Wood 09-Dec-18
12yards 10-Dec-18
Wideone 10-Dec-18
Jack Harris 10-Dec-18
tobywon 10-Dec-18
Castle Oak 10-Dec-18
Topgun 30-06 10-Dec-18
27-Dec-13
I just got off phone with Cabela's. I placed an order this morning and used my Cabelas's VISA Card to pay for the order. Approx 3 hrs. later I received an email from Cabela's that they were unable to process my order because of credit card issues. I called Cabela's and they transferred me to the World Foremost Bank. They advised me that there was a "hold" on my card because there an on-line charge of $9.84 had been make on my account from FEOSAC in Malta. They asked if I had made the charge I told them no and I wanted the card cancelled immediately.

I had my initial Cabela's credit card experience fraudulent charges back in October 2013 for fraudulent charges in the Chicago area. I had that card cancelled and they issued me the card I just cancelled tonight.

I have had a Cabela's VISA Card since 2011 and never had a problem until recent. What are the odds of "lightning striking twice" in the same place in two months time frame? I cannot help but believe this is some internal security problems at the World Foremost Bank.

I asked the Worlds Foremost Bank CSR why I wasn't notified about either of these two fraudulent charges. He responded that it was my responsibility to let them know that if fraudulent charges were occurring on card that I wanted to be notified. That is when I lost it and asked were does "common sense" fit into the picture. I was advised about their policy. We then had a one-sided discussion about "their policy" and proper "policy location."

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues with a Cabela's Club VISA credit card?

Thanks

27-Dec-13
Never a problem in 10 years or so. I have had them call my home number when I was out of state charging gas, motel, etc. just to check if the charges were legit. I appreciated that !

BTW, expect this to get worse as time goes on. Lots of lazy, non working people in this world.

27-Dec-13
Be glad you didn't use the card at Target. That sounds like a bigger issue.Bob.

27-Dec-13
Days of fraud are here to stay and unfortunately are occurring regularly. The latest Target fiasco is just one example. Lots of unscrupulous people out there. That said, I have received notice on occasion about questionable charges on my Cabelas card. I too appreciate that. I keep the Cabelas fraud number on speed dial. Unfortunately it is upon us to keep close tabs on what is spent using the credit card. The software they use to detect fraud only analyzes your spending pattern. Outside of that, not sure they could do any more than that without a crystal ball. You are generally not responsible for fraudulent charges. Like anything, be vigilant these days!

27-Dec-13
I have had Cabelas close my account at least a dozen times particularly at out of state venues. I am glad they do.. A phone call fixes it. Its my primary "black card" and I am real happy they do that! Now I call ahead. Best card I have.

27-Dec-13
I have a Cabela's card and they have always been top notch as far as customer service. I was traveling to Colorado with Rick Embry (bowme2) on an elk hunt and used my card for fuel, tags and groceries. At my last stop before hitting the mountain it wouldn't work. They called me immediately on my cell phone asking if it was me using the card since it was out of state and being used so frequently.

As Pat said, fraud is reaching out everywhere. My company business card has been hit at least twice the last three years.

27-Dec-13
I'm I with several others here. When mine info was stolen,they locked it down and called right away. Pretty sure mine was stolen at a restaurant in Nashville, TN. For what that's worth.

27-Dec-13
I been a cabelas card holder for at least 10 years. Recently, and one other time I had charges on my account not made by me. They were extremely efficient at resolving the issue and never once making me pay for the fraudulent charges.

27-Dec-13
I have been a card holder for many years and have had one time that they shut down my card for fraudulent use. We were contacted by Cabelas to ask about the questionable charges , and they were not ours so I was glad that they shut down the card. We were issued new cards and had them in a few days , and we were not responsible for the fraudulent charges. Before the Arizona draw and before my trip to Arizona this year I called Cabelas and notified them of the draw and my travels so I didn't have any problems.

28-Dec-13
My experiences are very similar to most of the above posts.

I think Cabelas does a great job monitoring things, but like others have stated, I'm afraid things are only going to get worse.

28-Dec-13
I trust my life to my Cabelas Visa card and you should too.

28-Dec-13
Yeah mine got pulled for a $8.00 hit in Great Britain. I think mine got compromised at target though on my wife's shopping trip.

28-Dec-13
Haven't had an issue yet with mine. Had my debit compromised a couple times though.

28-Dec-13
Same with others here, they have contacted me when I went out of state and charged gas, restaurants, etc. to make sure the charges were legit. No issues whatsoever with them and customer service has been great.

