Bou'bound 26-Dec-22
sticksender 26-Dec-22
RK 26-Dec-22
WhattheFOC 26-Dec-22
RK 26-Dec-22
31-Aug-13
Best of luck.

31-Aug-13
I mainly want to discuss why I was not invited ;)

Good luck, first pic looks awesome

--Jim

31-Aug-13
Is this a public land hunt?

31-Aug-13
This is going to be fun to follow. Good luck Pat!

31-Aug-13
This is going to be fun to follow. Good luck Pat!

31-Aug-13
I guess I got too excited..sorry

31-Aug-13
My muskox hunt was one of my most memorable adventures.....

I can't believe how bright colored the houses are!!

31-Aug-13
Pictures look great. GL!

31-Aug-13
Muskox is on my hunting bucket list.

31-Aug-13
I like the photos of the town, It reminds me of St Johns Newfoundland the way they paint the houses.

31-Aug-13
Good Luck Pat!!

01-Sep-13
Very cool. Interesting area. More pictures!

01-Sep-13
I want to do this. I love hunting in the arctic, but the traditional, frozen snowmobile Musk ox adventures have never called to me.

When Pat described the hunt and the opportunity to accompany the natives on a whale/seal/narwhal or whatever hunt??!! THAT...did it!

Is hunting alongside the natives for marine mammals something that can be set up, or is that available only for VIP/dignitaries like the current crew? ; )

How cool a once/lifetime experience to be elbow deep in butchering a whale??? I don't really want to kill one myself, but to be part of the experience? Priceless to me.

Watching for updates.........

Thanks, Pat!

01-Sep-13
Wow this is an awesome adventure. Why wasn't I invited!

01-Sep-13
Pat,

In the photo of the shallow gateway with the caribou antlers....is that actually a caribou WAYYY up on top of the hill? It looks too big, but I wanted to ask.....it is approximately above the right set of reindeer antlers down by the waters edge......

Waterfowler and I have been trying to book a walrus bowhunt for several years....no luck so far.....

01-Sep-13
Always nice to spot game from camp upon arrival.

01-Sep-13
Sounds fun, I'm sure I'd throw -up on the boat ride, but I've gotten sick in 9 country's so far! What's one more!! Have fun!

01-Sep-13
What an adventure! Musk Ox was one of my all time favorite hunts if for nothing else the adventure.

02-Sep-13
Looks like a cool hunt. How are the Mosquitos/black flies?

02-Sep-13
That is so cool it is unreal. By far the absolute best video Pat has ever provided on one of these live hunts. Fantastic. Those animals are spectacular.

02-Sep-13
Awesome video, great hunting adventure. Those bulls looked as old as the ice cubes! Congratulations!

02-Sep-13
When I saw the celebrating somehow I thought about Dave!! He would love that hunt!

02-Sep-13
How does this hunt compare in cost to the Arctic expeditions. Arctic hunts on Victoria Island for greenland muskox today will run around $11,000 all-inclusive of outfitter costs, tags and export permits, tips, air travel, hotel accommodations, food, and incidentals.

02-Sep-13
Your trip was an adventure with a hunt thrown in. Those are the best. If I had known about this opportunity I would have done it over my second ox in the arctic. Going new places and seeing new stuff is the best. Make a memory.

02-Sep-13
Great stuff. Musk Ox has just moved up the list! Love the footage. Did you have remote microphones on the hunters?

02-Sep-13
Fantastic stories, videos, pictures and whiskey with old ice. all is great !!!!! Congratulations. NeilĀ“s first shoot , looks with a very poor penetration, what type of broadheads was he using?

02-Sep-13
Cool stuff indeed.

What camo is Neil using? Looks like tin-foil shine.

02-Sep-13
the first bull, first shot passed through ... second shot and then the shot on the second filmed bull I agree, penetration didn't look good

Pat - does the hair on muskox contribute to poor penetration? Bone structure? Simply just the shots as they were? have your muskox in the past been passthrough shots or? Just asking

( great video BTW and that camo ya'll are using? INCREDIBLE as it blends in to that environment)

I know Slick Tricks are tough, I've used them, the broadheads didn't fail

02-Sep-13
stealthy

I can speak to a couple bulls and shots that I took. Bull one....... first shot slightly quartering to arrow traversed body long ways and existed (held in by fletching in hair) in opposite rear area in front of leg. got a second broadside shot on him and arrow went completely through.

second bull took two pass throughs broadside in boiler-room.

They are tough animals and neither went down after just one in the lungs, though they obviously would have had i let them. in both cases second shots presented themselves and I took them.

Bow was 72#

arrow was 450 grains

broadhead was magnus stinger 100 grain 4 blades.

02-Sep-13
Looks like you guys are having a ball!

Pat, what kind of video camera are you using & are you using a tripod? The videos are very well done. No shaking.

02-Sep-13
Compared to pics and videos of these hunt on the cold barren tundra this looks like Club Med:) Great video Pat.

02-Sep-13
Way cool hunt.

02-Sep-13
I don't think u need camo for this species

02-Sep-13
Neil drinks whiskey like me. lol.

