jjs 13-Jun-18
Coyote 65 13-Jun-18
Coyote 65 13-Jun-18
'Ike' (Phone) 13-Jun-18
Salagi 13-Jun-18
kentuckbowhnter 13-Jun-18
13-Jun-18

Woods Walker's Link

Yeah.....THAT'S the ticket! UFB.............

"Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s administration is forging ahead with a plan to build “tiny homes” on vacant city lots to create “permanent housing options” for Chicago’s “most vulnerable residents.”

13-Jun-18

Mike B's Link
They're looking to do the same in Freattle..little more than heated storage sheds, and they want to put dozens of them on open lots around the city.

Seattle politicians (city council) created this homeless issue, and all they're doing now is making it worse. They did repeal the "Employee Tax" because Amazon and others were pretty much in revolt over it.

13-Jun-18
Hey I’d take a FREE tiny house any day. That will get them working good idea.

13-Jun-18
Tiny houses=Slum

13-Jun-18
Enabling the bottom feeders always works...yeah, right!

Liberals will never learn.

13-Jun-18
Its the lefty mindset. "They are homeless, so get them a home. Problem fixed!". It won't take long until a box under a bridge will be a cleaner and safer place to live than these tiny homes unless they also threw in a giant budget to clean and repair them weekly.

13-Jun-18
Dumb question from a country boy. When a city has "vacant lots", do those lots not belong to someone or are they city owned? It would seem to me that in a town someone would have bought any vacant spaces.

13-Jun-18
Since it's so small it will take less time to destroy. My friend always said poor people have poor ways.

Not to say some poor people won't come up in life. My dad had a heart attack at 49 and never worked again. I was 16 and on welfare in 1960. But I made up my mind I wouldn't life like this and I earned everything I have.

13-Jun-18
Beats busing them to Minneapolis. We have enough of Chicago's deadbeats; don't need more!

13-Jun-18
Eureka, Ca. uses pods, they can stay as long as they have a job or back to the street; they believe giving a hand up instead of a hand out.

13-Jun-18
I have never seen a tiny house that was cheap or even close to it.....

13-Jun-18
Whirlpool is going to help out and donate refrigerator boxes:)

13-Jun-18
I vote for Shipping Containers. Weld in walls fore and aft and across the middle and install doors on the ends. One container, 4 tenants. When someone vacates, fire hose it out to clean. Cheap, long lasting, going to be hard to punch a hole in the wall with your fist. Could even stack them to minimize your land costs.

Just give them a cool enviromentally friendly name to help draw in tenants. How about Cabrini Green?

Terry

13-Jun-18

Coyote 65's embedded Photo
Coyote 65's embedded Photo
something like this.

13-Jun-18
Welcome to CA...Have actually talked about putting them in people’s backyards....LMAO

13-Jun-18
There's a shopping center in Tulsa made of shipping containers. I forget the name, my brother in law drove us by it to show it to us but we didn't stop.

And I guess my vacant lot question was really a dumb one since nobody has answered it. ;)

13-Jun-18
if they glue all the used crack pipes together they can build a lot of housing.

• Sitka Gear