osage 13-Jun-18
'Ike' (Phone) 13-Jun-18
tonyo6302 13-Jun-18
TD 13-Jun-18
elkmtngear 13-Jun-18
TD 13-Jun-18
elkmtngear 13-Jun-18
13-Jun-18
I'm for it and I don't even live there. This is a great way to isolate most of the leftists and Hollywood crowd from the rest of the real country. The blue state line needs to go further up the coast to include the San Fran area. Don't want the San Fran area to contaminate the state of Northern California. It might be better to do just a two state solution though. Blue California and New California.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/plan-split-california-3-states-011747259.html

13-Jun-18
it will never happen no matter how California votes.

13-Jun-18
The middle and lower I-5 area would be a starting point for the new border.

13-Jun-18
I couldn't vote to keep SF and Sacramento. State of Jefferson would exclude those, but unfortunately, it didn't make the Ballot.

That being said, there is actually a Republican Candidate for Governor, thanks to the "Jungle Primary" (only the top two votegetters allowed on the ballot). The Dem majority orchestrated this several years back, hoping to expand their power. It backfired on them this Year.

John Cox came in second to Gavin Newsom by a margin of 300, 000 votes. Goes to show that people are getting sick of the direction California is heading!

13-Jun-18
I’m for a NorCal, but not with SanFran in it...

13-Jun-18
The line should be E-W about 20 miles north of Sacramento. We don't want the swamp people of Sac or the "wear some flowers in you hair" crowd in SF. Won't ever happen however, as SoCal needs our water to fill the swimming pools down in Tinsel Town.

13-Jun-18
The 'Big One' should resolve this issue.

13-Jun-18
I remember the push for the State of Jefferson.....

When I tell folks I was born and raised in northern CA they almost always say "Oh, in the bay area....." I tell them no, that's central CA..... I'm from NORTHERN Cali......

They will never break up the state. Those in the population centers (power centers) will never give up their slaves...... it would take another civil war. The illegals in southern CA have a better chance to overthrow and split off as a Mexican state.....

13-Jun-18
Someone has to win the lottery too, and become a multimillionaire. Good thing it won't be me, as I would spend it on whiskey and women, and probably waste the rest of it.

13-Jun-18
TD, exactly...Town of Hornbrook about as far North as you can get for me!

13-Jun-18
I spent 14 years of my life in California, and absolutely loved it ( minus the Libs ).

.. .. ..

.. .. .

There is so much for an outdoorsman to do there. You can actually Deer Hunt, Snow Ski, and Surf in the same day.

When I left Cali in 1991, there was still a lot of Republicans there. Orange County and San Diego County seemed to offset LA and the Gay Bay for a while.

Now I cry for my Californian Archer Brothers. The State as far as the Outdoors is AWESOME, but is being destroyed by political correctness and Liberal dumbness.

I remember camping in the Redwood National Park and watching Elk play in the Surf at night. I wonder how many of my Bowsite Brethren have ever seen such a sight?

Sad, that the Media and the Lefties have brainwashed Californians.

I enjoyed my time there. I arrived there shortly after the Vietnam War was over, and contrary to what you see in the Media, the locals in Orange County treated this young Marine with dignity and respect.

So much potential, but alas, California is wasted by the Liberals.

13-Jun-18
Coach used to live in Hornbrook, moved to Montague when in high school...... I grew up in the Shasta Valley, tiny little town of Gazelle, north of Weed on Old 99, south of Yreka. We both went to high school in Yreka. Not to be confused with Eureca on the coast....which would also be NORTHERN cali..... =D

13-Jun-18

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
There's some great blacktail hunting up around Copco Lake, out of Hornbrook (although not "scoreable" because they are on the wrong side of I-5).

I hunted Muleys all around Mt. Shasta for many Years, until the herd declined, and the tag draw got ridiculous. Ball Mountain used to be another good area up there.

Here's one from the archives, from the early 90s (the Glory Days) ;) One of my best hunting memories with my Dad.

13-Jun-18
That's a dandy! Looks like great times!

I moved away in the late 70's. Talking to folks up there between the droughts and the cats it's really hammered the deer herds. Although a couple years ago on a bear hunt in the Marble Mtn. Wilderness..... should'a had a deer tag......

13-Jun-18
I have always wondered what the hunting was like in CA......guess it's out of planning for good now.

13-Jun-18

"I moved away in the late 70's".

You aren't missing much, Tom. I'm lucky to kill anything legal anymore during deer Season. I'd pull up my roots and bail right now if I could. :^/

• Sitka Gear