Owl 22-Mar-18
NvaGvUp 22-Mar-18
Joey Ward 22-Mar-18
Nick Muche 22-Mar-18
Tiger eye 22-Mar-18
greg simon 22-Mar-18
Shuteye 23-Mar-18
21-Mar-18
When my dad and I went on extended hunting and fishing trips, once in a while we'd fix Squaw Dish for dinner.

What's that you say? Never heard of it?

It' a very simple, easy to fix dinner:

For one serving, which I did tonight because my wife is away visiting her daughter and ten-week-old grandson:

Ingredients:

Four slices of browned bacon, chopped. (I used two slices of Moose bacon, a reasonable equivalant.)

Two slices onion, chopped.

Three eggs, beaten

4 oz canned corn

Directions:

Brown and chop the bacon.

Saute the chopped onions until they turn golden brown.

Then add the eggs and corn to the mix and stir until the eggs are gently scrambled.

Serve!

Great, easy to fix dinner!

If you prefer, also include slice or two of chopped green pepper to add some pizzaz!

21-Mar-18
And then there's Shepard's Pie:

INGREDIENTS (Serves 6-8)

2 ½ lb Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered

Salt

Pepper

1 C Milk

6T butter

2 lb ground meat

1 large onion, finely chopped

4 Carrots, coarsely chopped

2 T Tomato paste

2 T all-purpose flour

1-2 T Worcestershire sauce

Salt

Pepper

10 oz. frozen peas

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 425

Place potatoes in pot w/water, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, ~ :15, then drain and set aside

Add milk and butter to same pot, and simmer. Add potatoes and mash until smooth.

Season w/salt and pepper

Heat a large skillet over high heat and brown beef in two batches. Remove from pan and place in a colander or on paper towels

Drain fat from pan, then add ¼ C water (or beef broth) and simmer, scraping meat bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon.

Reduce heat to medium, then add onions and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, ~ :05.

Add Tomato paste and stir ~ :01.

Add flour and stir and cook for ~:02

Season with salt and pepper

Stir in Worcestershire, 2 C water and reserved beef. Stir and cook for ~:10 or until thickened. In last :01, stir in peas.

Place mixture in two 9” pie tins and top with the mashed potatoes. Use fork tines to create small peaks.

Place in oven on a sheet tray and bake for :25 - :30 until browned

21-Mar-18

bad karma's Link
Check the link to see what I'm doing for next week's Shiloh Ranch trip: ancho pork belly tacos with grilled ancho pineapple and pickled onions. Easy recipe, and an amazing meal. Even beginner cooks can do this one.

21-Mar-18
Turnip greens and corn bread

22-Mar-18

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
On top a mountain in Sept, best dang burrito I have ever had.

22-Mar-18
Ate Spam straight out of the can with a fork as I was sitting on the side of a cliff on Kauai watching the sun go down after getting schooled by a couple goats that covered the same ground in 2 minutes what took me close to 9 hours. I seriously doubt I could eat that the same way sitting at home, but when I go back, I’ll do it again.

22-Mar-18
Chicken Ala King over toast!

22-Mar-18
Kyle, I have always wanted Sheppard’s pie while on a hunting trip. Have never had it. I will have to give your recipe a try this year when I am in Wyoming chasing elk.

22-Mar-18
Tripe soup.

Matt

22-Mar-18
Tripe soup. Matt

NoNoNoNoNoNo

22-Mar-18
“Tripe soup”

Oh hell no!!

22-Mar-18
Cornish miners brought the pasty to Michigan's upper peninsula in the 1800's...... We frequently buy or make our own when we go to my cabin in the U.P.

22-Mar-18
What? No love for tripe soup? You boyz obviously haven't had it prepared correctly. ;-)

Matt

22-Mar-18
What? No love for tripe soup? You boyz obviously haven't had it prepared correctly. ;-)

Don't you love Mex Menudo? All the great veggies and those tenderized, chewy gut meat. YUMMY...

22-Mar-18
Love the Mex Menudo. I also like Mondongo for a little heartier meal.

Matt

22-Mar-18
Canned mule deer, cheddar, tomato and mayo sandwich after a long night of bear hunting and tracking. Many moons ago.

22-Mar-18
Canned Mule Deer?

CANNED?????

22-Mar-18
Pressure cooked. In jars

Called “canning”.

22-Mar-18
I prefer Dave Ramsey's rice and beans & beans and rice.

22-Mar-18
Hot dogs and beans with fried potatoes and eggs.

22-Mar-18
I've got a few tag soup recipes!

23-Mar-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
No fancy recipe but I just fried my self some white perch fillets and roe. Ate the roe while frying the fillets. There is no fish on the planet I would rather have than these white perch. Just salt, pepper and dipped in batter and rolled in corn meal.

• Sitka Gear