bigeasygator 05-Jun-18
Glunt@work 05-Jun-18
spike78 05-Jun-18
JL 12-Jun-18
bad karma 12-Jun-18
03-Jun-18

JL's Link
Two things on this incident.....

1. Poor judgement showing off like that while carrying.....I suspect he will be assigned to cleaning the broom closets and pissers if the FBI doesn't fire him first.

2. I wonder what kind of gun that was that accidentally discharged when picked up? Vids of the incident are at the link.

Dancing FBI agent accidentally shoots man inside Denver bar after gun that fell out of his waistband while doing back flip goes off

By Daniel Roth For Dailymail.com

Published: 23:35 EDT, 2 June 2018 | Updated: 04:14 EDT, 3 June 2018

A FBI agent accidentally shot a bar patron in Colorado on Saturday after his gun fell out of his waistband while doing a back flip, and went off when he picked it back up

Denver police said they responded to a shooting at the the Mile High Spirits Distillery and Tasting Bar around 12.45am.

Paramedics were called to the scene and took the man with a gunshot wound to his leg to the hospital.

Video of the incident captured by an eyewitness was later uploaded to the Internet.

The clip shows the FBI agent busting a move at the bar in front of a crowd.

About 10 seconds into film, the agent can be seen doing a backflip during which a gun falls out of the back of his waistband, according Fox affiliate KDVR 13.

As he goes to retrieve the weapon, the gun goes off leaving onlookers shocked and mortified.

'It appears an off-duty... FBI agent was dancing at a night club when his firearm became dislodged from its waistband holster and fell onto the floor,' a statement from Denver police said.

'When the agent retrieved his handgun an unintended discharge occurred, another patron was struck by a bullet in the lower leg,' the statement added.

The FBI agent can then be seen nonchalantly walking off the dance floor, appearing not to be too concerned that his weapon just discharged inside a crowded bar.

The woman who captured the incident on her phone, identified only as Julie, told KDVR that she could hardly believe what she was witnessing.

'Everyone was kind of shocked after it happened because [the agent] kind of put his gun back away and then he walked away,' Julie said.

No one really knew what was going on... I honestly just wanted to make sure that my friends… [that] I knew where they were,' she added.

The agent was taken to Denver Police Headquarters and released into the custody of a FBI supervisor.

The Denver District Attorney's Office is reviewing the case and will determine if charges will be brought up against the agent.

03-Jun-18
If you're going to carry, there's certain things you give up. Back flips are one of those things.

03-Jun-18
Backflips, guns, and booze......what could possibly go wrong?

03-Jun-18
Needs a little more retention

03-Jun-18
That’s why my lib state has a requirement that gun manufacturers perform a drop test for safety. I forget if that is the reason that Glocks are not legal here.

03-Jun-18
Doesn’t look like that pistol went off when it hit the ground. I bet he grabbed the trigger in his haste to pick it up.

03-Jun-18
John..... Did you see the Flint Officer here in Michigan that had an accidental discharge in a high school gym at his sons wrestling match ?? The round hit the wood floor right next to a kids feet.........

The dumb ass Officer is being charged. Luckily in that case no one got shot. I think he was carrying in his pocket.

03-Jun-18
Ace just saw the picture yeah looks like he grabbed it along with the trigger. It looked like a revolver I think hard to tell. The government has a lot of idiots that’s for sure.

03-Jun-18
I never do back flips when carrying. As a matter of fact I never do back flips.

03-Jun-18

JL's Link
Chris, I just read that story. No one is saying exactly how the officer's weapon discharged....a bit of intentional mystery there for some reason. IAW this story below, the one injury was someone getting trampled as people ran out of the gym.

Charge filed against Flint cop for firing gun at wrestling tournament

Updated May 30; Posted May 30 By Dominic Adams, [email protected]

FOWLERVILLE, MI -- A misdemeanor charge has been authorized against a Flint police officer who fired his sidearm during a wrestling tournament at a high school in Livingston County, according to the county prosecutor.

One count of careless discharge of a firearm causing damage to property over $50 was authorized May 22 against the officer, according to Livingston County Prosecutor William Vailliencourt.

