HA/KS 15-Mar-18
BIG BEAR 15-Mar-18
Squash 15-Mar-18
TGbow 15-Mar-18
Mad dog 23-Mar-18
scentman 23-Mar-18
Woods Walker 23-Mar-18
14-Mar-18
Recently again watched the movie the killing fields, and today watching the indoctrinated school students being used to push the anti-gun agenda, it struck me. Today Schools and colleges have become indoctrination and re- education camps.

14-Mar-18
You think?

14-Mar-18
I guess Until today, I still had a fraction of faith in the public school system. That faith is completely gone now. Troubling times ahead.

14-Mar-18
Been that way for a bit....

14-Mar-18
The kids today would protest Santa Claus if it got them out of class for an hour. My bet is that >50% couldn't name the school county state or shooter's name.

15-Mar-18
"Recently again watched the movie the killing fields, and today watching the indoctrinated school students being used to push the anti-gun agenda, it struck me. Today Schools and colleges have become indoctrination and re- education camps."

You think...."Bill Ayers, an American elementary education theorist and a leader in the counterculture movement..."

15-Mar-18
I have hope. My kids' high school had about 30 kids walk-out. My wife is an admin. there and she said a lot of kids wouldn't walk out because they did not know why they were walking out: for victims or gun control... The media hoopla has politicized the event(s) to the point informed kids declined. *

* Disclaimer - this is a small semi-rural school where parents are still engaged in their kids' lives, where many routinely handle firearms and all refrain from falling into the fetal position at the image of a gun nibbled into a Pop-Tart.

15-Mar-18
Exactly. You still have to be THE PARENT. If you cede that responsibility then "you get what you pay for".

15-Mar-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

15-Mar-18
I bet most of the kids in elementary schools didn't even know exactly what or why they were protesting...... They were shuffled out of their schools by the liberal teachers and administrators who decided their school would partake. I wonder how many teachers refused to partake......

15-Mar-18
The teachers, professors and politicians are now the parents. Kind of like Pol Pot of Cambodia?

15-Mar-18
Lot of parents think it's the schools job to raise their kids.

Doesn't surprise me. My daughter is home schooled but I don't try to isolate her but I do try to insulate her with the truth so that she will be equipped to know how to descern between lies and rheteric when she hears or sees it.

23-Mar-18
Been happening hardcore since the early 80s when I was in HS, and more subtly since the early 1960s. It's costs an arm and a leg of lamb, but my kids are Catholic School from nursery thru College. No, we really can't "afford" it either so I work 7 days most weeks. Baby! Hunting & fishing when I cam squeeze it in. Worth every penny. Mad Dog

23-Mar-18
That Hogg punk... evil looking little weasel, is the face of the future.

23-Mar-18
My daughter went to Catholic schools through high school. It wasn't perfect but at least morals-wise they were on the same page as us, AND the quality of the education she received there along with her GPA earned her some academic scholarships for college so it did help pay off some of the costs. The high school she went to had a good enough of a reputation that most midwest universities liked having students that came from there attend their schools.

• Sitka Gear