Charlie Rehor 13-Sep-17
LBshooter 13-Sep-17
LBshooter 13-Sep-17
The last savage 13-Sep-17
The last savage 13-Sep-17
Rut Nut 14-Sep-17
KSBOW 14-Sep-17
13-Sep-17
So last night I took my 12 year old daughter hunting got her sit up and was in a portable getting ready to tighten her harness when cables on my platform broke. I was not wearing a harness (bad example) fell roughly twenty feet. Was extremely lucky I fractured one rib from the fall but all other indications are that I am okay. Suffering through rib pain and not shooting my bow for six weeks will be goo remainder of how dumb I am. It only takes a second guys, I am one who said it wouldn't happen to me. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE AND WEAR HARNESS!!!

13-Sep-17
Glad to hear you're okay, scary situation especially with the daughter there. I hope recovery goes well and you're able to get back out there before too long.

13-Sep-17
Wow, sorry to hear that! A hard lesson learned, but I am very happy you going to be ok. This could have been life ending!

God Bless,

Scar.

13-Sep-17
Thank goodness you weren't injured worse. Get well !

13-Sep-17
Glad your OK. Bet it scared the crap out you. Always check replace or double up those cables ! Your daughter must have benn incredibly scared. Hope shes not fearful now. Need her hunting!

13-Sep-17
Must have scared your daughter a bunch. Glad your good to go.

13-Sep-17
Glad your ok, and yes you were really , really dumb and lucky. What would your daughter have done had you not been so lucky?

October 7 will be the fifth anniversary of my buddy falling to his death because he was a knuckle head and wouldn't wear a harness. He was dead before he hit the ground, snapped his neck on the way down. Leaving two little girls and a wife behind because he thought nothing would happen, foolish way to think.

Wear your safety rigs, not for you but for the one you'll leave behind to suffer or the ones who might have to care for you for life.

13-Sep-17
Glad your ok, and yes you were really , really dumb and lucky. What would your daughter have done had you not been so lucky?

October 7 will be the fifth anniversary of my buddy falling to his death because he was a knuckle head and wouldn't wear a harness. He was dead before he hit the ground, snapped his neck on the way down. Leaving two little girls and a wife behind because he thought nothing would happen, foolish way to think.

Wear your safety rigs, not for you but for the one you'll leave behind to suffer or the ones who might have to care for you for life.

13-Sep-17
Glad you are mostly fine. Thank you for sharing.

13-Sep-17
Today I

13-Sep-17
Today I spent 28 bucks at tractor supply...20 lf of 3\16 poly coated galvanized cable,and 4 cable clamps..450 lb rated..will last me....or anyone a lifetime,,,took 45 min to replace both,,,,just a thought..

14-Sep-17
WOW! The good Lord was watching out for you and your daughter! The only thing worse than falling 20 ft to your death is ........................................falling 20 ft to your death right in front of your daughter!!!!!!! Not trying to make you feel any worse than you already do, but can you imagine what that experience would have been for her watching you fall to your death and take your last breaths and then feeling utterly alone and totally helpless?????????? I just shudder at the thought! Hope the guys that STILL think this won't happen to them, read this and see the light!

14-Sep-17
I am extremely lucky and realize that someone was watching over me. Was very worried on the effect it was going to have on my daughter. First thing following morning I got up and apologized for stupid example I was too her, hope this was a good lesson to her. When we were done talking about that I said you think you will ever want to get up in a tree again with dad, she smiled and said how about this weekend with our harness on dad!

• Sitka Gear