kadbow 09-Sep-17
08-Sep-17

Hawkarcher's embedded Photo
For scale a deer by same tree.
For scale a deer by same tree.
9/7/17 south central Iowa. Not a good pic but looks like a big bobcat or could it be a lion? Don't see a tail.

08-Sep-17
Looks like a fawn with it's head down to me?

08-Sep-17
I agree with Brotsky. Looks like a dee facing the right with its head down.

08-Sep-17
I see it now. Darn. One of these days I'll see a lion.

08-Sep-17
Belly line looks kinda wrong for a deer... Sags all the way down to the knee. Also hard for me to picture a deer extending the off foreleg like that while craning its head around back on the same side, but maybe it was trying to groom off a tick behind that off shoulder?

And of course part of me would expect to see a tail if it were a lion.

When are you guys gonna start putting reflective tacks on the trees at 6" intervals like those height charts they put on the door frame at the quickie-mart?

08-Sep-17
top picture looks like a collared lion big sway in the belly big front legs not a bobby IMO MikeC

08-Sep-17
I agree with collared. A collard golden retriever? although the feet look hairy like a bobcat or lion, I'm going with lion.

oz

08-Sep-17
Lion with a collar...that's what i'd put my money on....but i am wrong a lot. Shure looks like a lions body shape and forelegs.

08-Sep-17
Deer. Head to right and down. Tail is what appears to be the collar on the suggested lion

08-Sep-17
Looks like the same deer in as in the second picture just a different day and time. Shawn

08-Sep-17
I say it's a collared dog facing left. Hips are on the right. But if it were Texas, it would be a chupacabra ! :-)

08-Sep-17
Collared dog facing left.

08-Sep-17
Look at the back legs (on the left). Pretty obvious by the angle of the joints that it is a deer facing right. The "Collar" is the tail.

08-Sep-17
Has a collar on, young lion.

08-Sep-17
Definitely a deer.

08-Sep-17
I'll be damned. Like so many optical illusions, as soon as I figured out which end is which, I could no longer see the false image...

That's definitely a deer, crossing left to right. Pretty sure I can even see the head.

Just AMAZING to me how somebody can plant a seed and then you can be absolutely convinced that you're seeing something that's just NOT THERE. I was totally fooled about which end was which....

08-Sep-17
Deer facing right once I zoomed it up. Does look like a collared lion at first glance.

09-Sep-17
Deer

09-Sep-17
Neither. For sure not a member of the feline fambly. My guess is a young, cervidae.

09-Sep-17
Wow, it does now look like a deer left to right. The white of the tail looks like a collar.

09-Sep-17
Wow, it does now look like a deer left to right. The white of the tail looks like a collar.

09-Sep-17

mikewood's embedded Photo
mikewood's embedded Photo
Not a cat, or any animal with a collar. I say deer. Here is a bobcat on my place for body shape comparison.

09-Sep-17
Deer facing right. Just look at the legs on left . You can clearly see knee and ankle joints and the thin skinned area adjacent to the large tendon (think where you would hang it from). Her exposed tail edge just appears like a collar.

09-Sep-17
Based on the second pic it is a deer facing right.

• Sitka Gear