MLive-The Flint Journal is not identifying the police officer because he has not been arraigned on the charge.

Vailliencourt said the man will be arraigned at 8:30 a.m. on June 7 in Livingston District Court.

He faces up to a year in jail or a $500 if convicted of the misdemeanor.

Vailliencourt would not discuss specific details of the case.

The May 5 wrestling tournament at Fowlerville High School featured children in elementary, middle and high school.

After the gun was fired into the floor, there was a panic and hundreds of people fled the gym and school into the nearby parking lot and adjacent fields.

One man injured his ankle when he tripped and was ran over as people fled the school.

The tournament resumed less than an hour after the gun went off.

Livingston County sheriff's deputies later retrieved the bullet from the gym floor near the bleachers.

03-Jun-18
Sometimes guys carry small revolvers loose in their front pocket. That's just asking for an accidental discharge.......

I'm not sure that's what happened but I'm taking an educated guess from what I've heard.

03-Jun-18
Look at the film closely, the gun was laying on the ground and did not discharge until he grabbed it by the trigger.

03-Jun-18
looks like the pistol came out of the back of his pants, dead center. I can't tell, but it looks like from a holster. I would not be surprised to find it was a Glock.

Right now, some tech is trying to see if there is any way to make it go bang without pulling the trigger. If it is striker fired, that's a pretty easy task. If not, that's more work.

I had that issue in a potential lawsuit years ago. But we could not get it to fire without pulling the trigger after a week of trying everything we could think of.

04-Jun-18
No, a Beretta clone.

04-Jun-18
It's a felony here to have a firearm inside where they serve alcohol.

04-Jun-18
Why would you not be surprised to find it was a Glock?

04-Jun-18

04-Jun-18
The guy was definitely carrying SOB (small of back). Didn't discharge until he grabbed the gun which means there's a pretty high likelihood that in his haste to pick up his weapon he simply fingered the trigger. This could have been any gun (though it didn't look like a revolver to me).

04-Jun-18
The fbi service pistols are Glocks and have been for 20 years

04-Jun-18
The fbi service pistols are Glocks and have been for 20 years

04-Jun-18
And the term “Glock foot” wasn’t created without reason.

04-Jun-18
Here in MA it is also illegal to have a gun in a bar. Not many places you can legally carry where it may hit the fan.

04-Jun-18
Someone 'splain something to me. Does the FBI model Glock (if that indeed is what it was??) have a hammer? If so, how did the hammer get pulled back unless it happened somehow, someway when it impacted the floor? I'm trying to understand even if the FBI agent did finger the trigger, it shouldn't have discharged unless the hammer was back...correct?? I'm not familiar what model Glock these FBI guys/gals use.

I'll go out on a limb and say this mishap will be incorporated into the FBI Academy and FLETC training modules.

04-Jun-18
I'm not aware of any semi-auto that isn't cocked when you put a round into the chamber. I'm not familiar with Glock guns except that I hate how they feel in my hands.....the grip feels like they modeled it after the 2x4 design.

04-Jun-18
Glocks are striker fired. They don't go bang unless you pull the trigger back. Ask Plaxico Burris.

04-Jun-18
A gun without one in the chamber is no more than a piss poor club. If I am carrying, there is one in the pipe. Looks like to me he pulled the trigger. Someone once told me "keep your booger hooker off the bang switch". It makes sense. A person that is carrying needs to be able to pull it out and pull the trigger and "bang". Big Bear can chime in. But I am guessing all he has to do in pull his gun out of holster and pull trigger. The guy should have just kept his finger off the dang trigger

05-Jun-18
I have carried condition 3 (empty chamber) at times. Its a little over a second slower, which is a lot since gunfights average 3-4 seconds, and it robs you of one round. But, in some situations and activities I choose it.

Most people have less training than this FBI agent probably has had and he managed to shoot a guy in the leg picking his gun up. That said, it's a giant advantage to carry condition 1 or 0 if you need to defend yourself and with training, common sense and presence of mind, it is very safe.

05-Jun-18
Can I get a couple of beers and a ‘shot’...

05-Jun-18
Bartender, ‘shot’ over here for my friend...

