chasintheslam 03-Sep-17
Buffalo1 03-Sep-17
CurveBow 03-Sep-17
manitou1 04-Sep-17
APauls 05-Sep-17
03-Sep-17

chasintheslam's embedded Photo
chasintheslam's embedded Photo
Wanting to hear some thoughts on hanging a bow like this. Would look cool in the man cave plus keep my kid that's on the way off my bow that I normally just lean in the corner.

03-Sep-17
Wanting to hear some thoughts on hanging a bow like this. Would look cool in the man cave plus keep my kid that's on the way off my bow that I normally just lean in the corner.

03-Sep-17

03-Sep-17
Good idea. The bow will probably be in that hung position a little more than you would like. ;^) I know with modern materials it's probably okay, but I would still rather not hang it for a longer period of time by the string. I often carry it that way though when I am doing a lot of foot travel hunting the West.

03-Sep-17
Put a couple Dow rods thru the holes in riser just like it is.

03-Sep-17

03-Sep-17
I would never put any unnecessary stress on a bow string. I would always hang bow by riser. JMHO

03-Sep-17
I think it would be A-OK. I always hang my recurves by the string in this fashion. Prevents limb twisting. Not an issue with a compound, but as long as the metal prongs it sits on aren't sharp, hang away!

04-Sep-17
I've been haging bows by the strigs for 30 years, recurve and compound. Never saw a sign of any damage. I always use wood dowels when making bow racks though.

05-Sep-17
Just think for a minute how much stress is on a compound string day and night regardless of if it is hanging or not. 4 lbs isn't going to be a problem. Looks good.

• Sitka Gear