28-Dec-13
My experience has been pretty much like many of the other comments. My account was hacked a few years ago. I didn't have to pay for the fraud charges.

I let Cabela's know if I'm going out of state for any period of time so they don't get worried.

I'm glad when they call to ask if out of state charges are legitimate.

Overall I'm very happy with my card and the service I've received.

28-Dec-13
I've had a Cabelas card for 8 years and have had great customer service. They will call if there is an unusual charge.

28-Dec-13
I have had a Cabelas visa for at least 10 years. In that period of time they shut it off twice. The first time was on an elk hunt when I changed states over night and then tried to buy an elk tag over the counter at 4 in the morning at a Walmart. Had to wait until 6 am to get it straightened out. The second someone charged a dinner in San Francisco and a room in Tokyo, Japan. I thanked them for stopping service both times at no cost to me. I think their security is great.

28-Dec-13
I bet if you changed every password that you use on your PC that the problem may go away. I had my AOL password stolen once, then had a credit card number stolen after I ordered something.Also run the newest virus scans on your PC. Your pc may be sending some scum every transaction you do do. Good luck.

28-Dec-13
Not sure why you'd be upset that they shut the card off ... that's exactly what they should have done. Mine gets this treatment from time to time, as well, and I'm thankful that they "catch it".

But I don't take it for granted that they catch everything. That's still on me.

28-Dec-13
Been a card member since 1997. Very pleased with the service and the anti fraud vigilance.

28-Dec-13
My major problem is they never call me to question the charges- they just put a "hold" on my card, then when I card is denied, I have to call them to find out there is a "hold."

I'm kinda like the old Holiday Inn slogan- "The best surprise is no surprise." Where is the service of notifying the customer of possible fraudulent charges?

28-Dec-13
I was a loyal credit card user for over 15 years until the day I was defrauded of $800 + in a store Going Out of Business Sale, called them immediately to contest the charge, did not get an answer on any resolution for 6 weeks. The answer was basically tough sh**. If they had told me that sooner I could have done something with the store before they closed up shop and left.

And yes I told Cabelas - or more accurately World's foremost Bank-that day that it was a Going out of Business sale. Eventually I managed to get Cabelas to split the loss with me, but they insisted on damaging my credit, which backfired and I still have excellent credit.

Got a Bass Pro card and no problems so far.

28-Dec-13
I am not sure about the Cabelas card but others I have allow me to add alerts for things like charges out of country, set $ amount, etc.

I agree it will continue to get worse.

28-Dec-13
I have had nothing but good luck with Cabelas card. One time I was buying a google earth program with it and as soon as I hit the pay button my cell phone rang. It was customer service asking if I was really wanting to make the purchase as it was originating in the UK. I told them no and thanked them for calling me.

28-Dec-13
I got the call 2 days ago that 3 charges worth $1,000 had been made and the card was shut down. I've only used it twice in the last month and it never left my hand. To cabelas credit they are sending me a new one and I don't owe for those charges

28-Dec-13
I agree with most of what has been stated. Cabelas has "stopped" my account 2 times for fraud. I am VERY GRATEFUL to the Cabelas card bank for being so alert and stopping unwanted charges. I trust Cabelas VISA.

good luck to all, the dog

28-Dec-13
never any issues with my cabelas visa card for many years now.

a couple years ago I had my wells fargo visa stolen by a hotel on the Oregon coast. they called shortly afterwards when charges from bed bath and beyond started showing up. there was about $300 in charges before they shut it down. I did not have to pay a cent.

28-Dec-13
I talked with Cabela's again this morning. The Cabela's CSR immediately transferred me to the World's Foremost Bank which I learned is in Lincoln, NE.

The bank's CSR and I revisited my phone call of last night (Friday. Sadly, no phone number changes had been made to my account as requested and I was lead to believe was happening as we spoke last night.

The CSR also told me that the Bank had attemped to call me on 12/21, the day of the fraud charge. I asked what number they called and if they left a message on my phone. The phone number they called was correct but they had no record as to whether they left a message concerning the suspected fraud or not. I told them they did not as I have VM on my home phone and I had no messages to return.

It is my belief that someone in the World's Foremost Bank is selling private customer info to someone on the curruption market. What the World's Foremost Bank has is "a fox in the hen house".

I agree with others that "Cabela's" Retail is not the culprit in this matter, but they proudly display their name on the credit card. I would think they would be concerned about the image of their company name. It is certaining not building their image where others may want their VISA credit card. Club points is one thing, damaged personal credit is a for greater concern to me.

