Owl 19-Mar-18
ben yehuda 19-Mar-18
BIG BEAR 27-Mar-18
Hawkarcher 27-Mar-18
Thumper 27-Mar-18
SB 27-Mar-18
17-Mar-18

Thumper's Link
Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel and selling your soul for the almighty dollar. SMH

"The rebooted “Roseanne” show is coming back to TV a week earlier than planned. At least the name is. NASCAR announced Friday that this Saturday's Xfinity race at Auto Club Speedway in California will be called the Roseanne 300, after picking up sponsorship from the Roseanne Barr-led ABC sitcom that’s set to premiere on March 27."

Think she's going to sing the national anthem?

17-Mar-18
Well, there's your point (with which I agree). But there is also the query as to why they chose a NASCAR event to dump a pile of money. Not even remotely her crowd, right?

17-Mar-18
I think they should bring that Olympic skating announcer Johnny Weir in to announce NASCAR with Michael Waltrip...... They'd make a good pair.

17-Mar-18
YEAH! A gay clown act always perks up ratings! They could have him do a Duluth "wrestle" with that other twinkie skater Aaron Ripon.

WHO is the marketing genius that thought this up???? Probably the same one's who thought that letting the NFL kneelers kneel was a good idea.

Or who developed Hillary's campaign strategy.

17-Mar-18
it should be called the roseanne 375 if you want to get it close to reality.

17-Mar-18
Owl..... I would think a lot of rednecks used to watch that show... No disrespect to my fellow rednecks.

18-Mar-18
Big Bear, None taken. :) I guess, then, my question should be, "Are rednecks the target audience for Roseanne?" I know she supported Trump but I figured the 'Murica! crowd would still have nothing to do with her. Too much leftist baggage. But, if money is any indicator, clearly, I am wrong.

18-Mar-18
Unfortunately it was a good move on both sides. Roseanne may be annoying but she is no dummy. My wife was watching the special on yesterday and Roseanne was pretty much the boss on her show. She will not be on the new show. She supported Trump? Never knew that. I did see the you tube video with her and Nugent on it but maybe she got more wiser and conservative in her years ha.

18-Mar-18

bigeasygator's Link
“‘Roseanne’ is coming back to TV. And when it does, Roseanne Conner will be a Trump supporter. “It’s just realistic,” Roseanne Barr said on Monday of the character she plays. “Roseanne” is, after all, a show about a working-class family. And Barr, speaking at the Television Critics Association press tour, said she believes “it was working-class people who elected Trump.”

The decision reflects Barr’s view of the world in another way: Barr’s online presence is beloved by the pro-Trump Internet and its diaspora. In recent years, the comedian has gone viral among Trump supporters on a regular basis, for everything from owning liberals online to promoting conspiracy theories about Seth Rich.“

18-Mar-18
Maybe people mistake her for the liberal Rosie O'Donnell because they kind of look alike.....

18-Mar-18
I've never been a racing fan. I never watched the Roseanne Barr show either. If Roseanne is going to be the poster child for rednecks, NASCAR has made a mistake.

18-Mar-18
Yep. There's that word for dumba$$es, with nothing else to say,"RACISTS". Oh, bout forgot YEE HAUL!!!. 8^)

18-Mar-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Someone get the Raid......

18-Mar-18
Actually, race car drivers are testers for many innovations and safety equipment you enjoy in your own vehicles. Anti-lock brakes, radial tires, high hysteris rubber compounds, disc brakes, seat belts, improved helmets were all a result of testing with race cars. Before you ridicule Nascar, just look at all the materials, safety equipment, and innovations in your own vehicles that were developed and tested on the track. The same goes for those guys I watch at Loudon Speedway motorcycle weekend. The helmets, Kevlar suits, tire innovations, suspension improvments, all tested on the track. Those racers put their lives on the line to ultimately make it safer for the rest of us.

18-Mar-18
If they really want to make a NASCAR race a challenge, they'd put a few of the rush hour drivers I encounter on Chicagoland expressways mixed in with the professional race car drivers. You know, the kind who pay no attention to what's going on two cars ahead of them while they're zig-zaging between lanes and cars while texting/drinking coffee/picking their nose/doing their nails/nodding off/etc.

19-Mar-18
Not familiar with driving through Chicago (never want to be, btw) but I drove through rush hour traffic in Atlanta. The only analogy I can make is a restart at the Richmond Raceway. I've been in several very bad car accidents and in every one, time slows down to a snails pace. Gives you plenty of time to figure out with what and how you're going to collide. That stretch of road was like an expanded moment of loss of control.

19-Mar-18
Yeah this isn't very surprising. As others have noted above, the show portrays (or tries to) working class, Trump supporting, blue collar Americans. She has spoken in support of Trump in the past and she is very vocally pro-Israel. These are attributes that apply to many Nascar fans.

27-Mar-18
My wife and I watched the new Roseanne show..... I think you Trump supporters should give it a look....... I think you'll like the first episode.... We did.

27-Mar-18
I laughed. It was good. And I don’t generally watch sitcoms.

27-Mar-18

Thumper's Link
I'm not a fan after the way she sang the national anthem.

27-Mar-18
Saw it ...it was great! About as disfuntional as my family was when they were alive! The only sitcom I ever watched was the old version.

• Sitka Gear