Community
Contributors to this thread:
Your fav poster 06-Apr-18
itshot 06-Apr-18
TGbow 06-Apr-18
TGbow 06-Apr-18
TGbow 06-Apr-18
06-Apr-18

The United States government... is about to compile a list of professional journalists and 'top media influencers,' which would seem to include bloggers and podcasters, and monitor what they're putting out to the public.

And, so the 1st Amendment just got tossed out the window?

I suspect It will be stricken down by the Federal Courts as it violates the Constitution. But hey, who knows in Trumps new America.

06-Apr-18
day-am, even ol free shnitt has lost whatever it was he had for the paulicias....eating their own, they are

06-Apr-18
I dont like the government getting involved in this sort of thing..especially if tax dollars are being used.

They could put this effort into looking for real criminals/terrorist.

I dont like the governmnet in the private sector unless they have reasonable cause to look into something.

But, I wonder if you are against the left prying into our lives also? Just curious

06-Apr-18
Absolutely . I was and am still against the Patriot Act, if that's what you're asking. Sure started by Bush but then extended by Obama. One of a few criticisms I have of Obamas terms. This plan, however, sets a bad precedent with definite undertones of McCarthyism.

06-Apr-18
Yep, there is one thing for sure, both parties have trampled on our rights.

Usually the 2 Parties come from different angles but in the end we lose.

I think if Hillary would have one we probably wouldn't survive as a Republic. But, I dont go along with any politician if I think they are pushing bad policies.

The only way to have a truely free society is for the government to stick to the very basics and get out of people's lives and their pocket book. I have to say the left is out performing the right though.

06-Apr-18
Except history has shown us that without regulation on business/corporations, they'd run all over workers, destroy the environment and basically do what they want, whenever they want. So a healthy dose of regulation is necessary.

06-Apr-18
We need common sense environmentalism...like dont dump toxics in our water. Beyond the basics though it only hurts.

In a real free market you would just have to move on in the work force if you're not treated as well as you would like.

Just like Civil Rights. Once the gov goes beyond the basics they end up doing the veey thing they seek to stop.

• Sitka Gear