kota-man 16-Sep-17
jims 16-Sep-17
jstephens61 17-Sep-17
Ermine 17-Sep-17
Trial153 17-Sep-17
Charlie Rehor 17-Sep-17
Trial153 17-Sep-17
16-Sep-17
I have a bunch of Sitka Elevated 2 clothes (WI treestand hunter). I am going on my first spot and stalk mule deer hunt in western South Dakota the first week of October. I am looking at getting some new pieces and was wondering your thoughts on pattern? Do I go with Sub Alpine and double as an early WI spring turkey camo, do I go Open Country (how would that be during early WI spring turkey) or simply stay with Elevated 2 (camo doesn't matter)?

Thanks all

16-Sep-17
From my experience, open country. Though I was there in November.

16-Sep-17
It my opinion living and hunting in Montana I would recommend the open country. All of their patterns a good but I prefer Open. I have the whitetail or elivated as well but it has some white in it. Save your money and wear what you have. Or do the Fred Bear thing, sit still and be quite

16-Sep-17
"All Sitka, all the time". IMO The Elevated 11 is the most versatile of all Sitka patterns across North America but the Sub-Alpine is very neat and I will be using it early whitie as well. Open Country also works well for whities in late season. I guess it's "all Sitka, all the time:) Buy what you like!!

Bottom line get more:)

16-Sep-17
Buy whichever pattern you like. It matters to you more than the animals. Yes, each Sitka pattern was designed for a specific use, but that doesn't mean they won't cross over and work well in almost every condition. I use all three patterns and like Charlie says the EVII is probably the most versatile even though it was designed for tree stand hunting. The Open Country works great in ..."Open Country" and I can't imagine a better pattern for an Elk hunter than Sub Alpine. Buy what you like and be confidant whatever you choose will work.

16-Sep-17
I have a variety to choose from. I usually set them out in the vegetation where I'll be hunting and pick the ones that blend in the best. The same area in August may take an entirely different pattern/colors than the exact same location in October. I also make a point of choosing a different pattern/colors on my tops vs bottoms. Definitely helps break up the human outline!

17-Sep-17
Most of my Sitka is Open Country, but I picked up the Thunderhead jacket in Subalpine and really like it. As I add, it will be Subalpine. I think and will work, it's more personal preference.

17-Sep-17
I really like open country and subalpine is awesome too. Both work very well

17-Sep-17
Wish Sitka would do more solid items. I like them better then anything else

17-Sep-17
Trial153: Did you get the Ascent Pants in the new Solid Color Pyrite? Doe magnet:)

17-Sep-17
Charlie I sure did, they are a little fitted and my wife says my ass looks good in them lol!!

• Sitka Gear