Ace 20-Mar-18
Bentstick81 20-Mar-18
Ace 20-Mar-18
Atheist 20-Mar-18
'Ike' (Phone) 20-Mar-18
Bentstick81 20-Mar-18
Annony Mouse 20-Mar-18
20-Mar-18
Trump hired an attorney who has publicly argued that he (Trump) is the target of an elaborate FBI conspiracy. Get ready folks... this new barrister will be doing everything possible to propagate his ridiculous theory.

Trump has clearly chosen to ignore the advice of Republican Congressman Trey Gowdy, who said, "When you are innocent... act like it."

So, exactly what is it Gowdy is trying to tell us? I think I know.

We're getting close to the end of this debacle.

20-Mar-18
I got to get another cup of coffee after that one. 8^)))

20-Mar-18
Trump hired an attorney who has publicly argued that he (Trump) is the target of an elaborate FBI conspiracy.

He is right. Where have you been. Ref: Russian dossier, Sztrok/Page emails, Comey and McCabe leaks et al

20-Mar-18
Gowdy has lost his nuts. With an investigation into the fbi, hillary, obama, mc cabe, comey, hell the list is too long to type, and all Gowdy can talk about is how Trump needs to act like he's innocent??? After close to two years, nothing on Trump, i would really be getting pi$$ed, if i was Trump. We have the start of the biggest scandal in History, and everyone is dragging their feet, as intended, but at least they have their priorities straight. Keep wasting our tax dollars on nothing. Typical democrat move. But, the people will remember this come voting time.

20-Mar-18
Well said Tiger. Not sure how anyone with a brain cell could say any different. While Trump no doubt has the support of most agents, he surely didn’t have the support from the ones up top. And they conspired to do everything g they could to make Hillary the president.

20-Mar-18
Gowdy talks a good game, does nothing.

20-Mar-18
Trump last week. “The Failing New York Times purposely wrote a false story stating that I am unhappy with my legal team on the Russia case and am going to add another lawyer to help out. Wrong. I am VERY happy with my lawyers, John Dowd, Ty Cobb and Jay Sekulow. They are doing a great job and.....”

This week he hires DiGenova and either Dowd or Cobb has said he is stepping down. Where was the fake news again?

20-Mar-18
Adding to the Trump dumpster fire, Stormy's lawyer has said there are more women with similar stories, including at least two who also have Nondisclosure Agreements. I wonder what Trump's pseudonyms are for those NDAs. LOL

Now it makes sense why Trump threatened to sue Stormy for $20 million for violating an NDA he had nothing to do with to keep her from talking about a relationship he never had with her. It was likely a shot across the bow aimed at the other women to try and keep them from going public.

Dumpster fire, indeed.

20-Mar-18
CBS, CNN,ABC,MSNBC, fake news.

20-Mar-18
So which is it...Russian Collusion, or 10 year old affairs? Desperate Butthurts and Dems are clinging to anything they can find. Can't get anything to stick so far.

Need I mention again, that a sitting President needs to break Federal Law WHILE IN OFFICE to be impeached?

Good luck, dreamers!

20-Mar-18
I did feel a bit like building a really awesome tinfoil hat to sell after listening to some comments from the new lawyer yesterday. Then I figured, well, I dont know the context of the statements nor how they were edited together for the local news here. So Ill see how this play's out and keep the tinfoil supply high.

Foxnews = FAKE NEWS and Brietbart, OAN, Et Al as well. There is zero "reality" that says "the news I agree with is more real than the news someone else agrees with". That's just confirmation bias. Least biased news - actual fact finding organizations like the AP or similar news agencies who's goal is just to report facts - not to add spin to things.

The frustrating part of all of this, to me at least, is that no real progress as a country can be made in this environment. Everyone gets all pissed about everything and no one is capable of putting personal agenda aside to seek answers which, long term, benefit everyone.

20-Mar-18
It's no secret that the main stream media has been spinning the news for their leftist allies for years.

Fox news isn't that great either but at least they are closer to being balanced than the other sources.

