onX Maps
forced patriotism?
Community
Contributors to this thread:
fletch 05-Jun-18
BIG BEAR 05-Jun-18
sleepyhunter 05-Jun-18
05-Jun-18
One of the greatest things about living in America is that we have the choice to stand or not to stand during the National Anthem. Our very Constitution guarantees this right. This is not a dictatorship, we don't have to do what the president says. So how has he managed to divide an entire nation over this stupid topic? And you called Obama the divider? Trumps a draft dodger and now he's worried about football players and the flag?

And can we all stop playing into Trump’s hands by calling them anthem protests? Nobody is protesting the anthem, the flag or the military, just as Rosa Parks wasn’t protesting a bus. They are protests during the anthem. The distinction is important. they are protesting the murders of US citizens by police forces that have no regard for the oath to protect and serve. The kneeling was suggested by a Navy Seal by the way.

05-Jun-18
When i was growing up, you were taught to respect the president even if you don't agree with him.

The anthem, sacred, meaning a time to respect all who fought for it.

My guess is Trump was taught the same as were most of my generation. To see it disrespected whether or not that is the point of their kneeling, is what most people who were taught "respect" have issues with, not necessarily their right to free speech.

Its not so much anyone's rights, its the lack of respect that seems to have surrounded us, this used to go without saying..

05-Jun-18

05-Jun-18

sleepyhunter's embedded Photo
sleepyhunter's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear