Contributors to this thread:
tonyo6302 07-Apr-18
RJ Hunt 07-Apr-18
tonyo6302 07-Apr-18
BIG BEAR 07-Apr-18
Mpdh 07-Apr-18
tonyo6302 07-Apr-18
07-Apr-18
My 25 year old Black and Decker edge trimmer is on its last breath.

.. .. ..

.. .. ..

I know that none of the Community Forum regulars ever publically expresses an opinion on anything, but here goes;

( just a little humor to start with :-)

I have seen the infomercial on the WorksGT, and was wondering ; 1. Does anyone own one? and 2. If so, what is your opinion on it? and 3. Is it worth the three payments of 33 dollars?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

07-Apr-18
Never used a works trimmer but the Stihl has been great for us. We use ethanol free fuel and rarely a problem. We own about 20 of them (for work). They also now offer a battery powered Stihl trimmer that looks very nice. Get a Stihl and will outlast us if used at home lawns. Best of luck.

07-Apr-18
Thanks, guys. I only have a 1/4 acre of lawn.

.. ..

.. ..

I have a Stihl Trimmer that I converted and put a Stihl saw blade in it. I use this for my hunt club properties. For the home, the cheap black and decker worked well for 25 years, so not looking for another gasoline trimmer.

But, Stihls are very nice, indeed. Thanks again for the input and advice.

07-Apr-18
I had a battery operated trimmer for 2 or 3 years.... my lawn is way smaller than a quarter acre. When the battery dies in a few years you just throw the whole thing away..... You can't replace the battery affordably..... I bought a gas trimmer after it died.

07-Apr-18
I’ve had one for 4 yrs. Have about 1/2 acre to mow. 3 trees and small flower garden that need trimming in front yard. Row of 10 Lilacs, 20ft diameter rock garden, and neighbors fences on both sides in back yard, plus 3 sides of the house to trim. The unit is very light, and I always get done before the battery dies. When I bought mine, it came with only one battery. Now I think you get two. I’m happy with it. You don’t need their extra, expensive trimmer refills. Just buy bulk line at any store, and refill them yourself.

07-Apr-18
Thanks BIG BEAR, & mpdh.

• Sitka Gear