elkmtngear 21-Mar-18
elkmtngear 21-Mar-18
Grey Ghost 21-Mar-18
Harrovert 08-Dec-20
Harrovert 09-Dec-20
HollieCharlton 09-Dec-20
HollieCharlton 09-Dec-20
18-Mar-18
"Bullying can threaten students’ physical and emotional safety at school and can negatively impact their ability to learn. The best way to address bullying is to stop it before it starts. There are a number of things school staff can do to make schools safer and prevent bullying."

1. Not hold school walkout's to promote political agendas and emotionally pressure children.....

18-Mar-18
2. Stand up for yourself, and not expect others to do it for you.

18-Mar-18
Bullying has always occurred and will always occur. What has changed is how some kids react to it.

18-Mar-18
Know how a little guy can turn a "Black Belt Bully" into a whimpering white belt?

Kick 'em in the nuggets then bust 'em in the nose.

No more bully.

18-Mar-18
Problem now days is bullying continues on in the home on weeknights and weekends from the social media aspect of it when kids back then could get some reprieve from it.

Solution: announce open season on bullying with no retaliation.

18-Mar-18
Yup. Universal technique. A good front snap kick in the nads.

Teach my kids that one on day one.

18-Mar-18
Everyone out there including the students that want guns banned are not dealing with the key issue. When some student goes into a school to shoot fellow students what is the reason? It sure isn’t because he’s angry because of climate change. He’s angry because of how he’s been treated by students at the school. Students need to look at themselves and say we are the problem. All here kids that walked out and that tore down flags or committed vandalism are major players in the the problem.

18-Mar-18
Most of the bullies I went to school with were in reality wusses because they'd only pick on kids who were smaller/weaker than they were or who they THOUGHT wouldn't fight back. A good share of them by the time they got to high school learned that they didn't always get that last one quite right.

18-Mar-18
Back when I was in the 50s&60s during summer I lived in the water. I could swim for several miles without stopping. During school most of these tough kids were terrible swimmers and that’s where I took my revenge in them. Most were country boys and not much water where we lived. I was a sophomore and this other kid was a senior that picked on me. I said just wait til we get in the pool. Well much to my surprise he was an excellent swimmer. I spent most of PE that day underwater with him standing on me. I’ve never sucked up so much water in my life. I could hold my breath for at least two minutes underwater and I washed pushed beyond that. Had I not been in the shape I was he would have drowned me. Lesson learned on my part without killing anyone.

18-Mar-18
Yes indeed almost every single bully is a wuss. Insecure, sad, pathetic. I also imagine that this will fly over most heads as irony isn’t easily digested here.

18-Mar-18
So where does the teachers brain washing students, for political gain, like you do at Briarcliff Manor High School, fit in the list of names you have shown, atheist??? How can a student make the teachers liable ???

18-Mar-18
When you can put an actual thought together. Till then it’s best to stay quiet. Or as a brilliant man once said Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Unfortunately it may be too late for you getBent.

18-Mar-18
Side stepping another question, i see wuss. When you can put an actual answer together, without your bull$hit LIES, then reply. I also noticed that are giving us an example of your stupidity to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. I know it's way to late for you, OH HONEST ONE. You LIE and hang yourself, and remove all doubt, of how much of a dumba$$, you are daily. Are you done hanging yourself yet??? 8^)))

18-Mar-18
AbeAtheist the LIAR chimes in against with his falsehoods. Do you lie all the time or only when you're breathing?

18-Mar-18
When I was in 1st grade a big fat 4th grader would beat up on me and my buddy. Before school one morning we gathered a bunch of rocks in the woods along a trail we used to get to school. That afternoon he came after us to give us our daily beating and we ran down that trail and hid. When he came waddling we put the rocks to him. I caught him right over the eye, my buddy hit right in the mouth and he ended up with stitches. He never picked on us again. It was a one room school so it was pretty embarassing for him when he showed up all banged up. Years later I was playing for a school dance and some out of towners started a brawl and I and him got into it together with others in our school. We became friends until he passed away in 2014. He was a big boy and his heart finally got him.

