muskeg 15-Apr-11
Charlie Rehor 15-Apr-11
Blacktail Bob 17-Apr-11
Matt Palmquist 17-Apr-11
Shedhead 18-Apr-11
Ki-Ke 18-Apr-11
Bigdan 19-Apr-11
11-Apr-11
So its official now the alaskan-yukon moose shot by "the rackman" is the new world record. This kill is captured on of his movies and is absolutely outstanding footage.

Also the first award for canadian moose was captured on video and it is unreal footage.

congrats to all the hunters

11-Apr-11
Rick Parish's 2nd place bison is not in the photo. The #1 is in both.

Rick shot a giant, not just horn size, that bull had a huge body compared to others. I was there, and helped him field dress, and start quartering. One of my friends was there also, and the three of us could not move that bull at all for good field photos.

Congrats on a fine bull Rick!

12-Apr-11
WOW, WOW, WOW... Ed F

12-Apr-11
That 205 inch Muley is awe inspiring

12-Apr-11
Wow's right Ed...Thanks for posting that Pat! Another one I like and was impressive is that Shiras...

12-Apr-11
Randy Ulmer had a very good year, 3 animals!

LBB

12-Apr-11
Not really into score that much but certainly do enjoy big animal harvests.

Congrats to the hunters and the recognition that is for sure.

Good luck, Robb

12-Apr-11
Looks like you could string a hammock on that moose rack. Very impressive. Congrats to all the hunters.

12-Apr-11
Any pictures of that Shiras, Ike? JJ

12-Apr-11

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Bowsiters that had Panel Judged animals are posted below. If I miss any of you guys please post a picture yourself. This is not bragging it is a look at the top end of each specie. Congrats! The World record NT Coues was originally measured by "Stickflicker", from Arizona! Good job Marvin!

First picture: Blayne St. James, Mtn Caribou

12-Apr-11

BOWUNTR, Ed Fanchin, Sitka Blacktail

12-Apr-11

Willieboat, Michael Park, American Elk

12-Apr-11

Tracy, Tracy Villwok, Bison

12-Apr-11

Arrowflinger84, Dan Green, Quebec Caribou, #1 and #2

12-Apr-11

Ivoryhunter, Tom Kothenbeutel, Sitka Blacktail, # 1 Tom also had a Barren Ground Caribou

12-Apr-11

Jimmysharpstick, Jim Horneck, Grizzly Bear, #1, Brown Bear, #1. Jim also had a Woodland Caribou!! Wowser!!

12-Apr-11

Matt Palmquist, Matt Palmquist, NT Mule Deer

12-Apr-11

Dave Fuller, NT Mule Deer #1, from Saskatchewan.

12-Apr-11

AKFrank, Frank Noska 1V, 2 Dall Sheep, yes, 2 Dalls and a Grizzly Bear!!

Again, If others were there please post!! Congrats!

12-Apr-11
anyone see an Ontario moose there? I'm curious how it finished.

12-Apr-11
goosie: Three of the top 4 Canadian Moose were from Ontario. Are you looking for a specific Bull?

12-Apr-11
nevermind. I didn't see the feature that Pat did on all the animals. It's in there.

12-Apr-11
Video of #1 canadian moose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fro2snQX1FI

Video interview with Real Langlois showing kill of the world record moose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHyClW9Z2Ns

Trailer for his video (great footage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRTItHBvBO0&feature=related

Video of WR moose that shows the kill shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUHylIWl2YQ&feature=watch_response

12-Apr-11
Wow, and I'd heard that Comptons keeps the true archery records now.

12-Apr-11
Any stats on that mulie besides final score? He is staggering!

Lee

12-Apr-11
Just watched the youtube moose kill mentioned above - whoa - had my heart hammering. Pretty awesome.

Lee

12-Apr-11

Lee: The Inside spread was limited to 29 0/8 because spread can not be wider than longest beam. Beam length, 29 0/8 and 26 5/8. Actual spread was 31 0/8. Eight mass measurements were 43 inches. No net brow tines. G2's netted 18 3/8 each, G3's netted 11 2/8 each, G4's netted 10 4/8's each. Stats taken from 7th Edition, Bowhunting Big Game Records of North America, Page 306. Absolutely stunning aniamal to look at! C

Worth another photo!!

12-Apr-11
Incredible buck. What a dream typical! Also interesting how there were two reported world records killed last year, one in AZ and one in UT, yet this is the one that became official. It always amazes me how quick people throw around the WR title prior to it becoming official.

12-Apr-11
Charlie is quoting inside spread... outside was more like 34+.

