Mint 18-May-18
Bob H in NH 18-May-18
Your fav poster 18-May-18
MT in MO 18-May-18
Will 18-May-18
Bentstick81 18-May-18
17-May-18

slade's Link
WE THE PEOPLE ASK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO CHANGE AN EXISTING ADMINISTRATION POLICY:

Abolish the Federal Department of Education

17-May-18
I agree. Get rid of NASA at the same time,.

17-May-18
^^^ and the other list of 3 and 4 letter gov't bureaucrat agencies as well.

18-May-18
If it gets rid of DeVos, sure!

18-May-18
And give every student a voucher so they can go to any approved education facility.

18-May-18
Mint, if you get rid of DOE, who approves the "approved" facility? I don't want DOE gone, but I do want it to be reduced by 90%. Just state high level curriculum goals. Period. Let states decide who to get there and then reduce standardized testing etc. Actually I would have little problem with a test at the end of HS, nation wide. If you can't pass this, you can't graduate.

18-May-18
I’m poor communities schools need rehabbing. Ideally the people in that community should all pitch in to help with funding and govt assistance. By giving kids vouchers to go elsewhere, you’re dooming those schools. Also, some of those “other schools” are often so far away and out of the kids communities that it becomes a burden. Shouldn’t we encourage communities to improve their home schools? One last thing. Poor kids are routinely discriminated against when they enter other communities. Why subject them to further humiliation?

Valid questions don’t you agree?

18-May-18
If the DOE were eliminated there would be no need for vouchers from the feds as the feds would no longer be involved. It would then become a state problem. I am assuming doing away with the DOE would also involve eliminating all current funding for education currently supplied by the fedl govt. This would also mean the fed'l gov't would not have any say so on what is approved or not approved with regard to an education facility and/or curriculum. It would all revert to the states...

18-May-18
I'm cool with letting Mrs. DeVos go, but not the Dept of Ed.. I'd rather 2 Trump terms than another with Mrs DeVos as head of Ed so to speak... Ed is so important that I am cool with the GVMT having a part in it - even financially... it's really hard for small communities or rural areas or even inner city areas to keep up with excellent education.

If the Dept of Ed could keep focused on educational research and learning/development science, in such a way that it can help move that information to local educators where it's turned into action, that would be great. I'd like it to focus on helping states improve educational strategies so "we" as a nation are developing curious, critical thinkers.

18-May-18
"Shouldn't we encourage communities to improve their home schools?" Yep, They need to get rid of LYING & BRAIN WASHING teachers, LIKE YOU, y f IMposter. It would make a BIG difference.

• Sitka Gear