Grey Ghost 13-Apr-18
bigswivle 13-Apr-18
KSflatlander 13-Apr-18
TD 13-Apr-18
Grey Ghost 13-Apr-18
Your fav poster 13-Apr-18
Bentstick81 13-Apr-18
13-Apr-18
Excellent quote and an even better point.

13-Apr-18
Spike and JTV...maybe you two should look in the mirror. I rarely see a post without you two following each other. Enough already...K Cummings has a point and you made it for him immediately. What is wrong with debate and agreeing to disagree...or compromise for that matter. The CF is a reflection of congress. Everyone is slandering so much they can never find common ground...we are all bowhunters for goodness sake. We do have things in common. Why always do you two attack if someone has a different point of view?

13-Apr-18
KPC, you are right on the mark. And, as KSf pointed out, it didn't take long to confirm it. It'll never change. The CF has become the ultimate echo chamber for a relatively small group.

13-Apr-18
I don't have a COEXIST sticker on my truck but to be honest I don't disagree with the message. I also don't have a Trump sticker on my truck either. Actually I don't have any stickers on my truck if you must know.

There is a difference in community discussion and disrespectful name calling. Communication requires listening too. It seems like you all just come her to post your opinion, wait for an opposing view, then pounce but never trying to understand a different point of view. I don't have any issue with an occasional respective jab but it's like some here on the CF thrive on hatred and conflict. It's the straight out hatred for fellow bowhunters with a different opinion I can't stand. It's exhausting... I come here because I want to hear other bowhunters points-of-view because I want to understand others prospective. I think it makes you a better person to hear all sides...Fox news, MSNBC, CNN, NPR, etc.

Spike and JTV...why do you come to the CF? I'm honestly curious why you like the CF. No BS. What do you get out of this?

13-Apr-18
How enlightening. If you're dumb enough to think your perspective is the only one and that you always right (a.k.a. call it as you see it) then you only learn hard lessons. You don't consider other peoples lessons/perspectives and learn from then. The stove is never hot until you touch it yourself. Maybe you should just stop for a minute and consider it from their experience that the stove is hot. I'm not saying assimilate and always agree...just consider and ponder it for a bit. That's all.

13-Apr-18
I like some that come on here, wonder why people call a person a dumba$$, LYING FRAUD, when that is exactly what he is. Call them like you see them. Then the same few that are whining about the people, who is calling out the LYING FRAUD, argues with another guy on a different thread, ALL DAY LONG, and that's OK. Comical! 8^)))

13-Apr-18
Oh, and don't worry atheist. I will still be all over you, and your dumba$$ LIES. 8^)))

13-Apr-18
" It'll never change."

Jimbo I'm going to respectfully disagree. It can change and would if we will do our part to make it happen. I've been on here longer than most I believe. I have watched the degree of debate go down like a ship at sea the last few years. We used to have the liberal element that could (and would), make their points in a reasonable fashion. Granted the points weren't right much of the time (OK, almost all the time), but they were coherent, civil and well written. We had the conservative faction that could (and would) respond in an equally civil fashion even while ripping the liberal points to shreds. There was little name calling, and most of it was done in fun. Posts were seldom vulgar in nature of the response. Not a lot of minds were changed then either, but we had respect for each other. Some of us even met for a live debate between our leading conservative (who was from Tennessee), and our main liberal our of California. Neither one is with us today, one got disgusted at the treatment he was receiving towards the end, and the other sadly passed away not too long after the debate,

We had a lot of fun back then, shared a lot of good information, and even gave each other things to think about and an insight into the other's way of thinking. I am saddened by the actions and words of some on here (all sides), and yet glad there are some that hold themselves above the pettiness of others. Socrates made a good point with the quote Kevin shared and this topic reminded me of a phrase we used to hear on here quite a bit which most of you won't remember: "What would Tennbow say?"

13-Apr-18
I completely agree Salagi and will apologize from disrespectfulness or condescension I have thrown about to JTV or Spike or anyone else. Frustration is no excuse for disrespect.

13-Apr-18

13-Apr-18

KPC walking into the Dollar General

13-Apr-18
Salagi - that sounds pretty darn good. Really cool the liberal and conservative guys were able to have that debate - that had to be awesome!

Love that initial Socrates quote. A good thing to keep in mind for sure. Point blank, I do find the opinions of others here helpful. It makes me seek out info and review ideas that I may not have otherwise. Even if I try to seek out ideas different from my own, other folks will always come up with different angles or corridors of thought to consider. That's awesome!

I'm a newbie to the CF, historically I've focused my (excessive) bowsite time on the state forums and now and then the main hunting page. But, despite suspecting I should duck and cover for my fairly left of center ;) social view of the world, I've found my brief time on here helpful.

13-Apr-18
I have to say when I think back on the beginning.....it's quite civil today. The late 90's were the wild west.

13-Apr-18
I have no problem with completely dismembering a contrary viewpoint.......with a fact-based and completely impersonal counterpoint.

When you personalize a debate it's no longer a debate, it's a shouting match and it's a matter of which side can drown out the other; right vs wrong, fact vs fiction become irrelevant and learning opportunities are squandered.

For any who would counter that diametrically opposed parties are unlikely to change one another's views I'd offer that you're missing the point completely; you articulate in a fact-based, dispassionate manner YOUR views for all those "on the fence"; that's the crowd that's still persuadable and the one most likely to change a position when the debate is reasoned and well posited.

13-Apr-18
Seems like this place had a nickname back then...

Bowfight?

hehehe

13-Apr-18
I rarely disagree with Kevin. This is no exception.

13-Apr-18

Grey Ghost's Link
Kevin,

I couldn't agree more with you on this topic....even though there is no actual evidence that Socrates ever said your original quote.

;-)

Matt

13-Apr-18
I wonder if Socrates was a liberal?

13-Apr-18
Since his knowledge has transcended time I would say it was likely he was a liberal...lol. Just a joke guys come on.

13-Apr-18
Ahhhh...... So Crates.......

13-Apr-18

Grey Ghost's Link
"Maybe that's why the book was only a buck."

Hey, a good quote is a good quote, whoever came up with it.

It was asked earlier if Socrates was a liberal. I found that question interesting, so I Googled up this link. It's purely philosophical conjecture, and most here won't read it all, but I think you and a few others may enjoy it.

Matt

13-Apr-18
Most of what is known about Socrates is from written texts by his number one student Plato. And Plato adored him and his every word. Was he a liberal or conservative? Hard to say. He was permissive w homosexuality and liberal social issues (he was against long prison terms, torture and debtors prisons). yet he wanted the city states of Greece to over rule laws from the democratic governing body that tried to rule all of Greece. But again everything is interpreted through the writings of Plato so it’s not clear.

13-Apr-18
There you have it. Explained by the CF's biggest LIAR. It must be true.8^)))

• Sitka Gear