Nate, there is a story behind the Utah buck... it didn't go to panel. We will never know how big that buck is.... Ed F

12-Apr-11
Looks like the Breaks area is still producing top bighorns. It's too bad no one got a chance at the Lewton sheep.

12-Apr-11
The mule deer was definitely that stunning up close.

13-Apr-11
charlie - were you on the panel of judges?

13-Apr-11

Zbone: I was NOT a panel measurer but Roy Grace, aka "BOHNTR" and Jeff Pals, aka "Jeff Pals" were BOTH panel measurers and they are on Bowsite frequently. PM them if you have a question. Charlie

PS: World Record Alaska/Yukon Moose, couldn't resist another picture!!

13-Apr-11
I also had the privilege of panel scoring with Jeff, Roy and a group of great guys. These trophies are truly inspiring up close! I will post some pics later, but it was an experience I will never forget! Unfortunately, work conflicts kept me from attending the convention. I heard that it was fantasic...

13-Apr-11
Wow there are some terrific animals taken, most would take my breath away to see them while bowhunting. The black bears are impressive, 22" plus is a lot of black bear. habujohn

13-Apr-11
Lots of super critters! Them mule deer are most impressive, wow!

13-Apr-11

Tracy: Here is another picture of the Mule Deer section! Enjoy! C

13-Apr-11
Some great animals were taken and congrats to all the hunters! Those Mule deer are amazing!

13-Apr-11
Wow! You see a few names in there more than once. That's pretty impressive. Congratulations. What's the story behind the Utah mulie?

14-Apr-11
I am interested in the story about the Utah muley as well. I wonder if he was unwilling to strip the velvet?

14-Apr-11
Bx3 & COLO 3-D: Pat and I had the good fortune of sitting at the same table with the hunter and his wife at the awards dinner. His name is Paul Dallin from Utah. He is a terrific young man who was attending his first convention.

The buck nets 200 3/8 in the velvet category. Paul shot the buck in velvet and has no desire to strip it off. P&Y Club recognizes velvet entries separately for one recording period (6 years) then the entry appears only on the CD. Paul told us the Utah archery deer season is early enough that almost all deer taken are still in velvet. He could have stripped the velvet, had it scored as a hard horned then put the synthetic velvet on but he wanted to keep it natural (good for him). I think he will get a bigger one some day. He and his wife are fine people and were very excited to be at the convention. Charlie

14-Apr-11
Thanks Charlie. That is pretty cool. Shows a ton of character and integrity IMO.

14-Apr-11
Umm WOW is all I got. Congrats to all the lucky hunters.

14-Apr-11
Phenomenal thread... what amazing animals, congrats to all the hunters!

Wish I could have attended the event!

14-Apr-11

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo
Here is the picture of Nathan LaCost's new Non-Typical World Record Coues, since it wasn't shown above.

14-Apr-11

shedhead's embedded Photo
shedhead's embedded Photo
I know this thread is suppose to be about the animals and WOW what a collection!!! But this convention is soooooooo much more then that. Had a great time with my family over the weekend and would strongly suggest attending one of these events. My kids had a great time at the Saturday banquet and got some pictures with thier new buddy Harv Ebers!

15-Apr-11
Harv Ebers is one of the founding members of the P&Y Club and one of the nicest and giving persons that walk the earth. What a GREAT picture with your beautiful kids!!! C

15-Apr-11
Great photos of all the animals. I was at the convention for the NBEF, it was a hoot. Pat, I think the second place mountian lion photo is not correct. Check it out.

15-Apr-11

choclab's embedded Photo
choclab's embedded Photo
Here is a field photo of the #1 Mountain lion, There was a tie for number 2,looks like pat only listed one. The skull was not at the convention due to the difficulty getting it over the border. BTW nice meeting you Pat. Troy

15-Apr-11
Check out the kill pic of Rany Ulmer's Mexican Coues deer compared to the mount.

15-Apr-11
did any one get a pic of Anthony's #1 award Mt Goat?

15-Apr-11

Charlie Rehor's Link
muskeg: The picture is on the home page feature along with all the others! Any idea who guided him? LOL! Enjoy

17-Apr-11

Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
BigDan in his element!!!

17-Apr-11
Ki-ke, I didn't even notice that before. Browtines grew a little huh?

18-Apr-11
I was wondering when the great one (Big Dan) was going to make his appearnce on this thread.

18-Apr-11
Matt-

I was simply making an observation. I'm certain the buck was officially scored before the "enhancement".

-Steve

19-Apr-11
I was there just to hang with the girls. this was the best P&Y convention i had ever been at and it was my 9th. I will never miss another. I had no animals called in.Michels and Randys elk were monsters. The three new world records were as good as it gets. see you guys in Dallas

• Sitka Gear