pipe 16-Mar-18
Beendare 17-Mar-18
16-Mar-18

DL's Link
Just like moonshiners.

16-Mar-18
And Jerry thought the taxes on MJ was salvation of Calif.....lol

16-Mar-18
Actually, I’d say that’s what happens with a hefty tax.

16-Mar-18
Why would high taxes drive legal users underground? MJ is not an addictive substance, think it would be easy to just quit it altogether if the price is too high...

16-Mar-18
What Moonbeam forgot was that there was a whole industry that was criminal(illegal). Then he decided to make criminals honest by making them pay high taxes. Reminds me of the logic that if they take away every registered gun there will be no more gun violence.

16-Mar-18
There's a black market for cigarettes and booze. When/if pot is made legal nationwide there will still be a black market for pot...matter of economics and basic criminal behavior...Even in Las Vegas where prostitution is legal there are still people arrested for getting involved in illegal prostitution...No law(s) will ever stop criminal activity. People break the law for various reasons and no law will ever stop all people from doing so...There will always be a criminal element regardless of what laws are passed. Someone, somewhere is always going to try to game the system...

16-Mar-18
Yeah, that article doesn't even come close to outlining taxes on Weed according to my grower buddy. Its something like 50% tax at the distributer level.....then taxed again along the way at least twice.

I could care less..... but leave it to gov to screwup something like this

If I was a user....I would just grow the chit.

16-Mar-18
Is that a real question HDE?

The far better question would be, why the hell wouldn’t it??

Make something super expensive to do, and the free market, illegal or not, will take care of it. You can take that to the bank.

If I were a pot head, I wouldn’t pay extra just to have legal weed.

16-Mar-18
MT, prostitution is not legal in the county where Las Vegas is. You'll have to drive up to Beatty.

Marijuana, however, is legal in Las Vegas.

FWIW, even with the ridiculous taxes here in WA. state, you can buy MJ in the legal dispensaries for about the same (or less) than you'd pay for it off the street.

16-Mar-18
Why don't they just put a "high" tax on Bugles and Doritos instead for the same revenue result?

17-Mar-18
I think the point is that it was sold to us as 1) a way to put drug dealers out of business and 2) a revenue generator

Well leave it to the lying politicians to screw that up and actually make it easier/better for the drug dealers

EDIT; So what they don't tell you; in the Calaveras county [Ca] they took in 10's of millions from growers for permitting etc....first time they ever balanced that poor counties budget. Well then they changed their mind....renigged and voted no growing. This after growers invested millions in their properties.

Growers are of course sueing. In the meantime, law enforcement tells all the growers, illegal growing won't matter as the way the laws are written they can't enforce anything anyway. My buddy is trying to sell his property and just forget the whole thing....it looked like easy money....but of course it never is. Anytime gov and politicians get involved....its a disaster.

• Sitka Gear