
Sad to see him go. The world lost a great one. RIP.

14-Mar-18
The man outlived his expected life by 5 decades. God had a plan for Mr. Hawking and I'd say he delivered in helping us understand questions we never thought to ask. Godspeed Stephen. RIP.

14-Mar-18
Just think what he is learning now...

14-Mar-18
Stephan Hawking was a total atheist. Exactly what does an atheist learn after death? Hell?

14-Mar-18
Well, learning nonetheless...

14-Mar-18
Straight Arrow: Someone dies and you post an inference that you think he is going to hell? That's an interesting response and tells us quite a bit about you. Jesus was clear he wanted to heal all people, especially non-believers. His words are the ones in red. RIP Stephan Hawking. A brilliant mind and powerful spirit that allowed him to surpass anything expected from his condition. And to HDE's point, I think he is now learning all those things he wondered about.

14-Mar-18
"Stephan Hawking was a total atheist. Exactly what does an atheist learn after death? Hell?"

Some people are good people having never been gifted with faith, but having done good deeds throughout their lives,..they will not learn about hell. IMO... "I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no Hell "...Blood, Sweat and Tears

14-Mar-18
"Stephan Hawking was a total atheist. Exactly what does an atheist learn after death? Hell?"

And you'll learn the exact same lesson as the rest of us when we die!! You're pathetic!!

14-Mar-18
My wife and I have cared for some folks who had ALS in their last years of life. I can think of no worse disease as their minds were intact but their bodies failed them. I was in constant amazement that Hawking lasted as long as he did.

And, I am also amazed when someone can dumb down enough to communicate with us common folk.

14-Mar-18
I just love that he was a rabid liberal. Knew that climate change was a reality, knew that universal healthcare was the key to a civilized nation. Dr. Hawking was a scientist first and foremost. The word lost a true thinker.

14-Mar-18
Bownarrow.......of all people here at the bowsite, I for sure do not think he is going to hell. My philosophy more closely matches Mr. Hawking's than a person who believes in either heaven or hell. As far as I am concerned nobody goes anywhere after they are dead......you are just dead.

14-Mar-18
Ditto BigEasyGator. Amazing human... But he will live on through his legacy! "We" were fortunate to have him among us, contributing to humanity. RIP.

14-Mar-18
If there is no afterlife, it doesn't matter anyway.

If there is an afterlife, then things will be learned regardless of what what the belief was.

14-Mar-18
I can’t imagine being trapped in a body like that with a functioning brain. Had a good friend die like that with ALCS.

14-Mar-18
"Knew that climate change was a reality"

Well, duh. Everyone knows that and nobody is arguing the contrary.

"knew that universal healthcare was the key to a civilized nation."

Also said that humans had about 600 yrs left as a species until no more - speculative at best about humans. Glad I now know we are not civilized...

14-Mar-18
"Some people are good people having never been gifted with faith, but having done good deeds throughout their lives,..they will not learn about hell."

Is that what Ephesians 2:8 says?

14-Mar-18
I think St. Paul was right......

14-Mar-18
Ephesians 2:8 doesn't say that. Ephesians 2:8 says "For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God."

14-Mar-18
All those people who die and supposedly go to heaven for 15 minutes or so never come back with anything of any value. So I'm not sure much is learned after getting there. That woman doctor from Wyoming was a good example. You would imagine she could have inquired about a cure for cancer or something along those lines. For myself, I would have asked why I wasn't born rich instead of so damn good looking.

14-Mar-18
"For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God."

Yes, my thoughts are there are those who live by the "law ...of which man boasts" and unintentionally sins by God's standard...but have not the gifted faith by God, parents, etc. So I do not believe those with out faith, lost or missing faith,... or those living in another faith system and culture all together will necessarily learn of hell when they die because Christ is not in their lives.

14-Mar-18
None of us know Hawking's relationship with God. I hope that he somewhere during his life accepted the Grace and Salvation offered to all of us.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.. "

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast"

• Sitka Gear