20-Mar-18
"Foxnews = FAKE NEWS and Brietbart, OAN, Et Al as well."

You nailed it, Will.

20-Mar-18
"The frustrating part of all of this, to me at least, is that no real progress as a country can be made in this environment."

On the other hand, the less they change the less they f-up. I've always been a fan of political stagnation, regardless of which side of the isle is in control.

For me, the bottom line on Trump is he's not acting like a innocent man. His tweets scream guilt and desperation to me.

Matt

20-Mar-18
GG, what's the difference between how he acts today and how he acted in 2014? Not much as far as I can see.

20-Mar-18
Agree about the Fake News, Will. Somewhere along the way Fake News went from being made up garbage (ala Pizzagate) to anything that you don't agree with. There's a big distinction.

I'm also a fan of the political stagnation. I used to hate it, but have realized that it actually keeps things centered and stable.

There was a great opinion piece in the WSJ that highlighted just how insane things have gotten over the last week -- the McCabe firing and him blaming it on Trump, not the OPR; rather than letting the dismissal speak for itself (ie, it was the OPR's doing, not his), Trump celebrating the firing and using it to attempt to discredit the Mueller investigation; a former chief intelligence officer then coming out intimating that the President will be destroyed based on yet to be disclosed information -- all of which have served to fan the flames of conspiracy taking hold on both sides of the aisle. The article closes with the following point, which, unfortunately, I agree with:

"The country should be waiting for the facts of the multiple investigations to come out and then make a political judgement. Instead the brawl over the 2016 election has become a blood feud in which the facts seem irrelevant. This is going to get a lot uglier before it's over."

20-Mar-18
Kevin,

It's his constant attempts to proclaim his innocence and undermine the Russian investigation on Twitter that raises skepticism in me. I think an innocent man would encourage an investigation to expose the truth and clear his name. Instead, Trump seems hell-bent on finding cause to fire Mueller and end the investigation.

Methinks he doth protest to much.

Matt

20-Mar-18
It seems he HAS TO protest 'too much' because so few others are speaking the truth. The main stream media is running 90% Negative 24/7 against him. The the Deep State has operatives entrenched in DOJ and IC trying to take him down (Clapper, Brennan, Powers, Rhodes, Comey, McCabe, etc.). It's a serious fight, and he has always fought back.

It would be nice to trust a fair investigation to play out, but with so much on the line would YOU quietly trust an investigation to be fair when its staffed with lawyers having a political bent against you, using wire taps and sources provided by the political opposiion, and FBI agents admittedly out to get you from the start? Mueller might be legit and fair. But the rest of the deck seems stacked and biased against Trump from the start.

Does anyone think McCabe didn't deserve to get thrown off the case and then fired? Is the Trump problem only talking too much and too loud about the truth and making things worse by style more than substance?

20-Mar-18
I have no idea if the MSM is at that rate. That said, you could say the exact same thing about RWM (Right Wing Media) for the last 8 years. They literally used torching President Obama as a programming key. Again, "those" stations/outlets are not news, they are opinion.

The stagnation thing is a good point GG, BEG (Ahh, I'd forgotten about Pizzagate :)). My dad used to say stalemates in government were good, and I'd get fired up talking about how we needed to do something. But the reality is that the majority of the time, slow thinking is better than fast. "We" just don't like it today because everything "should be instant". Having gridlock seems frustrating because not much changes... but that's a positive as well. I'd rather see 1 or 2 good changes come from a presidency than 50 junk ones - regardless of a D or R sitting in the oval office. (over simplified point there)

As for McCabe. I dont know. I know for sure he didnt spend 20 years building a career good enough to get to a high level in a major agency by planning a conspiracy to mess with the election of a president. Did he have something to do with a conspiracy like that in the last 2 years roughly, which has resulted in his firing now? None of us "really" know, because the only info we "really" have is talking points from whatever "side" we want to agree with. It seems he has to have done some good things to become a leader in the organization after 20 years, so firing the guy a few days from retirement seems odd to me. Again, all we have is talking points on this. None of us really know, so it's hard to understand it.