05-Jun-18
I've carried both the Sig Sauer and now a Glock in my career. Both are fantastic pistols. But the big difference between the 2 is that the Sigs we carried had a decock lever; And the first pull of the trigger on the Sig is heavy like a revolver....and shots after that are a lighter trigger pull.

The Glock is always a lighter trigger pull. We've had a few accidental discharges with the Glock.

That being said...... I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that alcohol was a factor in this incident. If it was and he looses his job because of it... then it's on him. He's lucky he didn't kill someone.

Operator error 100%.

05-Jun-18
If you're carrying with one in the chamber (and I don't know of a single LEO that doesn't), there is no single-action, striker fired pistol (like a Glock) that comes with any type of decocking mechanism. There is also no manual safety that would prevent the trigger from being pulled like there are on other striker fired guns. So once you are hot, a pull of the trigger is going to make the gun go bang in every scenario with a Glock.

05-Jun-18
Glocks have a lighter trigger pull than most DA/SA first pulls like Big Bears Sig. Glocks are very safe being dropped but AD with them due to human error happens. The back of the grip is higher where the web between your thumb and fingers sits. Makes me point them high unless I have been shooting one a lot. Its kept them off my favorites list.

05-Jun-18
I typically carry my Sig P938 with one in the chamber but de-cocked. I still haven’t warmed up to cocked and locked yet. I will save that for when I go into the really sketchy areas.

12-Jun-18

JL's Link
A costly dance.....

Backflipping FBI Agent Who Accidentally Shot Man Charged With Assault [HuffPost] Ryan Grenoble ,HuffPost•June 12, 2018

The backflipping FBI agent who accidentally shot a man in the leg at a Denver bar earlier this month was arrested Tuesday and faces charges of second-degree assault, according to Denver Sheriff Department records.

A spokesman for the Denver District Attorney’s office told HuffPost 29-year-old Chase Bishop turned himself in Tuesday morning. Bishop could face additional charges based on the results of a pending blood alcohol content analysis.

“We are filing this charge now rather than waiting until the BAC report is received, which we understand could take another week, because sufficient evidence has been presented to file it,” Denver District Attorney Beth McCann said in an emailed statement. “If an additional charge needs to be filed after further evidence is received, we can file those charges then.”

Bishop gained national notoriety after video of his backflip on a dance floor in the early hours of June 2 went viral. The video shows Bishop’s handgun falling to the floor mid-flip, then discharging into the surrounding crowd with a loud pop when he reaches to recover it.

The agent then immediately tucks the firearm into his waistband and walks away.

This @FBI agent was dancing at a Denver bar on Saturday night. Did a back flip, gun falls. He picks it up and a round is fired, hitting a man (he’ll be ok.) @DenverPolice investigating. #9Newspic.twitter.com/MwV1WpNzAQ — Ryan Haarer (@RyanHaarer) June 3, 2018

Bishop works out of the FBI’s Washington, D.C., office, according to 9News. The agent was on vacation at the time of the incident and not on duty.

The bullet Bishop fired ended up striking the leg of 24-year-old Tom Reddington, a fellow patron of Mile High Spirits who was seated at a picnic table nearby.

“I heard a loud bang and I thought some idiot set off a firecracker,” Reddington told ABC News. “Then I looked down at my leg and see some brown residue... I’m still thinking it’s a firework... all of a sudden from the knee down my leg became completely red. And that’s when it clicked in my head, ‘Oh, I’ve been shot.’”

A bystander fashioned a tourniquet out of a belt to help staunch the bleeding until paramedics arrived. Reddington was transported to a local hospital and is expected to recover fully.A costly dance......

12-Jun-18
Second degree assault is a mandatory sentencing crime, 5-15 years.

Beth McCann, the Denver district attorney, is as anti-gun as it gets. She ran through that stupid magazine ban, a horrible protection order bill and a gun storage bill a few years ago, and all were terrible. That FBI agent is in deep trouble, with a front page case like this.

13-Jun-18
I have a good friend who was an FBI agent until he had his weapon taken from him at a bar. It ended his career and I would be willing to bet the back flip guy is done in law enforcement as well.

• Sitka Gear