Feedjake 30-Aug-17
Dyjack 30-Aug-17
No Mercy 30-Aug-17
Trial153 30-Aug-17
drycreek 30-Aug-17
Crusader dad 31-Aug-17
Crusader dad 31-Aug-17
30-Aug-17
I know this has nothing to do with hunting but I know not everyone visits the community forum so Pat, Charlie, mods please keep this here if you don't mind.

Hurricane Harvey surpassed the wettest rainfall of a storm in US history yesterday and there is still more to come.

You can see on the news that homes, cars, etc. are completely flooded and folks basically only have the shirts on their back in a sense. The homes can be dried out from water damage companies but the furniture, clothing, etc. most likely will no longer be any good.

My question is are there any Bowsiters who have lost everything like this such as clothing, kids needs, that you know that can be donated to help you and your family out?

When shit hits the fan to Bowsiter families we all come together to help each other out whether its in prayer, gifts, phone calls, Pm"s,

I know Michele has several bags she was sending to Goodwill but now we were thinking 25 Ministries but if there is someone here on Bowsite I would rather send it directly to you if that's even feasible?

If you are one of those affected by Harvey please let us know if you need clothing, shoes, etc. and what sizes you need.

I know there are others here who are willing to help in anyway we can.

30-Aug-17
The only reason I ask what sizes you need is because we will be paying for shipping and we can donate the rest.

30-Aug-17

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
This is a pic of my wife's cousins farm just as they were evacuating. It is almost assuredly destroyed by now. Her husband doesn't post on here but he is a lurker.

30-Aug-17
Very nice offer. It might be a while till we hear from some of the worst hit people.

30-Aug-17
One of my very best friends Mark Jones is the sole owner of two water damage companies

1. US FLOOD TEAM

2. Certified Disaster Services. (CDS)

Yesterday I drove to my lease and picked up ,y 10 person bunkhouse camper and delivered it to him.

When he and his employees get there they have no place to stay because all hotels are given to the locals which is completely understandable.

He called asking if I knew of any campers for sale and told me why he needed them. I told him he could have ours and I would just sleep in my dads camper with him.

He laughed and said doesn't your dad snore really bad? I said yes it's terrible but you need something quick and this is the only thing I know of than can hold one of your crews.

Plus it gives me an excuse to buy a nice outfitter tent if the snoring gets to bad! (excuse to start another thread) :0)

Also he put a post on Facebook looking for people who need a job and are willing to work with water damage?

He really likes to hire veterans but he also takes good hard workers as well.

There is nothing he can do until the water starts to recede so I think he is heading to Texas from Cincinnati tomorrow or Friday.

He said they will be down there for about 6 months.

If anyone of you need work or know of someone who needs work and is willing to travel please PM me and I will shoot you his number.

I will say this Mark will not tolerate anyone who is not a strong worker, is late, or a drama queen! LOL

30-Aug-17
Crusader: that is a very sad photo

30-Aug-17
The only reason I posted that one is because JT lurks here and he may post on this thread if he sees his house. He's a huge bow hunter.

My wife's aunt and uncle are in an affluent neighborhood of Houston and have water a foot from the first floor ceiling. They are living on the second floor of the home and have enough supplies for another couple weeks. They also have a generator outside on the deck to power a small refrigerator and charge their phones. They are refusing to leave and were able to get a good majority of their valuables upstairs with them.

30-Aug-17
My sister is the director of a school in Katy, Tx. Today is the first day she has been able to get out of her subdivision because of flooding, she is headed to the school to cook for the people cleaning the school. Several of her teachers have lost everything when they opened the reservoirs. As of this morning they have not been able to reach all of the students as of yet. I have asked what can be done and all she says is prayers for now. Until the water goes down some more where everything can be assessed all they are asking for is prayers. When they open the interstate coming from Louisiana I plan on bringing a trailer load of water and essentials. Hopefully that will be in the next day.

30-Aug-17
Should start a Bowsite disaster relief fund on this site to show us hunters care. Good thing your doing Kelly.

30-Aug-17
I just got down here to Houston last night with my SAR team and boats. Houston is pretty much done with the damage it seems because the rain quit early and the levees didn't break but now we are heading east to where the rain is currently making more of a mess.

30-Aug-17
My parents lost their house. Really unfortunate.

30-Aug-17
This breaks my heart. I have friends from Louisiana there helping with their boats right now. It's great to see how the country can come together, despite everything the crappy media reports to us. Good on y'all for the help. I'm sure I can round up some arrows, and other equipment too. I'll keep watching this post.

30-Aug-17

Trial153's Link

30-Aug-17
I have a few friends that worked in and around Houston, that lived in travel trailers when they were working. One doesn't know yet if his trailer flooded, but hopefully not.

Another lives in The Woodlands and last time I talked to him they were ok. I offered them my house on my other place, but they wanted to stay and try to defend their house from damage, and I don't blame them for that.

TexasBowhunter is attempting to start some kind of relief fund that I expect will get up and running in the next couple days. To add to that, many members have headed that way with boats, trailers loaded with water, generators, and other supplies. I donated to the Red Cross this morning but will donate again when TBH gets their effort underway. It's said that 80% of the affected don't have flood insurance, so these folks are gonna be hurting for awhile. Some lives will be changed forever I'm sure. Aside from $, all I can do for these folks is pray, which I do. And thank God I don't live any closer to the coast.

31-Aug-17

Here is an updated photo of my wife's cousins house. They lost everything again for the second time in two years. They just finished rebuilding after last years flood. They will be in need of everything from clothes to food for the cattle and even gift cards to places like Home Depot. Her name is Patricia Ledger and she has a Facebook page if you want to see the kind of family you'd be helping if you so choose. They live in Sealy TX. This is one way you can help a deserving family and know where your donation is going. If you're interested in helping this family please send me a pm and I'll put you in touch with patty's husband Jason. I'm not sure what the forum rules are on soliciting so I understand if this post gets removed.

Thank you, Shane H. (WI)

31-Aug-17

• Sitka Gear