Salagi 21-Mar-18
HA/KS 21-Mar-18
Salagi 21-Mar-18
21-Mar-18

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Pretty nasty knife wound at the tweetie link. What caught my eye was in the comments section a group in the UK is actually circulating a petition to increase penalties for knife crimes. The already ban most guns....are knives next?

https://twitter.com/ElizabethHurley/status/976051427054297089/photo/1

21-Mar-18
buying a knife in england is difficult also.

21-Mar-18
They do have very strict knife laws in England. I know because I got my EDC knife (an Emerson CQC-7) confiscated while I was there because I misread the laws :-( can't have folding knife with a blade that locks open there.

21-Mar-18
Who's Elizabeth Hurely?

21-Mar-18
She might be a bimbo but, my goodness she is a good looking women. Wowza.

21-Mar-18
"They do have very strict knife laws in England. I know because I got my EDC knife (an Emerson CQC-7) confiscated while I was there because I misread the laws :-( can't have folding knife with a blade that locks open there."

Just another reason I'd rather have a root canal than visit the UK.

Matt

21-Mar-18
Free root canals in the UK.

(I don't have a clue if that is true.)

21-Mar-18
A few years ago somewhere over there (I believe it was France but I'm not sure), considered making it illegal to possess a knife with a sharp point unless you were a certified chef, in the food industry etc. Don't think they ever went through with that legislation but it was considered.

21-Mar-18
"What the hell would you cut your steak with "

They also plan to ban steak. (less of a joke than it should be)

21-Mar-18

Salagi's Link
All right, it was doctors in the UK that tried to get the sharp point knife law passed. And it was longer ago than I thought (2005).

French laws in the 17th century decreed that the tips of table and street knives be ground smooth according to this article, so there was the French connection I remembered.

• Sitka Gear