18-Mar-18
Bullying is very different today. Social media mean's two things, first you can't get away from it, it's all over face book, instagram etc which means it's got an infinite life. Days past once said it was gone, now it's always there

Second, since it's overly visible the audience is everywhere. Ole days only those standing there heard it.

Add on the piling on that social media allows and being bullied today is very different from 20 years ago

18-Mar-18
I coach and as coaches we are not allowed to be on facebook, snapchat, etc. At a coaches meeting Friday the AD reiterated the policy and I commented that I doubted there were any comments about me because this is the only site I go on. He said, "oh no, you have been lambasted several times." I guess what you don't know doesn't hurt you. He did say that athletes and parents rushed to my defense so that was nice to hear.

18-Mar-18
Imagine how a kid who has been raised with an understanding of the Constitution feels these days surrounded by school sponsored protests against what he knows to be right.

Fortunately, I am hoping most of them have had the parental guidance to navigate this situation like they would any of the other ignorant and misguided garbage being thrust upon them by some peers, teachers and administrators.

19-Mar-18
A lot of schools will not deal with trouble makers. They don't want to suspend the kids because they lose money for every child that is not in school.

Having said that, a lot of the problem comes from the break down of the family. Some of the problem is the fact that in our society, liberalism has sunk in so deep that the parents play the blame game and always find excuses why their child does this or that.

When my wife was teaching school I couldn't believe the parents that made excuses for their kids bad behavior. On top of that you have schools pushing the same blame game rhetoric, like the gun protest for example.

Liberalism never deals with facts or substance, like putting a bandaid on an infected sore, it just ain't gonna deal with the real problem.

19-Mar-18
Last weekend at my son's hockey game, the opposing team was getting beaten badly and their goalie was throwing a fit. He was throwing his stick, threw a puck at a ref (ref didn't see it) and cussing at our players and some adults.

His Mom's advise from the stands was "Don't let these guys get in your head"

If that were my kid, we would have been off the ice, home, and posting his hockey gear on Craigslist while he composed apology letters before the game was over.

This is 11 & 12 yo.

19-Mar-18
Taught my kids to stare bullies down when they pulled their crap. Pretty much took care of things without altercation. Make 'em sweat!

19-Mar-18
Who in the world didn't cheer when Ralphie beat the snot out of the bully in "A Christmas Story"....?? I sure did.

19-Mar-18
You mean Scut Farkus?

20-Mar-18
Times have changed, you can't stare down or beat down something on social media. You can beat down the individual who posted it, but once on social media, you can't go 1-1 with anyone to stop the bullying.

20-Mar-18
Bob H nailed it. You guys think bullying is a physical issue - that would make this so much easier.

This is emotional warfare something that anyone over 30 could barely take let alone a teenager.

Imagine your boss going online and spreading lies that you cheat on your wife, do drugs and steal from the company and there's nothing you can do to defend yourself because it's your companies lawyers, HR and boss all on the same side with only your word.

That pretty much sums up what some of these kids are going through. They feel utterly helpless. Waterboarding would seem better to some of these kids.

Rarely is there physical bullying with the kids who have serious issues.

My daughter is one of the good ones who shuts it down when she sees it but she hasn't even hit HS yet.

20-Mar-18
Sage, likely very true. Still, there's nothing that corrects a bullies behavior faster than a good old butt kickin' from the "bullied".

21-Mar-18
Sage, Easy one; The Boss is doing this and spreading rumor because you turned down his sexual advance while you were both in the lavatory.

HR must respond and document your complaint. Its on his record. 2 or more of these and the company is on the hook for not addressing situation.

Its a he said / she said granted, but not one most company's want to deal with.

Considering his allegation vs yours he and the company have more to lose. He will know where your coming from without you saying a word.

Anonymity is a beotch and it works both ways.

Worked for me.

21-Mar-18
Wow, if my boss were spreading those rumors about me on social media, I'd own the company!!

21-Mar-18
RE: Sage, likely very true. Still, there's nothing that corrects a bullies behavior faster than a good old butt kickin' from the "bullied".

True, but what about the 1000 people who "liked" it or "shared" it spreading it even further? When this happens to many kids, they literally can't get away from it

21-Mar-18
"Rarely is there physical bullying with the kids who have serious issues".