02-Sep-13
I thought I read somewhere that traditional gear isn't allowed in Greenland. Is this true?

Really enjoying the day to day updates and video clips.

02-Sep-13
Best of luck !!

02-Sep-13
What a neat place! Very cool hunt!

02-Sep-13
Pat, Can't say enough good things about your hunt, just an awesome adventure. Bob

03-Sep-13
Pat: What was the local's view on global warming? Are they seeing any actual changes or is it simply BS?

03-Sep-13
Pat, I was going to wait until noon to head out on my elk hunt but after reading and watching your hunts I am all fired up and just might leave right now, ie, O'dark thirty.

That was great!

My best, Paul

03-Sep-13
Pat, OUTSTANDING hunt and thanks for sharing! You must have incredible bandwidth there in order to post the updates....is the signal everywhere or just at camp?

03-Sep-13
Congrats Pat!

The weather looks fantastic! Is that normal for the area this time of year? What broadhead did you use on your bull?

03-Sep-13
Congratulations to all the hunters!!

03-Sep-13
4 lucky guys to be on that hunt !! Congrats. Really enjoy your live hunts and the videos Pat.

03-Sep-13
I noticed you guys had draw weights in the mid-sixties to 70. I recall someone on Bowsite, back when you announced this trip, said that the legal minimum weight was something much higher...I don't recall the actual number mentioned but it seems like it was 75 or 80#? Any discussion of legal bow weight or was that bad info?

(I was also going to comment about the bugs but a few guys beat me to it!)

03-Sep-13
Pat what are you going to do with the mount.

03-Sep-13
This is VERY cool and ranks right up there with Pat's brown bear hunts!

Just curious, but can you bring the meat back to the states?

03-Sep-13
This looks like one great adventure with some cool hunting opportunities thrown in with the mix. Congrats on some great success, so far. I believe there is more to come.

03-Sep-13
Congrats, Pat... to you and your three fellow hunters. It looks like really unique topography.

03-Sep-13
Looks like a lot of bugs, what kind were they? Did they drive you crazy?

03-Sep-13
Pat your shot looked the best , Bill shot looked high but yet bull died asap , How many pounds is neil pulling look liked no penetration on his shot .

03-Sep-13
This hunt looks like a blast. I am looking forward to seeing how it ends. Thank you, Pat, for another great live hunt. Lenny

03-Sep-13

Neil Summers's Link
Bou - Costs between a Muskox hunt in the NWT vs. Greenland will not be too much different. The 2014 price for a 5-day Greenland muskox hunt will be $ 10,375 ALL IN. That puts it in the mid range; not the cheapest but also not the most expensive.

Toby - My 1st arrow broke the femur and penetrated into the brisket (the best we could tell). TOO LOW. It required additional shots to subdue the beast.

The prototype broadhead I was using has no name and is not from a major manufacturer.

X-man - I wore KUIU. I have has excellent luck with it. The larger open pattern has been good to me.

Loesshillsarcher - The truth be known, that was my 1st sip of whiskey I have had since I last tried a sip some 25 years ago.

03-Sep-13
Congrats guys!! Thanks for taking us along...tremendous! I better start pinching pennies:)

04-Sep-13
Pat, congratulations on a unique and exciting bowhunting adventure. It looks like the four of you were having a blast. Be careful with that Greenland fly fishing. It isn't exactly like the Farmington River. You will be ruined, for sure.

Jeff in Connecticut

04-Sep-13
Neil I get that bitter beer face when I drink it, which is a very rare occasion. I am not man enough to drink it, but I would have celebrated just like you did. Congrats again. Ned Can't wait to see how the reindeer hunt pans out.

04-Sep-13
Over $40K invested in this adventure between the four of you and you celebrated with a $15 bottle of Black Velvet? Now that is truly roughing it!

04-Sep-13
This is a great adventure...........but Pat.......you may be new to this fishing thing, but when you say you "landed" a fish it means you actually caught it............ not that is snapped your line and got away! LOL

04-Sep-13
Thanks Neil!!!! Good luck with the caribou!!!

04-Sep-13
Pretty cool guys. What do they do with the meat?

04-Sep-13
Good point way too much is made of the details in life.........best to think big picture. Man did you have some great pictures on that trip. Did you even see a cloud the whole time??????

04-Sep-13
Are the reindeer part of the 29 species and which caribou .Im shopping caribou for the super 10 all i need a caribou

05-Sep-13
Pat,

This is the best collection of video footage that I have seen for a muskox bowhunt.....and you didn't have to worry about your gear freezing or keeping the batteries warm......although a slightly cooler temperature might have kept the bugs at bay.......

05-Sep-13
No doubt, this hunt is a blast...very under rated! Frank Feldman is great to hunt with and really watches out for everyone! Congrats to all!

05-Sep-13

Sage Buffalo's embedded Photo
Sage Buffalo's embedded Photo
Pat Fred must shoot a crossbow cause they usually fish with spinners - haha. I would have had a hard time passing up world class fishing. You were smart to take advantage of it. Here's one I caught in AK.

05-Sep-13
Pat I am a real fan of you' after I met you on that caribou hunt. I realized you are the real thing a good hunter and a nice guy. Woul love to see a collection of your trophy . Keep up the great site you created.