28-Dec-13
I use my Cabelas card frequently for weekly business travel. Their system "knows" my travel habits and alerts me if a charge is something out of the ordinary. I've had great luck with them. If somebody was selling information, the charges would be in the hundreds, maybe thousands, and would be widespread.

Once I watched a parking attendant at DIA memorize my card number. I called my wife on the way home and told her to keep an eye out. The next morning we got a call from Cabelas card security notifying me that there were a whole bunch of strange online gift card purchases made the night before that were out of character for our purchasing habits. Targer, Old Navy, Sure enough, the guy was doing it.

Worst thing was, I wrote down his name and Denver police wouldn't do anything about it. The sergeant I spoke with said if they tried to track down every case of solen credit card numbers by DIA or related employees, that's all they would be doing. He said it's an epidemic.

I reminded him that their job was suppsoed to do that, and since I gave him the guy's name, booth number and time, it should be fairly easy to catch him. "Sorry, don't have time".

Thankfully the manager of parking DID follow up, and at least fired the guy. Apparently it's a regular scam and it's impossible to track the origin of the gift cards once mailed.

Point is, Cabelas Visa security was Johnny-on-the-spot with this one. Potentially saved me a lot of money and headaches.

28-Dec-13
I also use the Lifelock service. Don't know how well it works, but it makes me feel better .

28-Dec-13
their security caught suspected fraud this year ended up my wife ordering on Amazon LOL

30-Dec-13

preacher's Link
I also have the Cabela's black card and have had no issues. I've had many holds placed on the card due to some online shopping my wife has done. Getting the holds removed is easy.

The fraud protection is automated processing, down to the dialing of your phone. Each transaction is "scored" according to your typical buying habits via neural network "learning" technology.

The link points you to a Visa product that is becoming very popular.

30-Dec-13
"It is my belief that someone in the World's Foremost Bank is selling private customer info to someone on the curruption market. What the World's Foremost Bank has is "a fox in the hen house"."

Highly doubtful. The information is stolen at point of sale terminals at restaurants, merchants, or online payment portals. Did you eat out recently and use your card? Use it at Target? Do any online shopping? A person "stealing the data" from a CC company internall is incredibly difficult. The account number, expiration date, and security code are virtually never stored in the same place. However they are at the places I listed above. It's much easier for the dirty thieves to target areas which are less secure and actually have all of the data stored together than it is to get an "inside man" who can't do much for you anyway.

30-Dec-13
Cabelas is the best cc I've had (knock wood). As noted above, the cops do not investigate, prosecutors do not prosecute, and trolls know this is a zero repercussion crime. No wonder it's endemic.

In Australia instead of a signature (which in my case is "CHECK ID") they have a PIN number that supposedly is much higher security. Meanwhile I always carry two when I travel in case one of them gets hijacked and shut down. At some point we may need to go back to cash (or gold - ha).

30-Dec-13
I have had a Cabelas card since 1995 and its the only card I own. I'm very happy with their service - they have shut my card down as well and like others was glad they did it. They have called me at night asking if I have made specific types of purchases - I thought it was great - glad to know they were watching.

Like Drycreek - I also use Lifelock.

As far as your concern about an insider job...highly unlikely.

30-Dec-13
My card got hit for 7 charges on amazon last week. I didn't make any charges. All the charges were for less than $50.00. I checked on line at my Cabelas card and saw them. I called cabelas and told them about it. I'm waiting for my new card and a fraud papers they said they are sending me to fill out. I called amazon to find out about the charges, they said all the stuff charged was sent to Florida, I live in Pa.. This passed September it also kinda happen to me coming back from my Wyoming elk hunt. I pulling into a gas station on I80 put the card into the pump, but the pump would not start. So went inside and the S*%thead at the counter said my card didn't go through so he ran it through at the counter again and said it should work ok. (I keep a record of all gas bought to split the cost with the other guy I went out with ) When I got my statement I had 2 charges from that f*&kHead.. One for 32.00 for gas and one for I think $24 something. I did get that taken care of.. I wonder how many people traveling across country he dose that too.

30-Dec-13
All the credit card companies are suffering from card theft. Likely hackers have back-door access into pieces of the CC industry and can get the newly released CC info at will and use however they like. There are also "gangs" of hackers out there that buy and sell pools of stolen CC info and some of the numbers work and some don't. It's a huge industry for these crooks.

Don't get too worked up about it. CC theft and fraud is here to stay. Just keep closer tabs on your CC statements and know how to report issues if the CC company doesn't find it first.

30-Dec-13
It likely wasn't an "inside job" at the bank. In fact most of the employees have their personal financial records audited fairly often.

Any place or person you have ever used the card could have been and likely was the thief. Online, restaurant, anywhere. (Restaurants are famous as they often pick up your card and take it out of sight to charge it, easy to copy numbers.) Hackers are getting much better at it as well. Even your personal PC can be commandeered without your knowledge, record your data and send it to the people who made the "trojan horse" program you downloaded unknowingly.

Many if not most times the person who took the number isn't the one who used it. They sell it to people who specialize in this kind of crime. Sometimes whole bundles of accounts at once. Makes it very hard to trace as the ones using it aren't the ones who stole it. Sometimes weeks or even months after it was stolen.

30-Dec-13
Don't store your CC info on user profiles for online purchases. Our CCs have been hacked a few times, but it happened quite often for a while when we stored the CC info on user profiles for different online stores.

My debit card got hacked this fall, and I'm pretty sure it happened at a local burger joint. The fraud detection units for some of these banks are incredible.

09-Dec-17
cabelas credit card has been good and fair to me for 8 years now.

09-Dec-17
It is not the card. It could have been any card. This is the time of year when c.c. fraud really ramps up. We had a lengthy report on local TV about just that. I have had a Cabelas card for maybe 10-years. It was "sniped" or something one time at our local Kroger and VISA caught it immediately. What I am saying is, no need to change type of cards, just get new number. Their service has been nothing but outstanding for me. BTW-ordered a new smoke last Sat. and it came Wed. That is service. ordered my wife a gift from Victoria's Secret two weeks ago, still not even shipped.

09-Dec-17
Cabelas has been very good at picking up fraudulent claims and stopping potentially fraudulent claims on that credit card.

It was actually a problem when I was travelling a lot to other countries and trying to use it. I was able to get things working better by calling them and letting them know which countries and where I expected to be traveling.

Identity theft in foreign countries (Latin America, Asia) is far more prevalent than in the US or Canada.

There are actually gadgets that can read your electronic information off your credit and debit cards in your wallet! We actually bought wallets with protection against that device for travelling.

We actually had a major issue on our bank debit card where they copied the number and emptied our bank accounts. That was a real pain to get straightened out from a foreign country, believe me!

09-Dec-17
Sorry ya went thru this issue with them.

Personally I have had them contact me about any fraudulent charges and re-issue me another card.

I hope my luck with them continues.

Good luck, Robb

09-Dec-17
I had an issue a couple years ago - went to South TX from IL to hunt for a week. Stop at a store well south of San Antonio to get my license, beer, etc and my card is declined. I call Cabelas and ask why it was declined and they tell me someone just tried to use it in South TX to buy beer and a hunting license!! After that incident I always let them know when I am traveling out of state. They also send a text if something fishy pops up and I can reply with a yes or no about the charge.

Lee

09-Dec-17
Yup had a few fraud charges so far and Cabelas handles them well.

09-Dec-17
When you use a credit card this WILL eventually happen in some form or other. It's the price you pay for "convenience".

Welcome to the future.

09-Dec-17
Good advice on letting the company know if you are traveling. There is a device that can "skim" your card from some distance away. That is what happened to me. It was skimmed while I was checking out at Kroger. They tried to buy over $800 worth of weight lifting equipment in Idaho. Card company caught it immediately and notified me.

09-Dec-17
We check our card every day only takes a couple minutes. Last thing you want to have happen during draw time is someone trying to run your tag cost through and having a card declined.........

09-Dec-17
Several years ago my Cabelas CC showed 2 small charges over in Finland. (Border crossing fees.) Cabelas CC was right on it and contacted me pronto to see if I was over there. They immediately shut my card down and issued me a new number. The only places I had that CC # on file at was PP and Ebay. Not saying that was the problem, but I shut down both accounts anyway to be safe. Cabelas CC is top notch in my opinion.

09-Dec-17
I have had fraud/attempted fraud on my Cabelas card at least half a eight times... probably more. Cabelas always catches it and rectifies it. Is it untimely and inconvenient? Yes... but Cabelas Fraud Dept has never let me down.

