TGbow 04-Apr-18
canepole 04-Apr-18
Squash 04-Apr-18
canepole 04-Apr-18
BIG BEAR 04-Apr-18
Woods Walker 04-Apr-18
BIG BEAR 04-Apr-18
04-Apr-18
Looks like law enforcement dropped the ball again. Reports state, the family of the you tube shooter, contacted authorities and warned them she was about to do harm, and nothing was done. So Much for, “see something , say something.”. If only CA would ban semi-auto rifles and bump stocks, wait they already have, wait again, she didn’t use a rifle.

04-Apr-18
KPC, yeah, the irony, but you won’t see the media picking up on that.

04-Apr-18

JL's Link

Nasim Aghdam: Who was suspected YouTube shooter and what were her beliefs? [The Independent] Harriet Agerholm ,The Independent•April 4, 2018

A woman suspected of going on a shooting rampage at YouTube’s headquarters has been named as 39-year-old Nasim Najafi Aghdam.

The California resident allegedly shot a 36-year-old man, leaving him in a critical condition. She is also suspected of injuring two women aged 32 and 27 before killing herself.

There is no evidence she knew the victims, according to police, so what could have led her to open fire?

YouTube career

The 39-year-old, who was of Iranian descent, posted regularly on the video-sharing website in Farsi, Turkish and English. In one clip, shown on the platform, she complained her videos were being censored by YouTube after an age restriction was put on one of her exercise videos.

She wrote on her website: “This video got age restricted after new close-minded youtube employees, got control of my farsi youtube channel last year 2016 & began filtering my videos to reduce views & suppress & discaurage [sic] me from making videos!”

The 39-year-old complained free speech was regularly stifled on the website, writing: “Videos of targeted users are filtered & merely relegated, so that people can hardly see their videos! There is no equal growth opportunity on YOUTUBE or any other video sharing site, your channel will grow if they want to!!!!!” The San Bruno police department identified the suspected shooter as Nasim Najafi Aghdam (Nasim Najafi Aghdam) The San Bruno police department identified the suspected shooter as Nasim Najafi Aghdam (Nasim Najafi Aghdam)

She also expressed disbelief at the payment she received for the videos, saying:“My Revenue For 300,000 Views Is $0.10?????”

Her father, Ismail Aghdam, said she was angry at the company because it cut monetisation for the clips she posted on the platform.

He told the Bay Area News Group he reported his daughter missing on Monday and warned police she could go to YouTube because she “hated” the company.

YouTube terminated the 39-year-old’s account after the shooting. Her Instagram and Facebook accounts were also removed.

A number of videos hosted by Daily Motion were still accessible on Wednesday morning, with adverts playing before the clips.

The West

In remarks on her website apparently aimed at Western governments, she wrote: “BE AWARE! Dictatorship exists in all countries but with different tactics! They only care for personal short term profits & do anything to reach their goals even by fooling simple-minded people.”

She accused them of “hiding the truth, manipulating science & everything, putting public mental & physical health at risk” and of polluting the environment and promoting materialism.

Her website features a video entitled the “health risks of anal sex”, alongside comments suggesting the state was responsible for “destroying family values” and for “sexual degeneration in the name of freedom”.

The site also features a video by Paul Joseph Watson, the British editor of US conspiracy site InfoWars called The Truth About Popular Culture.

In the video he says: “Popular culture is more vulgar, vapid, self-absorbed, hedonistic and dehumanising than at any other time in living memory … for the past few decades pop culture has only served as a sewer pipe of projectile diarrhoea aimed directly at our gawping mouths”.

Animal rights

Aghdam’s father described her as a vegan activist and animal lover. Her website features a number of graphic animal videos, including of animals being skinned while still alive.

A series of photos show her posing with various animals, including a rabbit and lion.

She featured in a 2009 story in the San Diego Union-Tribune about a People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) protest against the use of pigs in military trauma training outside the Camp Pendleton Marine Corps base in California.

At the demonstration, Aghdam was dressed in a wig and jeans with drops of painted “blood” on them and held a plastic sword.

“For me, animal rights equal human rights,” she told the paper at the time.

04-Apr-18
There's our answer, ban assault vegans.

04-Apr-18
So lets assume the cops decide to roust a muslim woman sleeping in her car and thoroughly search her.....thats front page discrimination on SF Gate and CNN.....and probably a big lawsuit against the dept.

The cops are in a no win situation.....

04-Apr-18
Bruce............. Family members and friends can tell the Police the she is "About to do something "........ But unless she expresses a threat verbally or on line...... There isn't much the Police can do....

You could warn the authorities that the original poster Squash is about to do harm.... But unless Squash displays that threat.... Then there is really nothing there..... does that make sense ???

04-Apr-18
Further....... At least here in Michigan........ If a person does not display a desire to hurt themselves or others...... And the Police have no grounds to take that person into protective custody for a mental commitment............. Family members can still go to Probate Court and ask a judge to sign a petition for mental commitment...... Once that form is in hand the Police WILL take the person in to protective custody. It's frequently done.