That's why they need to learn to deal with it, before they are old enough to be consumed with social media. On Facebook, Instagram, in the Office, on the playground...find the Ringleader, and get in his face.

The fastest way to end victimhood, is to stop being a victim.

21-Mar-18
Elk you are going to get in the face of a 13 yo girl who weighs 85 pounds? Worse, it's a large group of kids who have decided to pick on your kid. You going to threaten all of them?

Butt kicking? Good grief guys do you know what happens to GOOD kids who get in fights? Goes on your school record and then when your child goes to apply to a good college and things are close that's what keeps your kid from getting in.

Again, you guys are looking through this with 1985 glasses. What we did as kids doesn't work in today's environment. Most schools have a no violence policy.

These kids who are going off the deep-end are dealing with the scenario above and don't have the tools to deal with that kind of stress. Throw in parents who are clueless and you have a recipe for disaster.

21-Mar-18
"Throw in parents who are clueless and you have a recipe for disaster".

And, there it is! ^^^

As I said before, no violence needed. Just stare them down, tell them they need to quit. You've got to make their actions uncomfortable.

Worked many times in MODERN TIMES with my children. Never a punch thrown.

21-Mar-18
"He’s angry because of how he’s been treated by students at the school."

Not true. I hear kids say, "He made me mad."

I tell them "He did not "make you mad." He said/did something you did not like and you chose to get mad."

BTW, I see the same on here. Some people here are obviously allowing others to "make them mad."

Why?

Yes, bullying is different with social media, but so is the response from society.

Formerly, kids were told to not let it bother them unless they were in physical danger. Now they are told that their rights are being violated and that they may be scarred for life.

Maybe banning guns will solve all of this.

21-Mar-18
Part of the problem is that some kids try to hide 'being the victim' because they keep hearing "oh stop being a victim". The end result is a simmer of anger, resentment that eventually explodes outward in some way.

21-Mar-18
KPC, I was addressing this: "Most schools have a no violence policy".

As far as cyberbullying goes, I know my Kids would have simply "disengaged", or "logged off", whatever terms you want to use. But, they were self-actualized, and brought up with exceptional social skills. I know there are some messed up kids out there, with parents that are even more messed up. I don't know the solution, besides "education".

21-Mar-18
"Part of the problem is that some kids try to hide 'being the victim' because they keep hearing "oh stop being a victim"."

And, this is new? "Don't be a pu$$y". "Sack up". "Sticks and Stones"...heard that all my life. This same crap has been going on for centuries, and kids didn't shoot up schools. And, they had guns right out in the parking lot, in their gun racks.

The problem IS victim mentality. Just like the schools...if you are a "soft target"...you will be preyed upon.

21-Mar-18
Social media has turned our kids into social mis-fits. Their entire self-esteem and morale revolves around how many faceless "likes" or "friends" or "followers" they have. They live in a fantasy world in which they compare their lives to the cherry-picked, and often untruthful, highlights that other kids post. When their lives don't measure up by comparison, they feel cheated, insecure, and emotionally distraught.

Social media for kids is nothing but one big popularity contest in which the contestants can portray themselves any way they want, instead of the way they are. If I had teenage kids right now, they wouldn't be allowed on social media, period. Tough rule to enforce, I know, but I'd do my best.

Matt

08-Dec-20
It is scary to see what happens in schools. There is more and more evidence of school violence and it is scary. Many parents are afraid to send children to school for fear of violence. In my time this did not happen.

09-Dec-20

09-Dec-20
The topic of school bullying is always relevant in educational institutions. It is difficult to say what school authorities can do to stop these terrible processes. Often school authorities do not get into the educational process and it negatively affects the education of students in general. In my experience, I will say that in my studies I used the website https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/cyber-bullying/ , which is an assistant in writing essays and other documents. My friends recently told me that on this website among the free samples of essays found the topic of cyber bullying. Expanding on the topic, cyber bullying, as scary as it may sound, is present in educational institutions, too. Where did this idea come from? Students often spend time on the Internet, specifically social networks.

09-Dec-20

• Sitka Gear