RutnStrut 16-Mar-18
Bentstick81 16-Mar-18
bad karma 17-Mar-18
BIG BEAR 17-Mar-18
Glunt@work 17-Mar-18
Annony Mouse 17-Mar-18
HA/KS 21-Mar-18
15-Mar-18
The young folks who walked out of school calling for more gun control are taking a fascinating position. They want us to take them seriously. After all, they are experts on Constitutional law, wise beyond their years, mature enough to make decisions for themselves (and the rest of us) and on the cusp of being of voting age.

Yet one of their steadfast positions is that they, being under age 21, are too emotional, too immature and too irrational to be allowed to purchase a firearm!

Putting aside the shameless exploitation of the kids by liberal gun control groups for a moment, you just have to wonder how many of these clever young minds have thought this thing completely through or whether it was primarily a good excuse to skip school.

Pete

15-Mar-18
A (bad) excuse to skip school. Any school supervisor that allowed students to walk out should be fired!

15-Mar-18
I think the younger kids in elementary school probably couldn't even articulate why they were protesting.... They were led to this protest by liberal teachers and administrators.

15-Mar-18
Wonder how many would have showed up if they held the protest on a Saturday.

15-Mar-18
Your not mature enough to handle a firearm, but at 16 you can take control of a two ton vehicle with multiple functions requiring as much if not more situational awareness than shooting a firearm. On average we lose 6-8 kids (teens 16-19) a DAY due to traffic accidents. In one months time that's the equivalent of 10 Parland shootings. No outrage. No walkouts. No hysteria.

BTW, I'm really not interested in the opinion of a group of young adults, that has zero knowledge of the Constitution, has given us the Tide Pod challenge, can't figure out what bathroom to piss in, and on top of it, is responsible for cruelest bullying I have ever seen.

KPC,

"How seriously do we take the opinions of a group of people that required a permission slip signed by their parents to even participate in the event?"

We may not, but rest assured the politicians and their shield called the media certainly do.

15-Mar-18
Thinking it through ? Hell, they can’t even identify the real problem.

15-Mar-18
It's called Indoctrination.

15-Mar-18
They can have their protest. I doubt if it will change anything in reference to Gun control.

15-Mar-18
My daughter stayed home from school sick yesterday.

15-Mar-18
Let's see how they spend their spring break.

15-Mar-18
I'm not sure why it was referred to as a "walk out". You don't go through the process of permission for a walk out.

15-Mar-18
As an ex full time sub, far too many parents look at schools as government paid day care and have no clue about their kids being indoctrinated by protegressive teachers a la Paul Zeidan types.

15-Mar-18
Do you think there were many teachers that had the guts to say they weren't going to participate in the walkout ??

15-Mar-18

HDE's Link
Not everyone got away with it...

These adolescents doing this have been taught to use emotion to think with instead of their noggin'

Social media is what has caused this demonstration to spread like wildfire. You can't take the right they have to think and act for themselves, but they need to understand there can (and very well is) a penalty that goes along with it.

15-Mar-18
It was high school students walking out. Fully supported by administrators and a large majority of parents. It was never mandatory and there were plans made for students that did not want to participate. These kids deserve a voice. They see their peers dying. Who are you to prevent them from speaking? Oh right. Your taxes pay for those public schools. So are you as outraged when they go on field trips that you don’t agree with? These moments are teaching moments as much as any current events are teaching moments. If you don’t see that, that’s your shortcoming. But castigating these kids is weak and small minded. Be honest. If they walked out to protest abortion, you’d be cheering and encouraging. But because it’s guns, near and dear to you, they’re wrong?

These are the moments in every persons life where they decide to take a principled stand on something that they believe, at their core is right, even though those around you dissent, Its a tough thing to do , but courageous! Powerful! I commend all peaceful protestors. It’s the American way.

15-Mar-18
Upset that a kid with an 11th grade education is smarter than you JTV? I understand. It’s humiliating

15-Mar-18
It wasn't just high schoolers. My daughter is in 5th grade and her elementary school participated..... I bet most of those kids couldn't even articulate what the protest was for or supposed to achieve..... They were blindly following the direction of their liberal teachers and school administrators. My daughter missed it. She was sick yesterday.

15-Mar-18
Atheist. If the kids did the exact same thing to attend a 17 minute NRA meeting..... would you be OK with that ???

15-Mar-18
"Upset that a kid with an 11th grade education is smarter..."

These kids have not had to lose yet or fear loss yet. Setbacks in life do not count.

They do not comprehend the magnitude of what they do. They lead sheltered lives...

You're as naive as they are.

15-Mar-18
Acquiring a gun has only become more restrictive over the last 100 years. People can't accept that what's changed is culture.