That said, regardless of legal issues... I do think President Trump talks via twitter to much. I think the substance often causes issues - because the communication often sounds like two 5 year olds who dont know how to get along on a playground. People can disagree with substance they dont like... But they go nuts when the style it's provided to them seems insulting or juvenile etc. Add the two together and it's just gas on fire.

20-Mar-18

Michael's Link
I think Newt hit the nail on the head when it comes to Trumps tweets.

20-Mar-18
“This never should have been started,” he once said on Fox News about the Mueller investigation.

It's comments like this that I flat-out don't understand from anyone who cares about America. Mueller has uncovered multiple crimes against the US and exposed an elaborate, sophisticated, and well-funded attempt by the Russians to influence our election. I really don't give a rat's ass if Trump is involved, or not. The investigation was necessary, IMO.

Matt

20-Mar-18
I watched the first five minutes of it, JTV. This "brazen plot" is just a rehashing of the same partisan talking points that have yet to be confirmed or validated by anyone and are based on speculation much more than anything else. It's as much a "fact" as Trump/Russia collusion is at this stage.

20-Mar-18
The FBI and DOJ should have been investigating Russian attempts to interfere and influence our election. That's kind of their job, no? Almost like they didn't raise red flags because they thought Hillary would win, and did not want to tarnish her victory.

But instead, a special counsel was appointed to look for Collusion which does not exist and never has. And that idea may have come from a dossier that was 'planted/leaked' at the highest levels of DOJ for that very purpose. You don't find that troubling given what we know now about the dossier, how it was used to obtain a wiretap warrant, and the scheming we already know about by those FBI agents Paige and Strzok? And that is only the stuff we know about, which is already too much!

20-Mar-18
Once again, Bowsniper, the investigation was never solely about Russian/Trump collusion. In fact, that wasn't even mentioned in the special counsel's appointment letter.

The investigation has always been about RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN THE ELECTION and related matters. To that extent, the investigation has proven necessary, IMO.

Matt

20-Mar-18

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo

20-Mar-18

bigeasygator's Link
"But instead, a special counsel was appointed to look for Collusion"

Bowsniper,

No, a special counsel was not appointed to look for collusion. It can't be spelled out any more clearly in the order which appointed Robert Mueller. The Special Counsel was appointed "to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian govemment's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election." They were appointed so the FBI/DOJ could continue to do just what you said they should.

"You don't find that troubling given what we know now about the dossier"

What about the dossier is troubling? That it was a political hit-piece funded by (eventually) the Hillary campaign? If there are elements of it that implicate Trump or his administration/campaign in some way and they are corroborated by other intelligence or evidence -- no, that is not troubling to me.

What scheming are you talking about? There are certainly issues of bias related to Paige and Strzok and that needs to be appropriately contextualized. But that doesn't mean they were running some grand scheme to bring down Trump and doesn't necessarily preclude someone from doing their job.

"From the Nunes Memo, to the Graham/Grassely report, to the finalized Intel Report"

I love how you talk about this discounting of sources, JTV when all you ever do is prop up those that are incredibly partisan and dismiss all others.

20-Mar-18
GG, BGE - ummmm YES the special counsel was absolutely and clearly directed to look for collusion. You guys are funny. Read past the first sentence. I will attach the next bunch of words for you here as a screenshot. When you read "any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump" that means collusion. If you were being honest.... and actually read further.

About the dossier - you said with a big meaningless IF because there is no proof at all... "if there are elements of it that implicate Trump or his administration/campaign in some way and they are corroborated by other intelligence or evidence" BUT that is an assumption not based on any fact! Nothing in the dirty dossier implicates Trump in any crimes or collusion that has ever been corroborated by other US intelligence. They've had this dossier for years. Where is the crime with corroboration??

