Will 02-Apr-18
DL 02-Apr-18
TGbow 02-Apr-18
gflight 02-Apr-18
memengako 02-Apr-18
TD 02-Apr-18
02-Apr-18

DL's Link
Let’s see, guns are now gone, knives are now the weapon of choice.

My nephew has been part of an under cover unit in the Air Force. He is part of a unit that was in London for training in counter terrorism. Units from Europe and US were there. During this they had reports of a terror cell there and his unit went in to take them out. They succeeded but lost 2 our men in doing it. One was from Oklahoma. Something we won’t hear about I’m sure. Nephew said they were two great guys we lost.

02-Apr-18
They have fairly strict knife laws there. How can this be happening? My Leatherman would be illegal there.

02-Apr-18
God Rest their souls. I'm sure they killed more infidels than they lost. London is the better for it. A business associate of mine returned to England last year after a 15 year hiatus and was sickened how the Old Lady amd specifically, London has been RUINED by THEM. Mad Dog

02-Apr-18
The Muslim immigrants in England should be the first ones to address and remedy this situation.....that is if the extreme elements of their society truly ARE the minority.........

........we're waiting.....

02-Apr-18
For March, London only had a murder rate of 15 people and they're worried about it? They need to move to CHICAGO, and THEN they'll have something to worry about as Chicago's murder rate for March was over 95% higher than London's!

02-Apr-18
Background checks to purchase a knife?

.. ..

.. .. .

Outright bans on assault knives?

What is next for such a Liberal Country?

02-Apr-18
Brutal stuff. Background checks wouldnt fix this problem. Either way the bad guys get the weapons. "we" are good guys, so with checks in place, we could have our weapons and be happy.

Sucks that people seem to think killing other people is a good idea. Ugh. England, Russia, US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, India, where ever... Why do people think that's a good idea? Frustrating.

02-Apr-18
"Background checks wouldnt fix this problem."

.. ..

.. ..

Of course you are correct here. Maybe you should edit your post on the gun control threads, where you advocate for stricter background checks.

If they, harsher background checks, won't work for knives, the won't work fur guns either.

02-Apr-18
The real story is about New York City's success at lowering its murder rate.

New York City: There were 2,245 murders in NYC in 1992. In 2017, there were 290 murders in NYC.

London: There were 175 murders in London in 1992. In 2017, there were 130 murders in London.

02-Apr-18
They only supported background checks to defend Trump. Most of them know they don't work.

Cognitive Dissonance: the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

Supporting a political team often leads to this psychological issue...

02-Apr-18
Anyone care to guess why the murder rate in London has gone up and will continue to rise?

02-Apr-18
Tony - insert sarcasm there - You are correct, I'm a weirdo (on the CF anyway :)) who is totally cool with background checks and reasonable gun licensing requirements. My point was that, with sensible background checks, no one on this forum (who I choose to believe are all good men and women, upstanding citizens etc - based on all those I've met over the years) would have a problem carrying whatever they wanted, since they could pass the checks. I dont view background checks as inhibiting the rights of good citizens, so I'm fine with them since any well behaved citizen would be able to carry their pistol or whatever and own the gun they wanted.

So on the knife thing - I'd feel the same way. If I have to pass a background check, I pass one, no worries, now I can carry my knife.

Doesnt inhibit good people (for guns or knives), doesnt inhibit bad people (we all agree on that one) and makes the people who see a picture of a gun and duck because they are so freaked feel a little safer. Win win win, to quote the great business leader, Michael Scott ;).

End point - if people are crazy and stabbing people with knives in London - at a huge rate... And since background checks don't seem to stop criminals from doing bad things with guns, then they wouldnt stop crazy folks or criminals from doing bad things with kinves.

(Why do I like them then? Because I do believe that if they stop one person from getting a weapon that they shouldnt have, or help prevent one gun death or shooting, that the tiny bit of effort I have to go through to sustain my license to carry is worth it)

02-Apr-18
It just never ends. Background checks on knives. You also can’t carry around a hammer in London. People get stabbed to death in prisons frequently. People just don’t get it. It’s the evil in people. Evil people will always find a way to murder someone. I would rather be shot dead with a gun than be stabbed multiple times.