15-Mar-18
atheist. Since you are so smart, give us one law that will keep thugs from shooting our students??? Let's see where you rank with an 11th grader education. I'm even asking you a really easy question, so lets see that answer.

15-Mar-18
One of our kids father is a police officer the town and he actually presented a safety course on guns. Plenty of kids showed up, enjoyed it and again it wasnt Mandatory.

15-Mar-18
"I disagree. At the end of the day, it is the parents fault for allowing them to be manipulated and used."

Wrong on so many levels, where does one even begin...

15-Mar-18
JTV. It doesn’t really matter what you think these kids should do. The school supports it, parents support it And most of all the kids deserve to be heard. Nothing you say or do is going to change that.

15-Mar-18
Still waiting for an answer from the CF's biggest wuss.

15-Mar-18
And what these students are doing is signing their death certificates, Notarized by the democrats.

15-Mar-18
I’ll answer your question after you answer mine: Name one law that Keeps people from driving drunk?

15-Mar-18
Hey creep, that sounds eerily like a threat. You might want to delete that.

15-Mar-18
I figured this much from you wuss. Answering a question, with a question. I am still waiting.

15-Mar-18
Hey atheist. No threat from me, what so ever. The democrats, and teachers are who these kids have to watch out for. You totally missed what i typed. These kids are getting lead down the wrong path, by teachers just like you. Of course you are trying to identify what someone said, as a threat, all the while, lying your a$$ off, just like you do at Briarcliff Manor High School.

15-Mar-18
Actually atheist, its analogous to the students demanding legislation that ultimately puts their lives in danger, signed off by Democrats because well, because agendas are more important than kids safety.

And you’re an educator and couldn’t figure that out?

15-Mar-18
If keeping kids safe is an“agenda” then sign me up. And I didn’t create this. The kids created this. I just fully support it , as do their parents and their administrators

15-Mar-18
Another easy question for you atheist, the wuss. How can you LIE to the students at Briarcliff High School about gun control, when you can't even come up with one law that will help protect those students???

15-Mar-18
Bent you sound so butt hurt right now. Because I refuse to communicate with a crazy person. Nobody hears you because you’re just a guy screaming about nothing. Nothing of value to offer so just give it up.

15-Mar-18
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/middle-school-student-punished-for-silent-protest-plot-against-abortion

A bit dated but another left double standard. One can only protest if they are progressive.

15-Mar-18
The only thing you will sign up for atheist, is staying in the back of these kids, just in case something would happen, your little wuss a$$ will have a head start out of there. These kids got a lot more balls than you do, that's a fact. So, just stay in the back. 8^)

15-Mar-18
I think what’s missing in this conversation is the fact that kids today are very much in the present. And right now in the present they see their peers being gone down in schools. They feel powerless about it. So they want to voice their concerns in the form of a civil protest. Regardless how you feel about it they have a right to do this. As far as I’m concerned that’s all there is to this

15-Mar-18
atheist. Thanks for being the ONLY person, that can't answer my question. You can't give one law that will keep these kids safe. You can call me crazy, or what ever you want, but the bottom line is, you know there is no law that will protect these kids, and all you can do is give me a LIE for an answer. What a wuss.

15-Mar-18
Is They are any law that will preventAny crime? Simple question, just answer it

15-Mar-18
"They feel powerless about it." So how are they going to feel when we have automatic weapons taken from the law abiding citizens, and the Thugs still have theirs, and we, all, are sitting ducks??? In your mind, you think they will be safe. Proving again how much of a DUMBA$$ you are atheist.

15-Mar-18
Still can't come up with one law, can you atheist??? PRICELESS!!!!! 8^))))

15-Mar-18
Is They are any law that will preventAny crime? Simple question, just answer it

I'll answer it. A RESOUNDING NO. Why then the push for restriction on guns? Unless there is an ulterior motive. Hmmmmmm.

Lets walk the culture back 50 years, bring God back to the schools, eliminate the nanny state, and make ok to say no to kids and slap there arses when they misbehave. Perhaps that would instill some discipline and respect for authority and themselves.

15-Mar-18
I see you haven’t come up w a law either. It’s not MY fault that YOUR logic is flawed. It’s YOUR logic.

15-Mar-18
atheist. You started talking out your a$$ on your first post. You didn't mention one time about coming up with a law to prevent crime, drunk driving, until i asked you to give me one gun control law that will keep kids safer. Then you come up with the law to prevent crime, drunk driving. So, tell me. Who's logic is flawed??? See atheist, when you are known as a LYING FRAUD, all you can do is answer questions, with a question, or just come up with another LIE to cover up the first one. Once a LIAR, always a LIAR. You done hanging yourself, yet??? PRICELESS!!!! 8^)))

15-Mar-18
8^}}}

Poor bent. Dude get a hug, have a beer and relax. In a few years these kids will be your doctors and politicians and even sooner than that, they’ll be choosing your next senators and president. It’ll be all good , just wait and see.