The FBI scheming - you have Paige and Strzok for certain looking to take down Trump and shield Hillary. Whose texts also reference an "insurance policy" at meetings in Andy's [McCabe - #2 in FBI] office. You have an FBI Director, Bruce Ohr whose wife was working directly for Fusion GPS and who had previously undisclosed meetings with both Steele and Simpson. You have the FBI Director [#1 man Comey] leaking to the newspapers about private meetings with the US President. So yeah, there is some shady stuff going on for those not deliberately looking in any other direction.

Does this mean Mueller can't do his job. No. I never said that. I want to have faith in Mueller. But he did hire all these people and this watergate style mess was happening on his watch with his people. I give Mueller credit for moving them off the team, but he didn't fire a single one of them, and he did put them on the team in the first place. There is reason for real concern. Especially if your last name rhymes with Chump!

20-Mar-18

BowSniper's embedded Photo
BowSniper's embedded Photo
Screen shot here

20-Mar-18
Trump himself said that o e day he’s run for President as a republican because “they’re stupid enough to believe anything”. His words. He said he loves the uneducated. Why? Because again they are easily duped and conned.

The fact still remains that trump got to where we is by cheating and scamming. And look at his list of scams he’s perpetrated on America! A wall paid for by Mexico? Nope

Repealing Obama care and drafting something “superior”. Nope.

Bring back coal jobs? Nope.

Prosecute Hillary? Nope.

Give up his business ties? Nope.

Hiring investigator to ‘prove’ that Obama wasn’t born here? Never happened

When he contradicts himself or things he’s said, republicans are quick to defend it like hapless lambs before the slaughter. Why? He was a liberal until he was 65 or so. He took money from Soros. Gave money to Pelosi and Clinton’s. He ran a fraudulent University and was fined for it. Hell, he just praised the Clinton Foundation yesterday!

Still not convinced? Research Muellers past. Then ask yourself what is in his past that would lead you to believe he’s nefarious. Then research Trumps past. And ask yourself the same question.

20-Mar-18
Atheist - Trump never actually said that quote about Republicans. More lies on the internet you repeat as if true.

But speaking of lies... Mueller is a Marine and if anyone asks, he didn't run the Crucible either. It just wasn't a part of boot camp when he went through. He wouldn't try to lie and imply that he did.

20-Mar-18
Nor did I imply that. I did however say that I attended its inaugural running. And photographed it. But good deflection attempt. Can you stay on topic?

20-Mar-18
John McCain on trump congratulating Putin. : “An American president does not lead the Free World by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections. And by doing so with Vladimir Putin, President Trump insulted every Russian citizen who was denied the right to vote in a free and fair election...”

Boom!

20-Mar-18
JTV, Ill check it out.

My interpretation (opinions, right... just like rearward facing orifices, we all have them) was that the SI was looking for basically anything related to Russia and our election - including a foreign state doing anything to meddle (or in this case, really push) an agenda on our people. The screen shot above basically say's just that. Was the campaign involved? If not, GREAT. Then who helped the Russian's push agenda's on us - and likely continue to do so? Is there something that can some how be done to stop or drastically reduce that interference?

The opinion driven media has turned it into a pin him or not bunch of shenanigans. Which sucks, because WE all should know how much we were manipulated by a foreign country. I'd just like our leader to want that info as well, and to act FOR US on that info in a sensible way.

20-Mar-18
"was obtained illegally using false information"

Tell me what was illegal how the FISA warrant was obtained? Haven't heard any court rule that was the case, despite what Breitbart says. Also, since you seem to know what information mattered in obtaining the warrant and must be privy to the FISA application, please let us know the false information that featured so prominently in getting surveillance approval? Or are you just opening your mouth on things you are out of your depth on again?

20-Mar-18
"My interpretation...was that the SI was looking for basically anything related to Russia and our election"

You are correct, Will. You can see the whole order in the link I posted order, not the parts taken out of context from BS's screenshot. The order is to investigate Russian interference, including whether there were any ties into the Trump campaign and also anything else that might arise from the investigation. Again, the alwaysTrumpers like to paint this investigation as a witch hunt against Trump. That is not the primary mission of the investigation.