09-Dec-17
I've had very good expirrences with them... in fact I've learned I need to call them and let them know if I'm traveling out of state otherwise my charges will often be declined... a few years ago I was waiting in the kohls parking lot in my vehicle and my phone rang - it was the security/fraud dept - they asked if I was in Atlanta- nope- they canceled the card on the spot and sent me a new card... sometimes it happens where it's the CC company but about 99% of the time it's the business you bought something from or their credit card processor...

09-Dec-17
I paid my balance off in October and they tacked two late fees on. I had customer service pull up my recorded conversation and they confirmed I did indeed request to pay it off so they removed the $80 in late fees. Took them a week to figure it out.

09-Dec-17
I’ve had 2 issues with cabelas in the last month. Nothing to do with their credit card. Both were internet pricing issues. The second time the product came with 20follars in Cabela’s bucks. When it didn’t arrive with the product I sent them an email and they sent me back an email with a link to their “internet pricing errors aren’t our problem” and told me the cabelas bucks weren’t supposed to be on that product and pound sand. This is after they delivered it and I used it. I lost my mind on some poor lady in customer service. Their CS has gone in the toilet.

09-Dec-17

09-Dec-17
Hmmm. I last dealt with them exactly one week ago. There was a discrepancy between the price listed online and the one the lady had on her computer. No hesitation, gave me the lower price and waived shipping cost for the inconvenience. Never had a bad experience. Now Bass Pro, that is another story. But back to the CC. Amazon/Kindle, for some reason tacked a $10.94 monthly charge on me and I was the one selling books and paying them a percentage. I called VISA, they took care of it in minutes and I never even had to call Amazon where it is impossible to get someone speaking English. I use my CC for some purchases,simply for the Cabela's Club points and the records for my taxes. Pay it in full every month. Never had the first reason to complain about service. It is the only card I have.

09-Dec-17
Hopefully someone already gave you this advice above.....

I WOULDN'T OWN A CC WITHOUT HAVING TEXT ALERTS SETUP ON EACH CARD.

09-Dec-17
Use a cc and not a debit card.

09-Dec-17
Despite this thread being four years old, I'm glad everyone gets good vibes off Cabelas. I don't ! They quit calling me several years ago when I was spending lots of dollars out of state. That might possibly be because of my work, which took me all over East and Central Texas, but I doubt it. Traveling in Texas is not like going to Wyoming, Colorado, Montana, etc. I did get a new card through the NRA last year and it was hacked within weeks. We just cancelled it and went back to the Cabelas as we had never cancelled it. So far, so good with the Cabelas card, as far as hacking goes. But, unfortunately, as Pat said, it's just a matter of time.

09-Dec-17
I’ve had numerous fraud problems with my Black Cabela’s Card thus, I don’t use it any longer!

10-Dec-17
Years and years of using their card w/out issues then about 2 years ago started having a few fraudulent charges resulting in new cards being issued.Suspect it's related to online purchases since I live in the boonies and 'shop' online a lot. Lately they call or 'halt' use only when in Canada.That's fine as long as I remember to call pre-trip.If not can be embarrassing as hell and result in foreign exchange costs.

11-Dec-17
I don't know about the Cabela's card, I cancelled mine a few years ago for other reasons. But I have unfortunately experienced identity theft. Some jackwagons took out 3 online loans in my name. Of course you don't find out about it until those piles of crap default on said loans. Then it all goes on my credit report. Even when you prove it all you still have that follow you.

11-Dec-17
I've had one for years, and, knock wood, it's been great as others have said...

11-Dec-17
I’ve had a black card since they came out. No problems but I notify them if I’m traveling outside my normal routine

11-Dec-17
Well this thread is about 4 yrs old and I'm now on another tear about Cabelas. I have shopped with them for years. Started when they had the "mother store" in Sydney, NE and their products were not "imported." Merchandise quality was much higher in the "good old days."

Fast forward to 2017, and they were bought out by Bass Pro Shop. I have never had to pay state sales tax on items purchased at Cabelas till the buy out deal with Bass Pro was consummated. I have learned that since there is a BPS in my state and if I order an item from Cabelas I not only have to pay S&H (if not special free ordering code applicable) but I have to pay state sales tax.

Cabelas will not mail items with free shipping to the local BPS for in-store delivery. In the words of Rosanna Rosanna Dana, "It's alway something."

11-Dec-17
Was just recently notified on my MC about possible fraud, payments was about $400 in England, had them shut it down asp and it was done. Also had a similar experience with PayPal that was trying to be used, didn't happen but just piss-me-off. I did have a Cabelas and only use it once for a discount and then cut it up, it is not if but when you'll be hacked and the little extra cost for security is worth it.