15-Mar-18
I said there is NO LAW. Stop over at Todd Elementary School and ask one of your 1st grade teachers to place you in a remedial reading class or perhaps teach you to read and comprehend in the first place. Here's a list of contacts.

Deborah Adelberg Lea Campanini Jennifer Horowitz Erin Kassas Dorene Tomaskovic

15-Mar-18
Atheist,

"If keeping kids safe is an“agenda” then sign me up. "

Which of the proposed laws will make them safer? You want kids to be safer? Lobby for the driving age to be raised to at least 18, preferably 21. On average 6-8 kids die each DAY in traffic accidents. The equivalent of 10 Parkland shootings every month. Where's the outrage? No outrage, cuz there's no agenda. Truly despicable how liberals use dead kids to further their agenda.

15-Mar-18
I love it how the Briarcliff Baron Of Bullshit tries to make itself seem like a rational honest human being when it's the EXACT opposite. NOTHING hesheit says is relevant or credible because hesheit's very presence here is a lie based on his registration. It's FAKE. Like hesheit is.

15-Mar-18
Oh don't worry atheist. I am relaxed. I like proving how much of a LYING DUMBA$$ you are. I really enjoy it. Thanks for letting everyone on here know that you back, LYING to students about GUN CONTROL. I can see that you won't have the balls to answer a parent's question on which law will help their children be safer. You will be a BIG MAN, and answer her question, with a STUPID question, from yourself. You don't have a leg to stand on. Keep side stepping my question, wuss. 8^)))

15-Mar-18
Zeiden's "facts" are lies, just like hesheit is. Right Abe?

15-Mar-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

16-Mar-18
The law that will prevent any crime????.... the death sentence.

Hang the Florida shooter and he will NEVER hurt anyone else again. And I would damn well bet it persuades a few other future-shooters and attention seekers from trying the same stunt, too.

16-Mar-18
The death penalty is a deterrent but in states where it exists, murder and rape still happen. So no, even the death penalty does not prevent crime.

16-Mar-18
“So no, even the death penalty does not prevent crime.”

So why the push for more gun laws knowing full well of their ineffectiveness in preventing mass shootings? Unless there IS an agenda, student safety not being it.

16-Mar-18
No, the death penalty doesn't prevent crimes but it does prevent repeat offenders!

16-Mar-18
KPC. Was banning automatic machine guns useless and ineffective? As far as I see, they barely exist in private hands.

16-Mar-18
Actually the number of legally owned civilian machine guns is upwards of 200,000.

And yes, the tight restrictions on Class 3 firearms was useless. Why? Cause it didn’t stop the bad guys from acquiring or using them.

16-Mar-18
You never really addressed what I was talking about Atheist...... Do you think the 7, 8, 9 and 10 year olds at my daughters school orchestrated the walk out...... or do you think they really had no say in the matter,,, It was organized by the school administrators ??

16-Mar-18
BB,

Don’t expect a legitimate answer. According to PaulZ all these student protests, from elementary to HS were organized by the students, with support from their indoctrinaters, I mean teachers.

16-Mar-18

And of course, the death penalty is not effective when there are decades of delay between sentence and it being carried out.

16-Mar-18
Your son is one smart boy. It looks like he has......COMMON SENSE!!!

How'd that happen???

16-Mar-18

Not readily known, but Paul actually is known as Sybil in his classroom...and now you know why ;o)

16-Mar-18
That's a funny clip but in reality I'm sure they were told it was optional and given the opportunity not to participate...... But it was the peer pressure to either participate or be seen as in compassionate towards the victims...... That was not fair to the kids. They shouldn't have been used as pawns.

16-Mar-18
I don't have much of an issue of having these walkouts at high schools..... But the elementary kids were just being shuffled out of the building like sheep in my opinion.... They were being used as pawns. Peer pressure from the other students is one thing... But these little kids shouldn't have been subjected to the peer pressure of feeling like they should participate because the teachers are organizing the walkout. My kid is not a political puppet.

16-Mar-18
BBear I know our elementary and middle schoolers did not participate. They aren’t mature enough and it’s simply not appropriate for their age group. I can’t speak of other places. But I don’t think they should’ve been a part of a walkout.

16-Mar-18
atheist. You are not mature enough, nor have the nuts to participate. The younger students aren't old enough to be brain washed by LIARS like you, atheist. That's why you think they are too young. PHONY!!!. 8^)

16-Mar-18
Spike. Exactly. Good post.

