Shuteye 27-May-18
MK111 27-May-18
Your fav poster 27-May-18
Bentstick81 27-May-18
bowbender77 27-May-18
PECO 28-May-18
Iktomi 29-May-18
23-May-18
I got Netflix. I seen the the Bamster and the Mrs were producing some type of show. My first thought was what qualifies them to be tv show producers? Maybe they're trying to influence the young folks that watch Netflix with some propaganda?

23-May-18
I gave up netflix because of their bs total LWL commitment.

23-May-18
"My first thought was what qualifies them to be tv show producers?"

Uh.....about the same thing that qualified them to be in the White House and getting a Nobel Prize.....THEY'RE BLACK! They CERTAINLY weren't the least bit qualified, and they damn sure proved that they aren't capable of learning on the job either.

I think you're exactly right about the propaganda though.

23-May-18
Damn - if I boycotted every dumb little thing I didn't like and gave up whatever they were affiliated with I would be forced to eat nothing but peanut butter and saltines and stare at a wall all day...

24-May-18
hmmm...... what color wall?......

Honestly, hulu, amazon and others kick it around the block. Cancelled netflicks a couple years ago and never missed it. My guess is Obama et al are "buying" into it because they are looking for buyers, supporters, er, investors.... and it would be a relatively cheap investment. Kind of the MSMBC business plan......

24-May-18
Surprised YouTube hasn't been brought up - some liberalism there as well...

The wall is light tan with shoulder mounts hanging on it.

24-May-18
They've been producing the content on every media outlet for the last 10 years save a few. I'd say they've probably gotten pretty good at it by now.

25-May-18
I watched "The War - A Film By Ken Burns and Lynn Novick" on Netflix.

.. .. .

.. ..

It was OUTSTANDING !!!!!.

It centered on interviews with civilians and soldiers from Waterbury, Connecticut; Mobile, Alabama; Luverne, Minnesota; and Sacramento, California.

I have also been watching, on Netflix, "The Roosevelts". It is absolutely uncanny the similarities between Theodore Roosevelt and Donald Trump.

I have been mesmerized by both documentaries, and have not detected much of a lefty slant.

I highly recommend it.

25-May-18
I have never been a Netflix fan from the start. There are better platforms with better content even before the Obama’s addition.

25-May-18
Trax, similarities in life, thinking, action, and bucking the swamp. Even Theodore's daughter said he wanted to be the bride at every wedding. LOL, does that remind you of someone? (think "limelight" here)

.. ..

.. ..

Teddy's life fades out by episode 4 for the most part, and Franklin dominates from there.

I highly recommend you watch "The Roosevelts", and decide for yourself. I am through episode 6.

27-May-18
Campaign contributor helped Obamas score Netflix deal By Isabel Vincent May 26, 2018 | 4:48pm

Barack and Michelle Obama are raking in the cash, thanks to the influence of a former campaign supporter.

The couple last week signed a creative production deal with Netflix that one entertainment-industry source said could be valued at more than $50?million.

Ted Sarandos, a major campaign contributor for Obama and the streaming giant’s creative-content chief who oversees an $8 billion budget, helped to broker the deal, the source told The Post.

Sarandos and his wife, Nicole Avant, bundled nearly $600,000 in contributions to Obama from their friends and associates during the 2012 presidential campaign.

The couple is friends with the Obamas, and Avant served as the US ambassador to the Bahamas from 2009 to 2011, during the former president’s first term.

Her father, Clarence, a music exec, bundled a total of nearly $450,000 for Obama’s presidential campaigns.

The multiyear Netflix agreement, in the works since at least March, calls on the Obamas “to produce a diverse mix of content, including the potential for scripted series, unscripted series, docuseries, documentaries and features,” which will be broadcast in 190 countries, according to a statement from the streaming service, which has 125?million subscribers around the globe.

The Obamas plan to work on stories that “promote greater empathy and understanding between peoples and help them share their stories with the entire world.”

Netflix says the couple formed Higher Ground Productions LLC to broker the deal. A firm with that name was incorporated in Delaware in April, public records show.

The contract comes a year after the Obamas inked a joint book deal with Penguin Random House valued in excess of $65?million. The first of the deal’s planned books, Michelle Obama’s memoir, “Becoming,” is due out in November.

Since leaving office, Barack Obama has addressed groups across the country, speaking about grassroots organizing and the problems of the poor.

Ironically, the talks come at a steep price. After a speech at a health-care conference sponsored by Wall Street firm Cantor Fitzgerald in September, Obama reportedly took home $400,000.

In addition to raking in millions, the former first couple has been involved in fund-raising for the Obama Foundation, which is developing a $500 million presidential center and library in Chicago.

27-May-18
Never forget: OFF button and the ability to select what content one desires.

Netflix and other providers collect the viewer data. With low numbers of viewers, they will see the NFL effect of Obama content. Far too many people are tired of a smarmy ego of incompetence and ignore their programs.

27-May-18
Silly silly rubes. Netflix, upon making that announcement, had membership increase over 25% AND their value increased enough that it became the most valued company OVER amazon and google. The Obama’s will eventually get an Emmy thereby putting another splinter under trumps finger nail. We know he hates Obama, and why wouldn’t he? Obama was better educated, more articulate, far more popular and well liked and people didn’t have to fake their adoration in order to appease him. They just liked him for who he was. A kind, empathetic leader of this nation. Trump couldn’t tie Obama’s shoelaces.

27-May-18
y f IMposter. You are LYING out your a$$.

27-May-18
For your verification Jeffrey. Oh and google is your friend.

Netflix is now worth more than Disney and Comcast, with a market value of $151.6 billion according to Forbes, CNN and Wall St Journal.

27-May-18
y f IMposter. Like i said, You are LYING out your a$$. Coming from YOU, and three you mentioned, pretty much verifies this. Nice try though. On to your next LIE. I'm ready. 8^)))

27-May-18
y f IMposter. It's funny how you forgot to mention, in your second reply, that CNN, Forbes, and Wall Street Journal said the 25% membership increase was from obama's show announcement, as you LIED about in your first reply. What a LYING PHONY FRAUD.

27-May-18
The Obama's are going to make about 50 million dollars from the deal and Netflix has passed Disney, saw it on Fox this morning.

27-May-18
And this all puts the idea at the bottom of my list of I really don't care. Besides most of these new sign ups will drop off as the good feeling goes away.

27-May-18
As more people cut the cord, Netflix membership will climb. Same for amazon prime.

27-May-18
y f IMposter. Don't bet on it. You don't have the balls to back it. You best run off, and save yourself from removing any doubt of the DUMBA$$ you are. 8^)

27-May-18
Screw NETFLIX and the trash they pump into our society.

28-May-18
Well I don't do cable, and I can choose what I watch on netflix. Unless they jack up the price, I'm not cancelling.

29-May-18
I wonder how they make $50 million if no one watches?

29-May-18
I like Netflix. Is there programming on there that I don't care for? Yup. But there is alot of really good programming on that I enjoy. I think I'm able to figure out what to click on. At 10 bucks/month it's a great value.

29-May-18
just for the stuff I watch on my phone or laptop while flying it's worth the $10 a month....

• Sitka Gear