70lbdraw 04-Apr-18
TGbow 04-Apr-18
70lbdraw 04-Apr-18
JL 04-Apr-18
TGbow 04-Apr-18
tonyo6302 05-Apr-18
04-Apr-18

Will's Link
Today in 1968 Martin Luther King Jr was shot. America lost one of it's hero's and citizens who worked to change our country and world for the better. Always liked the "I Have A Dream" speech, and saw this snip-it from the History Channel on Youtube today. Thought some may find it interesting as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IB0i6bJIjw

04-Apr-18
I find it interesting that Dr. James Farmer did most of the work with Congress, and organizing non-violent protests, but is relatively unheard of.

.. .. .

.. .. .

Dr. King was the face and the front man, but Dr. Farmer was the real deal.

Of course you won't get taught that. Or hear that from the Government.

04-Apr-18
MLK walked the walk....a truly great man.

Can't say that about many of our public figures today.....

04-Apr-18
50 years. I wasn't even 2 years old yet.............

04-Apr-18
You’d think trump would make a statement regarding a historical icon. Nope. Too busy watching Fox and friends.

Incidentally MLK would be speaking out against trump immigration policies.

What a leader.

04-Apr-18
Anything to disagree for the sake of it...

04-Apr-18
MLK had ideas. Too bad the left doesn't follow his words the way they want us too!

04-Apr-18
I admire MLK for what he did ffor Civil Rights but I don't care for his political views.

He was a Communist sympathizer.

04-Apr-18
Young liberals, especially those affiliated with Black Lives Matter, are trying to "reinterpret" MLK's words, to advocate violence. Not encouraging dialog, offering solutions, or anything that could actually grow roots.

My Nephew is one of those poor misguided young people. It's sad that MLK is not still here to "redirect" them.

04-Apr-18
your fav IMposter. It's obvious that you don't watch FOX News. All the LIES and bull$hit that you type on here can only come from the others. You never put anything on here with any TRUTH to it.

04-Apr-18

Mint's Link
Wrong again MLK would have realized that illegal immigrants suppress wages for American low skilled workers.

"Before he died, King had been a big backer of Cesar Chavez, the late-Sixties farmworkers’ organizer and one of the earliest campaigners against open borders. Right after King’s death, Reverend Ralph Abernathy, his replacement as head of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, marched with Chavez in a protest against illegal immigration over its suppressive effects on wages and its weakening of unions.”

04-Apr-18
I admire the man for his courage. He must have figured he was going to trade his life for the change he wanted. High points for eloquence, too. Doubt he was a communist sympathizer. Everyone who wasn't down with DC was a commie back then.

I also believe his dream came true, largely -people are judged by the content of their character. Unfortunately, that is bad news for a lot of folks these days.

04-Apr-18
I've always thought MLK "I have a dream" speech was plagiarized. I remember watching an old movie, "The Egyptian" starring Edmund Purdom near the end of the movie when parts and pieces of the speech was expressed. Purdom's character was playing a doctor/healer. The movie came out in the early fifties way before the capitol speech.

04-Apr-18
Obama had tremendous character. A great family man, a great husband, he was empathetic and widely respected throughout the world. But people still excoriated him and I suspect because it was the color of his skin. What makes me think that?

Imagine if he did a fraction of what Trump did. Refusing to show his taxes, cheating on his wife, multiple children from multiple women, allegations of raping his wife, going bankrupt several times, cheating investors and workers out of their money, and so much more.

And calling Martin Luther King a communist without definitive proof of anything he said being communist is ludicrous.

04-Apr-18
when you praise dictators and think nazis are misunderstood and make fun of native americans, Muslims, the disabled, women, suddenly Trump's words and actions do not honor Dr. King. No way.

04-Apr-18
Obama was probably a nice guy but he was also a good Marxist.

04-Apr-18
Obama did more to divide black and white in this country than any president in history. That is pretty anti-MLK message

04-Apr-18
Trax, They aren’t the Current president who is the darling of evangelicals. MLK and JFK and Clinton Clearly cheated and Clinton faced the consequences. But there is clearly a double standard here. Because by the very standard you hold those three , do you also hold to trump?

04-Apr-18
Connor, Buy your standard I can argue that MLK did more two divided than Obama ever could.

King was assassinated because he forced white America to hold up a mirror.

His death wasn’t merely a tragedy, it was an intentional theft of life.

Why? Because the sanitized MLK of today isn’t real. He was hated because he made America confront themselves.

He would’ve encouraged more athletes to kneel. He would’ve encouraged BLM He would’ve encouraged boycotting the NRA He preached against income inequality!

I tell people all the time that they love the dead story of King. Not the person who lived! King blocked roads, marched and spoke truth to power no matter who liked it or not and they killed him for it!

04-Apr-18
" and widely respected throughout the world."

.. .. .. .

.. .. ..

Not true at all. I travel to Europe, and the Middle East as part of my job. While President, Obummer was the laughing stock of Europe, the Saudi's, Kuwait'ies, and the Bahrain'ies.

Furthermore, every educated Saudi I have spoken to, in the Middle East, does not understand why America still elects Democrats.

04-Apr-18
Obama was a president that did not like his country.

He enabled Iran to have nuclear capabilities...it's not that hard to figure out what he was.

Jimmy Carter was a nice guy too but he was a terrible president...as was the Bushes and Slick Willy.

04-Apr-18
Is "your favorite imposter" a black man? He must be since all us racist crackers disagree with him!

04-Apr-18
70lb draw..you just made a racist comment.

Is it ok as long as the person is white?

04-Apr-18
In 8 years, Obama completely unraveled all the fruit that was born from MLK's sacrifice.

04-Apr-18
elkmtngear x 2

04-Apr-18
MLK “Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty (we are) -I am-- free at last.”

Funny how the mind works the quote came to me with a slight change as I was walking out of divorce court final hearing.

04-Apr-18
"70lb draw..you just made a racist comment. Is it ok as long as the person is white?"

Which comment are you referring too?

04-Apr-18
Racist crackers

04-Apr-18
"Racist crackers"

Ok, ya got me! I meant Racist Saltine Americans.

04-Apr-18
I do not view "crackers" as racist. There is history behind the word but many are not familiar with it unless you're from the deep south. The cracker cowboys was the historical roots I knew it as. We also have the Cracker Cookbooks, Cracker Barrel, Cracker Creek.

I like MLK's niece.... Alveda King. The times that I have listened to her, she is a moderate Democratic voice of reason. The left-wing and extremist Dems would be wise to listen to her.

04-Apr-18
One of the most descriminated segment of people are black conservatives.

05-Apr-18
Dr. James Farmer was a Republican.

.. .. .

.. .. .

Probably why he is not mentioned during Black History Month.

• Sitka Gear