So to put all the burden on Law Enforcement to stop mentally challenged people from committing violent acts is not fair in my opinion......

04-Apr-18
Until a crime is actually committed how can law enforcement do anything.

04-Apr-18
"Until a crime is actually committed how can law enforcement do anything".

Especially when it involves a Muslim Woman in California! It's absolutely a no-win situation.

04-Apr-18
We don't know what happened when the police made contact with her shortly before her attack. As Big Bear stated its likely she didn't say or do anything that showed she was a threat to herself or others.

Cops contact oddball people acting strange all the time. Not very many shoot up a corporate office a few hours later.

She was twisted and evil. Don't hold your breath for the irony of her being an ARA getting press. The story is "Guns are bad" and thats it. I am guessing in that moment when people were being shot in front of them, some of the liberal, skinny jeans wearing millennial guys wished they had access to gun of their own.

04-Apr-18
Saying cops couldn’t do anything is , pardon the pun, a cop out. They can shoot a unarmed black man 20 times for an alleged robbery ? Nothing was stopping law enforcement to find this woman and talk with her, it may have defused the situation ? So I say again, what good is, “see something, say something,” if it falls on deaf ears.

I watched some of the news coverage, there were dozens of cops dressed in their military gear standing around joking and laughing, looked like they were having a party. Meantime,while there were dozens of you tube employees waiting to get frisked so they could leave the area, and there was 1 cop doing the frisking.

04-Apr-18
I just saw the brother of the suspect on TV saying he didn't know she had a gun,, And that he thought she was going to start a fight or something.... Again....... Nothing there that the Police dropped the ball on....

04-Apr-18
You obviously have a problem with cops Wayne........

See something say something works great if say,,,, A kid is making threats on line to shoot up a school..... NUMEROUS kids have been charged nationwide with making terrorist threats. But if there is no threat there is nothing. If the family still felt there was a credible threat they could have sought petition for mental commitment....

04-Apr-18
" They can shoot a unarmed black man 20 times for an alleged robbery" ?

Well, she wasn't trying to evade the police, jumping fences, not complying with cops instructions, etc. She was just napping in her car, not presenting any credible threat.

Apples and oranges, Sir!

Media-fueled lack of respect for cops is what got that dumbass shot in the first place, he was probably pulling out his cell phone to record his upcoming "mistreatment".

04-Apr-18
BB is correct..he should know.

They can't investigate every call they get without something to give them a reason.

In the case of Parkland the authorities did drop the ball because there was evidence to pursue.

04-Apr-18
Squash, I try to stay on the side lines these days. I'm not one to "gang up" on a poster who's opinion differs form the majority. With that said, would you care to share your personal story(ies) of abuse and/or mistreatment from those in law enforcement? Your contempt toward the police in general make it appear you have had some very negative experiences. Gene

04-Apr-18
Heaven forbid critique the cops on this site, next you guys will be comparing me to freeglee or some other left wing troll here. You guys are making me laugh, I don’t have to post personal experiences with cops, just watch the news or read the paper. I have no deep seeded contempt for cops, but if you couldn’t see the party type atmosphere that was going on when the cameras were on yesterday, you must be blind. One cop working while dozens of others standing around joking. For, Christ sakes, how about acting like professional public servants when the cameras are on ?

I’m not alone in putting cops under the microscope, lately they have been their own worst enemy.

04-Apr-18
Squash, I was about to send you an apology after reading the first part of your reply to my post. Unfortunately your last couple sentences seem to solidify my initial impression of you. "Only one officer working while dozens standing around joking" and "I'm not the only one putting cops under the microscope, lately they have been their own worst enemy".

Guess I'm just an old old hick from Oklahoma. I'm certainly not as "progressive" as some with their views toward law enforcement. It's ironic though, that both our states have suffered horrible terrorist acts. Timothy McVeigh in OKC and 9/11 in NYC. I recall the heroic acts that were made the law enforcement communities and firefighters back then. And the ultimate sacrifices made by many of them.

As for freeglee, I think he's entitled to his opinion even if I disagree with 98% of what he post, just like you! I'm not sure why a few select continue to engage him if they think so little of him. Gene

04-Apr-18
Squash.... How about we put a camera on you at work and your co-workers..... and let everyone critique you and your co-workers ??

We sign up for a job where we strap on a bullet proof vest every day....... and rush into dangerous situations that ordinary people are rushing out of. It's not uncommon to see cops joking around after a critical incident is under control.... Its a way of dealing with stress...... Sometimes that gets caught on camera unfortunately.

Thanks Gene !!!

04-Apr-18
no $hit. camera so the couch quarterbacks can 2nd guess life and death decision making done in real-time whenever something bad happens.

04-Apr-18
All police can to to PREVENT crime is to have a presence in a situation where one might occur, and not even that is a guaranteed preventative. Mostly all they can do is react to one and by that time most of the damage is already done. This REALITY is why we need to be able to protect OURSELVES.

04-Apr-18
Bingo Lou !!!!!

• Sitka Gear