Like you said, it's there or it isn't -- the order merely states that it is fair game -- as is anything else.

20-Mar-18
Facts JTV, progressives don't need no stinking facts.

One must remember for the most part you are dealing with Obama's brown-shirt trolls spreading their claptrap on any and all internet sites.

20-Mar-18
-Mueller probe was started bc trump fired head of FBI. -was based on Papadapolous bragging to Aussies abt colluding -Dossier originally funded by the GOP. -Nunes memo confirms investigation NOT based on dossier Ergo Zero FISA abuse

20-Mar-18
Good grief you are a dishonest little man PaulZ. The memo said not SOLELY based on the dossier... but clearly stated in testimony the warrant would NOT have been issued without it. The warrant was in fact denied prior to being resubmitted (a rare occurrence, only something like 1% are denied) Makes the dossier key and you know that, but just insist on being dishonest. Any tactic to get at Trump. Anything is justified in your crazy little ethics free mind. Lie, cheat, steal.... anything.... for your "cause"....

That is exactly why nothing you say on this forum matters, not even a little bit. Because it is clear the facts to you don't matter. Neither does honesty. Your credibility ship sailed a long time ago.

20-Mar-18
Why don’t you just copy and paste “War and peace” and get it over with.

20-Mar-18
Trey Gowdy Didn't say that, or at least he didn't say it to Trump. He addressed that remark to John Dowd his attorney who made a comment about Mueller wrapping up the Investigation. He said, "Mr. Dowd when you have an Innocent Client, act like it". That's different than what CNN is reporting, and some here are parroting. No wonder people get frustrated.

20-Mar-18

Amoebus's Link
Ace - "That's different than what CNN is reporting, and some here are parroting. No wonder people get frustrated."

From Fox News Insider: Trey Gowdy to Trump Lawyer: 'If POTUS Is Innocent, Act Like It'

20-Mar-18
From the OP: "Trump has clearly chosen to ignore the advice of Republican Congressman Trey Gowdy, who said, "When you are innocent... act like it." "

20-Mar-18
Mark Levin said a few months back that all mueller is doing, is doing a TRUMP IMPEACHMENT INVESTIGATION. And the thing is, all the democrat lawyers mueller picked, and not ONE republican lawyer, still can't get it done. mueller is about as honorable as atheist. The side stepping, part time marine, that can't answer questions about him LYING. Sounds exactly like mueller. mueller better hurry with his blowing smoke up everybody's a$$ investigation, because he is up to his neck in the REAL COLLUSION INVESTIGATION.

20-Mar-18

Ace's Link
UPDATE 1-Obama calls Putin after election win

3/9/2012 Reuters Staff

"WASHINGTON, March 9 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama called Russian President-elect Vladimir Putin on Friday to congratulate him on his election victory and the two discussed issues including Iran, Syria and missile defense, according to a White House statement.

Obama made “reset” of U.S. relations with Russia one of his top foreign policy priorities after taking office three years ago. He had a solid working relationship with departing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. "

(more at Link) Paulie quoted John McCain, oops, or maybe Maverick trolled him.

20-Mar-18
The two discussed Syria and Iran. Obama regularly held Putin accountable. Do you think trump asked Putin about election medddling or poisoning our allies? Nope. Do you think trump called Angela Merkel when she won? What about Frances Macron? No and no. He only called Putin because he’s Putin’s bitch. And he absolutely fears him.

20-Mar-18
Poor, poor snowflakes, beside themselves...

20-Mar-18
atheist. You touted about not talking to idiots, but you are talking about obama, so that proves another LIE out of your mouth. So, why are you on here trying to ask us questions??? What a wuss. 8^)

20-Mar-18

Annony Mouse's Link
All of this just to protect Hillary...kind of silly when put into perspective. History will show so many self tarnished their reputations for "she who was entitled" and had her dreams trashed twice by Obama and once by a country that was tired of being trod upon by elitists of DC.

• Sitka Gear