tonyo6302 13-Jun-18
tonyo6302 13-Jun-18
tonyo6302 13-Jun-18
mn_archer 13-Jun-18
itshot 13-Jun-18
13-Jun-18

mn_archer's embedded Photo
mn_archer's embedded Photo
Last week the World Shotgun Shoot was held in France and the US finally sent a decent team.

I've shot with most of the US team at one match or another but I've shot with 2 of them a lot as they are friends and minnesotans.

My friend Josh dominated everyone-almost 700 of the worlds greatest shotgunned and took the gold and 15 year old Dakota win bronze in womens standard division.

13-Jun-18
Cool, congrats U.S. Team.

13-Jun-18
I am a former competitive shotgunner in very different disciplines (Skeet, Sporting Clays/FITASC).....but IPSC looks fun and interesting. I would like to give it a try someday. I have also had the pleasure of shooting with some great world class shooters in my disciplines. I grew up with 2 skeet world record holders and an Olympic Skeet shooter....it's free lessons and keeps you humble....

13-Jun-18
That's awesome - go USA! Nice shooting!

13-Jun-18
Excellent...congrats to your buddy!

Go USA!

13-Jun-18
Congratulations to our shotgunners.

13-Jun-18
Congrats to the shooters.

.. .. ..

.. …

Now, can anyone tell me what the acronyms USPSA and ISPC stands for?

13-Jun-18
What about FITASC ? What does that stand for ?

13-Jun-18
ISPC stands for International Practical Shooting Confederation (think 3 gun). USPSA is the US Practical Shooting Sports Association. This are all very combat oriented disciplines. I happen to know our own BowSniper pretty accomplished in the handgun ISPC discipline...he has shared some pointers with me at times.

FITASC stands for "Fédération Internationale de Tir aux Armes Sportives de Chasse" and is essentially "international" rules Sporting Clays. In other words the targets are travelling much faster than in sporting clays and there is a delay between the time you call pull and the time the bird is released among other differences. It is like the difference between American Skeet and International Skeet. All very sport shooting or hunting oriented.

13-Jun-18
I have shot live pigeons lots of times. It's a huge gambling pastime among shotgunners.

13-Jun-18
Thanks, Straight------------>>>>Arrow !!!!!

13-Jun-18
straight arrow, actually iocs doesn't host 3 gun events. they do rifle, pistol. and shotgun events but separately.

USPSA does host a few 3 gun events but they are mostly pistol and pcc- pistol caliber carbine

ipsc is mostly in other countries and the workd best shotgunners typically come from europe, Russia, and south America.

for Josh to dominate the way he did is unthinkable, but nobody works as hard at it as he does.

he will shoot around 150,000 rounds this year.

13-Jun-18
a BIG congrats to them and good to see mnarcher checking in!

• Sitka Gear