midwest 05-Sep-17
Rut Nut 05-Sep-17
Z Barebow 05-Sep-17
Tonybear61 05-Sep-17
DL 05-Sep-17
Inshart 06-Sep-17
03-Sep-17

Tonybear61's Link
OK folks some of you may have heard about the new trend for wellness and mental health. Forest bathing. Yep seems there are PhDs promoting time in the woods to make people more healthy.

I think just about every bowhunter should get a adjuvant professor status with this. My wife and kids always tell me I am a new man after a hunting trip, while camping fishing and hiking. I think there are a few sporting goods stores that sell products for spending time in the woods too!! I heard it on NPR its new age, cutting edge stuff from Japan....

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/07/17/536676954/forest-bathing-a-retreat-to-nature-can-boost-immunity-and-mood

03-Sep-17
Almost makes you jealous that someone figured out how to market something that this community already knows. Glad to hear anything that shows folks getting outside and kudos to those that have figured out how to facilitate it.

03-Sep-17
all we need are the safe space attenders and the chardonnay sippers walking around in the woods trying to find themselves.

04-Sep-17
I thought the link was going to be so much better!

04-Sep-17
And these trips are not cheap. My daughter is thinking about going to one. You stay in a wall tent with really nice beds...no electricity...no TV...no phone...you do yoga, massage and meditation. They have nutritionists...Doctors...whole ball of wax. Costs about as much as a cheaper Elk hunt.

04-Sep-17
Ha!....you listen to NPR.

04-Sep-17
Forest bathing....you really need to drop acid to get the full affect.

04-Sep-17
Yeah...now I'm picturing Woodstock!

04-Sep-17
I have been bathing in the forest for years.It is best in a warm stream.

04-Sep-17
Yup breaking the ice to do it really sucks but will definitely give you a boost !

04-Sep-17

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
I "lived" in a tent in Colorado Mountains for SIX months & 6 weeks of that I never saw another human. Moved my camp 3 times due to snow, started at 10,500 & packed up 15 Nov. at 9000 & came home. 6 weeks in the boundary waters of Mn,, Canada in a tent & plenty of Bears. Many 7 & 10 day tent bowhunts too. Maybe I can get a job with these outfits.

04-Sep-17
ahunter.... I've read many of your threads and have enjoyed them all. Always a positive attitude and a great ambassador for our sport!

Shoot straight and "keep on, keepin' on".

04-Sep-17
Ahhh man....

I thought this was gonna be baby wipes and manscaping.......

04-Sep-17
Be careful if you drop your soap. Remember that guy said he got raped by Bigfoot?

04-Sep-17
Thank god... I just knew this was going to be about Forest bows, bathing in a cattle trough.

05-Sep-17
Just hope that they don't add a forest bathing tax to our tags now after they read this......

05-Sep-17
Embry...LMAO!

05-Sep-17
I couldn't get past the 3rd paragraph!

"I met certified Forest Therapy guide Melanie Choukas-Bradley and several other women who'd come along for the adventure at the footbridge to Theodore Roosevelt Island, a dense jungle of an urban forest along the Potomac River in Washington, D.C."

So now there is a certification for FOREST THERAPY GUIDE? And they consider the "forest" an overgrown island in the Potomac river in D.C.???!!! Now I have heard it all! ;-)

05-Sep-17
I prefer the old fashioned way, like my forefathers did. Grab a weapon and head to the woods. I might get in trouble if I did that on TR Island.

05-Sep-17
So now there is a certification for FOREST THERAPY GUIDE?

Yeah that's the part that made me spit up my soda first time I heard it on NPR while driving..

05-Sep-17
They have certifications for everything

I saw one that was a Certified Interprative Guide

Sounds like a certificate to make crap up as you see fit

I ran into a federal young guy once that said it was a bad idea to pick up shed antlers because as they decay they add minerals back into the soil to grow grass for the animals to eat. I guess they would decay provided every rodent and coyote were killed off. The only place I've found decayed antlers was out in the high desert. They were probably 5-10 years old.

06-Sep-17
OMG a bunch of nut cases who have come up with another way to "cleans" their souls.

So lets put them all in a wilderness area where we "out of stater's" can't hunt and let them wonder around aimlessly with a bottle of water.

I'm picturing something like Woodstock, only out in the woods, all holding hands walking in circles smoking dope, sucking on shrooms, or popping LSD.

About all you can do is shake your head and smile. WTF is next.

• Sitka Gear