70lbdraw 16-Mar-18
Shuteye 16-Mar-18
HA/KS 16-Mar-18
HDE 16-Mar-18
lawdy 16-Mar-18
osage 16-Mar-18
16-Mar-18

gflight's Link
"In just 15 years, the U.S. will be producing unlimited amounts of nearly free, completely green energy. Not only would such an energy holy grail mean the end of humanity’s dependence on expensive fossil fuels, it would also be a panacea for climate change.

Amazingly, this is not a science fiction. It’s actually about to become reality if a collaboration between MIT and Commonwealth Fusion Systems, a private company, is to be believed. The collaborators announced Friday in the journal Nature that they believe they are on the verge of cracking the code to nuclear fusion — and it could be commercially viable in just 15 years, according to The Guardian."

16-Mar-18
Let's see if the coal companies fight it as hard as they have fought against electric cars!?

16-Mar-18
The sun is Nuclear Fusion and the Hydrogen Bomb is nuclear fusion.

16-Mar-18
electric cars run on coal. they just don't run very far or reliably where it is hot, cold, or remote

16-Mar-18
Large investors and/or gov't subsidies. If subsidized, you can count on a tax increase. Gov't owned is no good.

Coal and natural gas fired power out in 15 yrs? Doubtful.

16-Mar-18
My oldest brother is a nuclear engineer. He is currently somewhere in the Middle East. He told us that soon we will have a fusion reactor that will fit on a tractor trailer and be capable of powering a city. Until our grid goes down, people will still protest. My other older brother, an electrical engineer, worked on a nuclear plant in Washington that protesters stopped. He then went to Arizona to work on a solar project that to was stopped. Protesters didn't want the desert shaded by panels. The Russians have been probing our grid and sooner or later, we will see a catastrophic hit. There are 10 sites in the US that if only one is hit will see a 3 year loss of power for millions. That is why my brothers and myself are working on going off-grid. My wife and I are working towards a retirement in Newfoundland. There, up on the Northern Peninsula, we plan on going totally off-grid. I grew up on blueberry barrens with wood heat, gas refridge, gas freezer, and a wind genny, so it is no big deal.

16-Mar-18
My understanding is that no current containment vessel has been developed to withstand the heat of fusion. The last I heard is that a magnetic field held the most promise.

• Sitka Gear