09-Dec-18
Got a bill statement from Cabelas for $23.97. Problem is i never bought anything. Someone got ahold of my old Cabelas Visa card NUMBER and used it to order 3 Netflix accounts. I got ahold of Capital One, canceled my Visa and new MasterCard they just sent me as well as canceled my account with Cabelas. I never used either card and did not even activate the MasterCard. Just a message to be aware. Criminal must have gotten the number off the Visa card by hacking either Cabelas or Capital One? Anyway Capital One is removing the charge and has canceled both credit cards and the account. Good bye Cabelas.

09-Dec-18
I have a Cabela’s Visa and have for 15 plus years. Never problems but they have called me a couple time when they thoughtthere was a suspicious charge. And they froze it once when I was several states away and charges $1000 plus. I called and they un froze. I have the new BP master card. Won’t activate it. Wondering how long they will keep my cabelas visa alivre.

09-Dec-18
I ordered an $18 item online today and it did not go through. I then get a text from Capital One asking if I just placed an order. I texted back and they allowed the order to go through. I thought that was a bit overkill but at least it should cut down on fraud. I’ve had fraud charges on my Cabelas card at least 2 or 3 times and they were all dropped so that was good service.

09-Dec-18
lucy2199, we just cancelled our Cabelas Visa and had a couple of charges on there that weren't legit. One was for netflix which we've never had. I wonder if this is a "thing" ? The main reason we cancelled is that the only benefit is Cabelas points and their stuff is just higher there than anywhere else. Besides that, their quality has gone downhill IMO.

09-Dec-18
I JUST got a new Cabelas card in the mail the other day. I haven't even activated it yet...….and yet I got an email from one of my subscriptions telling me that their auto renewal program will be charging my subscription to the credit card THAT HASN'T EVEN BEEN ACTIVATED YET.

09-Dec-18
I got a new card from Capital One. Called to activate it. Could not. Fraudulent charges on my old Visa card and had to destroy the new one as well.

10-Dec-18
Same for me Wood. I'm from MN, someone used it at Hooters in TN and left a 170 dollar tip. Brand new Cards had to cut them up, got new ones Friday.

10-Dec-18
Just got a message from credit card company on Sunday. Someone was using my card racked up over $3,000 in charges, but was able to get them all reversed. New card coming. Hate some people.

10-Dec-18
I have had my Cabela's card cancelled at least 4-5 times over the past 10 years. If you use it in a restaurant, or for online purchases - the risk is there. The good thing is that they NEVER made me liable for any charges and handled it perfectly.

I would not blame Cabelas for any fraud - as I said, they are pretty excellent at dealing with it.

10-Dec-18
I've had the same experience as Jack, had a few cards cancelled over the years and they picked up the fraud immediately and notified us. Customer service has been great to deal with. Keeping a close eye on the new card though.

10-Dec-18
Well, add me to the list. I just got a statement from Capitol one for the new Cabela's card that I did not activate. Seems they transferred an automatic withdrawal to the new card. I guess partly my fault as I forgot that I had this "draft" coming from my card but I did not authorize it.

10-Dec-18
From: Castle Oak 10-Dec-18 Well, add me to the list. I just got a statement from Capitol one for the new Cabela's card that I did not activate. Seems they transferred an automatic withdrawal to the new card. I guess partly my fault as I forgot that I had this "draft" coming from my card but I did not authorize it.

***I don't know how they could even do that without your prior authorization. So that I didn't have any problems with this takeover and not giving a rat's butt about Bass Pro Shops when I got the notice that they were going to their Capital One Mastercard and not even giving us a choice I thought BS, not on me with no choice. I saw a couple things I needed on a one day Cabelas sale with free shipping and used all but $10 of my built up free Cabelas bucks. As soon as the stuff came and was okay I moved the two bills that go on the Cabelas Visa card I had for 15 years each month to pay two different businesses and moved those to my Amazon Chase card. Then I called Cabelas and was transferred to their Foremost Bank where I proceeded to close that Cabelas Visa card and I told them in no uncertain terms why and to not send me the Mastercard because I would not activate it and no longer do business with them. I'll bet the guy took 15 minutes to do it and all he kept asking was if I was sure I wanted to close my account, to which I answered affirmatively every time until he said it was closed. Since then it seems that I get at least one email a day from Cabelas for sales, etc., and I just delete them.

• Sitka Gear