huntinelk 01-Sep-17
Rut Nut 01-Sep-17
Rut Nut 01-Sep-17
Rut Nut 01-Sep-17
Rut Nut 01-Sep-17
pa10point 01-Sep-17
Rut Nut 02-Sep-17
01-Sep-17
Just curious................................................ How many states still require you to apply separately by mail for antlerless tags? In PA we have the automated licensing system where you can go to any retailer that sells hunting licenses and buy your general license over the counter. (or buy it ONLINE directly from the Pa Game Commission)

BUT............................if you want an antlerless deer license you have to wait for certain dates to apply by mail(even local residents) to the county treasurer who issues these tags. You CANNOT apply for these tags thru the automated licensing system.

Just wondered If there were any other states still in the dark ages like PA, or are we the only one?! ;-)

01-Sep-17
No anterless deer tags in AZ, so quit griping and consider yourself lucky.

Terry

01-Sep-17
That's a pretty antiquated system rut nut by any measure.

01-Sep-17
Tell me about it Brotsky! : (

And did I mention............................................you have to pay by CHECK and wait til you see the special envelopes you have to fill out, stamp(2) and send in! ;-)

01-Sep-17
I like Nebraska turkey. Shoot one, pull the phone out, buy another tag and keep hunting.

01-Sep-17
In CT, we get four (4) tags with our archery lic. 2 either sex and 2 antlerless. We check them in online or by phone. But, in zones 11-12, they get checked in at a check station and receive a new anterless tag at no cost.......unlimited. I think 3 antlerless and earn a buck.

01-Sep-17
In Vermont, archery tags (either sex, 2 tags, only 1 can be a buck) are over the counter. Muzzleloader antlerless tags are lottery.

01-Sep-17
Then after you go though all that to get the tag, you can't even shoot the doe on a Sunday.....another whole can o worms....

01-Sep-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Here are the infamous PINK ENVELOPES

You can only get them where licenses are sold or from the PGC. Many places frown on giving out more than 2 with your license if you ask, and I have actually been refused Once!

You have to remember to put your address on the outside AND the inside, since the envelope becomes the return envelope once the County Treasurer puts your tag in it. Also have to remember to put 2 stamps on it- one on inside AND one on outside.

01-Sep-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Inside

Oh, and you can only put 3 applications(one for each tag) in each envelope

01-Sep-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
You have to fill out one of these applications for EACH tag

01-Sep-17

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Then you have to wait til the proper date to send them in. Only 1 application can be sent in for the first round.

01-Sep-17
Then after all of that you have to hope some lazy ass at the treasurers office decides to process your application before they are sold out. Then treasurer office gets to keep 1 dollar for each license they process. Amounts to over 600 thousand dollars a year that could go into the game fund for maintaining game lands law enforcement buying more game lands. D ont know where that money goes now but l think vacations or bonuses for treasury workers because they fight tooth and nail to keep their hands in something they don't belong

02-Sep-17
Amen 10pt!

And you gotta hope your county treasurer has the manpower to do it. Think it was 2 yrs ago Luzerne co. Let the applications collect dust for weeks. Worst part was nobody knew til it was too late. By then all the limited units were sold out. They claimed they didn't have the manpower to process them, but just let them sit there instead of sending them to another county to be processed! Lots of ticked off Hunter's! I'm surprised they get ANY applications after that fiasco!

• Sitka Gear