scentman 18-May-18
Salagi 18-May-18
scentman 21-May-18
petedrummond 21-May-18
Hawkarcher 21-May-18
Hunting5555 23-May-18
Griz 24-May-18
18-May-18
Maytag electric dryer just stopped heating and timer won't turn off. It had been working fine and suddenly both happened at same time. Lint hose to outside not obstructed. Ideas? Thanks!

18-May-18
There should be a schematic at the back of the machine. They are really simple. A couple of safety switches, door, overheat. The element. Motor/fan. Timer. Trace electricity through the device, where there should be electricity and there is none, then the device ahead of that is the device that is bad.

Terry

18-May-18
If it overheated a bit there is a little element that breaks the circuit check that as once it breaks you need to replace. good luck

18-May-18
Try repairclinic.com. It is a great appliance repair site - and free (although they will sell you the parts).

21-May-18
How's the dryer workn?

21-May-18
Four pounds of tannerite does the trick. Been there done that.

21-May-18
Second the YouTube comment. I replaced a rear bearing recently and I didn’t know what a rear bearing was.

23-May-18
If this is an old style dryer, the timer is EASY to replace. It can be ordered online. I replaced the timer in our old dryer at least a couple of times.

24-May-18
Could be you blew one fuse of two phase box. Change the fuses in the dryer fuse box. It might be located next to your normal breaker box and neither may appear to be "blown" or one may look like toast. Probably means the heating element is going bad and drawing too much amperage. Its an easy change out.

• Sitka Gear