16-Mar-18
He!! Spike. The kids probably thought that they were allowed complimentary gifts, from wal mart, for protesting guns. "Students will likely be charged with misdemeanors and face discipline from the school." You think??? Never happen. A kid doesn't go to a anti-gun protest, stay's in classroom, instead of joining the anti-gun protest, or doesn't go to the alternative study hall, gets slapped with a suspension. Maybe he should've went and ran sacked a walmart. He would, "LIKELY", get in trouble. Yep, nothing wrong with America today.

16-Mar-18

orionsbrother's Link
The mother of all gun bans.

"Perhaps their biggest victory came last year, when believers in Richmond, Calif., persuaded the City Council to pass a resolution banning space-based weapons that they believe could be used for mind control. A similar lobbying effort is underway in Tucson."

And a glimpse of those supporting it. Other than the city council of Richmond, California, of course. See link.

16-Mar-18
I bet if you polled a bunch of those that walked out. They could not tell you exactly why they were doing it. Sure they will say gun laws. But the majority of them have no clue about what if anything should be changed.

16-Mar-18
And the very thing that these kids are protesting for, in the long run, will put them in twice as much danger, than they are in now. What will the dems tell these kids, when they are being shot at, and no one will be able to protect them?

17-Mar-18
Gun control has been thought through for decades. It does not work. Repeating the same arguments changes nothing.

17-Mar-18
They are the future vagina hat wearing Americans that will be voting for Oprah Winfrey..... They don't care about civil rights in the way of gun ownership...

17-Mar-18
Gun control is like regulating climate change. A big portion of the uninformed public thinks they are actually helping. The leaders of the left know (and could care less) that it doesn't work but its a great tool for their real agenda which is increasing control over the populace.

17-Mar-18
Government acting in haste...consequences that penalize the targets.

Florida Gun Bill Now Causing Huge Financial Losses for those Under 21">

From article:

"...Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/03/florida-gun-bill-now-causing-huge-financial-losses-21/#ixzz5A3QeOgC8 Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

It does seem, however, that Florida Department of Law Enforcement can arbitrarily make their own rules and give clarification if they choose.

It seems FDLE has already decided that a person under 21 who has a firearm in pawn shop, can have 30-90 days to redeem their firearm before losing it. (time frame depends on which FDLE employee you talk to) But Florida Department of Law Enforcement is apparently not willing to give the same consideration to a person under 21 who owns a rifle or shotgun and has it in gun shop on consignment to sell. Financial Losses for those Under 21

The gun bill was rammed through the Florida Legislature and signed by Florida Governor, Rick Scott, at incredible speed and in their zeal, they made the bill take effect when the Governor signed it. That has caused considerable damage to innocent people.

Before the law took effect, if a young adult under 21 had a rifle or shot gun:

1. On lay-away, they cannot have their firearm and have probably lost any monies already paid since lay-away plans generally specify no refunds, no returns and no exchanges.

2. On special order and it was already purchased and paid for in full but hasn’t arrived, they cannot have the firearm when it arrives. FDLE will effectively nullify the purchase and will deny possession.

And since it was a special order, they many not be able to return it and get their money back. If the seller does agree to take it back, there may be a significant re-stocking fee and the local dealer will require them to pay shipping to send it back.

3. Purchased online, paid for in full and shipped to a local dealer, they cannot have the firearm when it arrives. Florida Department of Law Enforcement will effectively nullify the purchase and will deny possession. If the seller agrees to take it back there may be a significant re-stocking fee and the dealer will require them to pay shipping to send it back.

4. In a pawn shop, FDLE will allow them either 30 days or 90 days to get it back or they lose it. (time frame depends on which Florida Department of Law Enforcement employee you talk to)

5. On consignment and it doesn’t sell, how do they get it back? Florida Department of Law Enforcement would not answer that question. In fact, Florida Department of Law Enforcement said to call ATF but ATF said it’s a state law so its up to Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

6. In a gun shop for repairs, will they be able to get it back? Florida Department of Law Enforcement has apparently not decided how they will handle that.

The bottom line is a person under 21 is being prohibited from receiving a firearm they ALREADY own if it has to be transferred to them through a dealer. Florida Department of Law Enforcement will deny a transfer to anyone under 21 years of age.

This report is based on reports to us from dealers who have tried to get information from Florida Department of Law Enforcement, from attorneys, and from young adults who have had their Second Amendment rights denied.

Please be advised, that unlike the other gun control sections of the law, the section that bans bump stocks does not take effect until October 1, 2018. We expect to see litigation filed on the bump stock section in the not too distant future..."

21-Mar-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear