Will 06-Apr-18
Will 06-Apr-18
KSflatlander 06-Apr-18
Will 06-Apr-18
KSflatlander 06-Apr-18
BIG BEAR 06-Apr-18
TGbow 06-Apr-18
06-Apr-18
Where ?? On Breitbart ?? Rush Limbaugh's show ?? I thought he went off the air when he became a drug addict.....

06-Apr-18
Brought it here from his bunker....

06-Apr-18
There's a lot of media out there to enjoy. But if you view something and spontaneously believe it's perfect, because it fits your world view... pause and go seek out the opposite. R bias and L bias are real - and as bad as folks want to view a CNBC watcher to be... it's zero difference from brietbart/Fox/OAN etc. All are biased and agenda driven. So the truth, most likely, lay's in the middle.

(Not trying to "start something"... Just find it interesting that news sources with affirming views are considered correct while those which do not affirm our views are considered wrong.)

That was an interesting article. A bit toxic for my taste (snowflake and all), but created some questions which Ill go investigate to find answers.

06-Apr-18
Totally agree SpikeBull.

JTV, So, the only "real" news outlets are hard right or right? The only news that is "true", "real", "accurate" etc, comes from those sources? The ONLY truth comes from right/hard right sources?

06-Apr-18
JTV - cool. Ill do some digging into some of those folks. Some I've heard of, some not so much. RE the papers/news, Huffpo for sure. Sorta open source "stories" vs news there... Vox/Politico, I'd say those are Brietbart equivalents (other end of the spectrum though).

OAN is so far out there to the right that I cant see my left hand when I watch it. Though have to admit, the "series" they had on about the "Clinton Years" or something like that was interesting. Been so long since all that stuff that I didnt remember many of the players etc.

Thanks for the ideas.

06-Apr-18

KSflatlander's embedded Photo
KSflatlander's embedded Photo

KSflatlander's Link

06-Apr-18
KS - that, is an awesome link. Affirms something that I've been going on - that APNew's is a pretty straight shooter, which makes me feel good about my primary news choice.

I particularly liked this portion of the page you linked too: https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

I'm saving that link of yours to dig into it more.

Unrelated, but the more I've pondered it, the less ratings would matter when it comes to whether something is honest. Ratings just say how many people are watching, not how valuable, or real, or important something is.

Regardless, It's interesting to look at info I dont agree with. Helps me learn more, and look at my belief's with a more critical eye so I can continue growing.

Your link is awesome KS - thanks for that!

06-Apr-18
Its a pretty good link; however, those doing the study also recognize that judging how left or right a source may be is subjective or qualitative in nature. But it's the best source on the subject I have seen. I tend to check any source with those in the middle to see if there are commonalities. We all have to remember that no news sources is always wrong or always right...always good or always bad. I try to get my news from many sources, left, right, middle, and compare.

06-Apr-18
Whackos on the left wearing vagina hats and whackos on the right digging bunkers and prepping for doomsday.....

06-Apr-18
We all know how accurate the main stream media is..lol

I dont let anyone do my thinking for me but it don't take a rocket scientist to see how the left had screwed up environmental regs.

• Sitka Gear