05-Sep-13
I think this might be my favorite feature (the most current one always is). Someone's writing skills are getting really good. Congratulations fellas !!

05-Sep-13
Would love to see more pictures of your trip Pat!

05-Sep-13
Congrats to you guys. Amazing hunt and photo documentation.

What did the meat taste like?

Bill

05-Sep-13
if somehow some way somewhere these guys end up pulling a caribou out of this trip in addition to all the other neat stuff that has been going on it will be unreal.

06-Sep-13
Neil,

Does that all in cost include your flight up there and getting the cape and horns home? How long do you need to do this hunt (9 days total)? When does the season open and close?

Fantastic feature, i would agree with wild1, one of my features as well. I think that there will be a whole host of bowsiters that do this hunt over the next 5 years (I hope to be one of them). I had never really considered muskox before but after seeing the scenery, the stalking and the adventure getting to them they have jumped up the want list.

06-Sep-13

Neil Summers's Link
The $ 10,375 should close to what it will be with all the travel expenses, hunt license & tag, etc. It will vary some depending on where you live in terms of the airfare.

You will need a 9 day window to get in a 5 day hunt, but 2 of the travel days in the boat are part of the adventure.

In 2014, his hunt will be 5 days of hunting and include 1 muskox with incidental animals should they present themselves and that would be Reindeer, Arctic fox and Arctic hare for no additional cost.

There will be time frames in late June through mid September. Anyone wanting a quote for this trip can email me at [email protected] There are tons of logistics with flight, hotels, transfers, weapons permits Ect. but I take care of all that for you.

Let me know if I can help.

06-Sep-13
Niel-

So all in is $10k for muskox and caribou?

That's a pretty good deal!

06-Sep-13
LOL !!!Pat you need to tell Kund about an American invention we have in the states called a SCOPE. about a 3x9 would do. lol great video !

06-Sep-13
What are the logistics getting the cape/horns back?

08-Sep-13
Awesome trip!

08-Sep-13
So Pat, what is the big, 2-blade broadhead you are using?

08-Sep-13
What kind of camo gear was the guide wearing?

08-Sep-13
Great trip and write up. Congrats!

08-Sep-13
What an adventure you four are having! The pictures are spectacular but the commentary is even better.

Thanks for taking us all along on your hunt.

Russell

08-Sep-13
Exceelent excellent adventure all round. A truly wild place with great animals to stalk and fish to catch makes a hunting trip a true adventure. Well done and congratulations all round

08-Sep-13
What kind of camera did you use?

08-Sep-13
Thanks for sharing your Greenland adventure with the Bowsite guys. No question about it ya'll had a great time. Your writings really expressed you excitement. Great job of recording your adventure.

09-Sep-13
Great trip! Do these caribou fall under any of the categories recognized by Pope and Young?

10-Sep-13
Pat, what were the excact coordinates and/or names of the fjords hunted. I grew up in the neighborhood some 35 years ago and I'd love to go back with the bow.

Great hunt and fantastic coverage!

10-Sep-13
Spectacular

10-Sep-13
This was fantastic Pat!!! Thanks for sharing this hunt and experience with us!

10-Sep-13
10-11k, I'm out as are most people. Dan Malloy has most of my money, along with colleges, insurance companies, and oh, Obama. I have to think hard about buying arrows, and that comes from a family on 180k salaries. More decline of the middle class I guess.

10-Sep-13
Pat,

Did you have bandwidth over the whole area to do you posting? If so, I find that amazing.

SteveB

10-Sep-13
Pat, killer hunt!

You would have caught more fish with your reel spooled the right way though...On a fly reel the line comes off the BOTTOM of the reel! I work in a fly shop, that really bugs me :)

11-Sep-13
Very very cool stuff guys. Thanks for bringing us along. The video and the pictures are top notch. I have been up there fishing before in the Northwest Territories, but never hunting for muskox like that. Brings back great memories. It looks as if most of you guys used your same setups as you do back home for deer and such, and the penetration was adequete for these animals. Good stuff. Congrats to everyone.

11-Sep-13
If you have not clicked on the link to the outfitter and looked at the 18 minute video of 4 other hunts that aired on Bowhunter TV you should. It is excellent. That and Pat's really provides a lot of great action.

Check it out

11-Sep-13
Misread, deleted.

11-Sep-13
where were two muskox ever legal?

11-Sep-13
Deleted

11-Sep-13
Only 1 Muskox

14-Sep-13
omg reading about that seal has me rolling, now that's my kind of adventure! Thanks for sharing.

As far as the $10,000 cost sure it is expensive, but what isn't? You only live once, and some don't even do that...

michael

27-Sep-13
Pat-I just finished reading the entire adventure. Incredible. Amazing to see some of the pictures and thanks for sharing it:)Congrats.

10-Feb-18
This is such a cool hunt

26-Dec-22

26-Dec-22
Have some posts gone missing?

26-Dec-22
Quit struggling Bou'

26-Dec-22
No link to the semi-live. WtF?

26-Dec-22
This 9 years old

Bou just trying to maintain archery posts only