bigswivle 16-Apr-18
bigswivle 16-Apr-18
Shuteye 16-Apr-18
Two Feathers 16-Apr-18
nowheels 17-Apr-18
jjs 17-Apr-18
BK 17-Apr-18
12-Apr-18
Here we go again, a spring (?) snow storm/ ice they are calling "Xanto" coming in this weekend across the Rockies , Plains and upper lakes. I give, when will we have more than one nice day in a row? Give these snow storms other names like in reference to the global warming environmental wackos. Storm names like "snowflake" , storm of the "millennial", "Arctic Ice Melt" etc. Furnaces right into the A/C this year. Sorry , I just had to vent.

12-Apr-18
We are looking at the 4th coldest April in Minnesota history.

6” of snow last Sunday. Now we are looking at rain tomorrow with anywhere from 6” to over a foot of snow on Saturday.

The lake I live on in central Minnesota has 26” of ice on it with snow cover still. Last year ice out was April 7th.

I think I will need to dig the ice fishing gear out for opener that’s the second weekend in May.

12-Apr-18
I am wondering about the white perch hatch this year. It has been way below normal temperature and the perch are spawning. It hits temps high enough to slightly warm the water, the perch spawn and then it drops into the 20's. I am wondering if the perch eggs hatch, will the babies survive? In another couple of weeks I will know because in early May we see swarms of baby fish along the river banks.

12-Apr-18
In northern NY, still plenty of snow in the woods. May have to wear snowshoes for the May 1st opener of spring turkey season ?

16-Apr-18
I'm shanking the first person that says it's too hot this summer:)

16-Apr-18
I got 4" at my house in NE Nevada and its still coming down. Went to Arizona last week on a bike ride and should have stayed!

16-Apr-18
First time we ever had snow that I can remember for the opening day of Missouri Turkey season this morning. Pretty brisk at 32 degrees this am. The public area on my way to the airport was jammed with trucks at first light. Glad I don't hunt there....

16-Apr-18

Norseman's embedded Photo
Kids and wife out diggin out
Norseman's embedded Photo
Kids and wife out diggin out

16-Apr-18
70 here today. Beautiful

16-Apr-18
Was 91 on Saturday. So weird

16-Apr-18
Hit 89 degrees day before yesterday and we had a big thunderstorm last night with two inches of rain. Will drop below freezing tonight.

16-Apr-18
Looks a lot like Norseman's place where I'm at.

17-Apr-18
It has been a fairly typical April here in Ga - two or three days of rain followed by a couple of days in the 70s and low 80s - then a front rolls through and we have two or three days cold and windy days. It's currently sunny and upper 30s, but predicted to be in the low 80s later in the week.

It plays havoc on the turkeys gobbling and white bass running. Just about the time they start getting cranked up, another front rolls through and shuts 'em down again. Oh well, happens every year!

17-Apr-18
Another 5-10" coming in for opening Turkey season tomorrow, good skiing weather or snow mobiles. Usually be out working the fields for the plant but the frost haven't even left the ground yet, going to be late corn/beans this year.

17-Apr-18
April 18th tomorrow and still more winter mix forecasted for the morning, they say maybe just enough snow to stick on the grass. Way more than I want to see. Its really getting old.

• Sitka Gear