Jim Moore 03-May-18
IdyllwildArcher 03-May-18
jjs 04-May-18
jjs 04-May-18
Beendare 04-May-18
slade 04-May-18
03-May-18

IdyllwildArcher's Link
The piece in questions starts at about 38:45 in the video and lasts about 10 minutes.

I know many of you won't watch it due to the source (PBS newshour, which 15-20 years ago was the closest news broadcast to the Center on TV, even though it was left of center, but has taken a drastic step left, especially in the past 5 years), but there's an undeniable and unspinnable fact pointed out in this piece:

You have a guy who's playing both sides of the partisan isle making BS news stories and this has become so common today. And the EXACT SAME WEBSITE, that he admitted he's playing people with and has an identical website on the far left, doing the exact same thing, has been linked ON THESE BOARDS multiple times.

Those of you, gullible enough to believe anything that fits your world view are being played and are sheep, just like the morons on the far left who believe everything they're fed.

Watch the 10 minute skit. That website has been linked here many, many times.

Some of you guys need to turn the skepticism dial on your Bull-Shit-O-Meters up from the "Gullible Sheep" setting, to at least "Very Trusting." Some of you are so hyper-partisan, that you have zero credibility anymore, just like our resident troll: The only difference being the side of the isle.

03-May-18
"" has been linked ON THESE BOARDS multiple times ""

What site would that be?

03-May-18
Watch the skit. It's literally 10 minutes long.

03-May-18
Ike, here is the direct link from pbs.org. It was rather interesting. I haven't really trusted the news that much since around the start of the 21st century. Now I know why. To allay the fears that this is a liberal hit piece, note that the guy in this piece is a "news broker." Meaning that he has sites that are both left and right and feeds both with news that appeases or qualifies the consumers of said sites. Uses social media to get "likes." 250 word click-bait to get viewers. There is a lady in the video that calls this particular consumption tribal in nature. Interesting and non-partisan at least to me.

Type in the guys name on youtube and he has a 3 minute vid on why the Russiangate thing is ridiculous and how the DNC spent millions trying to drum up stuff on Trump.

03-May-18
That's exactly my point Jim. He has click bait BS hyper-partisan websites... on both sides of the isle. He's playing both sides. And the conservative side of that click bait has been linked here MANY times... that's my whole point. You've got a guy who's literally writing nonsense for both sides just to make a dime, to Hell with journalism, and yet, the "conservative" website he's playing hyper-partisan conservatives with has been linked as a talking point here on these boards multiple times.

03-May-18
Regrettably, I'm not surprised... That old saying, "the truth lay's in the middle"... It's a good one to ruminate on when we consume information. Ill watch it tomorrow Idyl - thanks for linking it. Sounds interesting.

03-May-18
Ike, I never got from video that he was writing anything. He was just taking what was being reported, and "feeding" it out there in 250 word blurbs. MSM would pick it up and run with it because of the hits either side were hitting on. Thats what I was seeing. Maybe i saw it wrong? Basically the guy who instigates a fight and then stands back and watches. Apparently his game plan has been picked up on and ran with by many. Basically we are at that point of "the little boy crying wolf." From both sides.

03-May-18
If you listen to the part where he explains their M.O., he employs writers and they are indeed spinning/rehashing pieces of news in a BS narrative in an effort to tickle ears. If you look at the examples of what gets churned out, it's completely bogus with the intention of misleading those that want to be mislead.

04-May-18
Read an interesting book back in the early 70s called 'The Power of the Elite' from the college library and it covers how the media can persuade the public minds to vote or buy the narrative. Ever since I read this book it has made me skeptical of the media. especially when Walter Cronkite came out right after the 68 Thet that the US military lost the war. The book probably has influence me to be more for the Libertarian platform which if one would read the platform that they are more Libertarian than other party's platform. This is the big reason that the DNC and RINOs are out to destroy Trump by all cost that he is not part of the so-called Deep State and they want to make an example from anyone else from running for POTUS that is not part of the Deep State, which we are watching in real time as it is happening. The DNC is now the enemy of the Republic and the Constitution and it is hard for the DNC to argue against this except by lies and deceit.

04-May-18
Read an interesting book back in the early 70s called 'The Power of the Elite' from the college library and it covers how the media can persuade the public minds to vote or buy the narrative. Ever since I read this book it has made me skeptical of the media. especially when Walter Cronkite came out right after the 68 Thet that the US military lost the war. The book probably has influence me to be more for the Libertarian platform which if one would read the platform that they are more Libertarian than other party's platform. This is the big reason that the DNC and RINOs are out to destroy Trump by all cost that he is not part of the so-called Deep State and they want to make an example from anyone else from running for POTUS that is not part of the Deep State, which we are watching in real time as it is happening. The DNC is now the enemy of the Republic and the Constitution and it is hard for the DNC to argue against this except by lies and deceit.

04-May-18
Good post Ike.

Is anyone really surprised? I suppose the fact that he is playing both sides is a bit of an eye opener...but heck James Comey has been doing that and I think we will find many more the deeper we get into the swamp.

04-May-18

slade's Link
“Exaggerated feelings of moral superiority” make liberals vulnerable to believing fake news, according to a study which looked at stories relating to Brexit and U.S. President Donald Trump.

Researchers at Nottingham Trent University found liberals and conservatives are equally likely to believe untrue news stories that correspond to their worldview and dismiss factual information that undermines it, but that their reasons for doing so differ.

While right-wingers “followed their gut instinct” in order to judge the veracity of news, high levels of “collective narcissism” — strong belief in the righteousness of their ideology and of others who share it — affected how liberals respond to stories.

• Sitka Gear