02-Apr-18
DL, you are right. It's not the weapons that are the problem.

02-Apr-18
I know, this could never happen again but I don't trust the government. The fact that it would be mismanaged and used to pass further sensible controls couldn't happen either. Just one life saved warrants taking the freedom of millions in some folks view....

As the Nazi Party rose to power in Germany, it inherited a 1928 gun registration law that had replaced a total ban on gun ownership imposed on a defeated Germany after World War I. The 1928 law created a permit system to own and sell firearms and ammunition.

When they came to power, the Nazis used whatever gun records they had to seize weapons from their enemies.

02-Apr-18
Background check is an infringement of the 2nd amendment to freely buy, keep and bear arms. If you are just contemplating to buy; the barrier is already erected on you.

02-Apr-18
More stringent background checks...... who gets to decide what "stringent" is?.... the leftists are trying to take them away from everyone they can, the elderly, everyone? "Reasonable people"? Who the hell is that? Liberal leftists who have already sworn to eliminate the 2nd amendment? I consider myself very logical and reasonable. I see these leftists as quite unreasonable..... they only ask for ME to "compromise" what I already have, they simply.... code word "reasonably"..... want to take it. They only call it a "compromise" as in their mind they should have it all..... but they'll just take a little, for now....

What shootings would more stringent checks have prevented? Not this latest one..... if the authorities don't list infractions or charges no background checks will stop that, there is no background Other agencies will make them more stringent on those with no history of violence or crime, people who have done nothing wrong. Background checks at gun shows? None of the weapons have ever come from guns shows..... leftist paranoia. Black guns too scary?...... fine.... make em pink. You own "too many" guns, too large of magazines or "too much" ammo..... nope, can never have too many or too much..... it's not your's or anyone else's business anyway.

The point they all fail at...... there are already plenty of laws on the books right now..... they are either not being enforced or are totally ineffective WRT what they are intended for. More laws? Why? Because A: it makes people look and feel like they "care"...... or B: The whole aim is to incrementally make guns illegal to privately own.

What is your goal here? School shootings? That's easy, eliminate no gun zones, arm some staff at the school one way or the other. These shooters are cowards. They aren't attacking gun shows, police stations, gun shops, firing ranges. Almost exclusively NO GUN ZONES. The first defensive fire and they drop the weapons and run or turn them on themselves, it's been shown. Over and over.

The goal of these people is not to prevent further shootings, that is the very definition of a straw man. That's demonstrable as the leftists refuse to even consider the only thing that will be instantly effective.... arming for protection. Bottom line the only thing instantly effective is against their religion/ideology. Their aim is all guns, not safety, not mental health, not evil people. Guns bad. Take them all away. It's total BS that they only want "tougher laws" for safety. It's simply a matter of them taking the most incremental gun grabs they are allowed to get at the time. And now have stooped to using kids as props to push their agenda. The goal is pretty clear. And it is not the safety of children, they have proven they have no interest in that. It's the elimination of the 2nd amendment.

We have given enough, over and over. And it's proven in study after study that tighter regulations have FAILED, and failed everywhere they have been tried...... We as gun owners can't give any more ground, none.... because they clearly indicate they will not STOP TAKING IT. Never satisfied and have shown they never will be. They will not stop until guns themselves are illegal for private citizens to own.

Any gun owner who does give ground is living in some fantasy land. They are like anti-hunter orgs, opportunists taking all they can when they can. There are enough regulations and laws NOW. What is going on is a frantic push to "do something!" in an attempt to ease emotion, make folks feel like they are "doing something". And it will only do more harm to good people, will have no effect on the evil and mentally ill. We need more good people involved.... not less. And not some leftist moon bats deciding who is "good" and who is "bad" based on what guns they have and what the guns look like.

• Sitka Gear