Ladder Stand- simple and cost effective?
General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
Hunt98 08-Oct-17
hawkeye in PA 08-Oct-17
LBshooter 08-Oct-17
Buffalo1 08-Oct-17
Tracker 08-Oct-17
Deerplotter 08-Oct-17
Hunt98 08-Oct-17
snapcrackpop 09-Oct-17
TwoDogs@work 09-Oct-17
Deerplotter 09-Oct-17
XMan 09-Oct-17
The Famous Grouse 09-Oct-17
fisherick 09-Oct-17
08-Oct-17

Hunt98's embedded Photo
Hunt98's embedded Photo
One property that I hunt has 8 hunted on it with a mix of family, friends, etc... we want to go exclusively to lander stands with the bigger platform that goes all the way underneath the seat. These will be left out year round. I'm looking for a ladder stand that is simple and low maintenance metal mesh flip up seat (non fabric seat). I saw one close on the Sportsman Guide that is close but the seat has cross bars and not the metal mess seat.

Do you know of a ladderstand with a metal mesh flip up seat with the bigger platform that won't break the bank?

08-Oct-17
Can't help on the stand. But leaving them out year around can cause freeze cracks in the legs. My practice stand in the yard did this after enough dirt made a plug in the bottom of the legs. Inspect them good before using them the following year.

08-Oct-17
Try filling the legs in with that spray foam, helps with noise too.

08-Oct-17

Buffalo1's Link
If you buy a cheap item then do the online customer satisfaction survey you can get a $10 of coupon for purchases of $50 or more. Good way to get a stand for $10 less. This stand is currently on sale for $79, less $10 coupon= $69.

Buy a couple items separately and get the sales receipts to take the survey, then buy the stands on separate purchase to get each for $10 less.

I did this the other day on the purchase of 2 stands. Saved $20 total.

08-Oct-17
The Field and Stream Outpost XL(Dicks) are great stands. Cover all the joints and screws with electrical tape. It will keep down of the corrosion.

08-Oct-17
I can help with part of your request. The Rivers Edge Bowmans Ladder Stand is 19' and has a very comfortable mesh flip up seat. I know you asked for metal but I can tell you I have had two of these stands out year round going on year three and the seats are still in great shape. I tip them up when not in use and wasn't certain how they would last. Happy with the results. Great sturdy ladder with handrails and super comfy seat.

08-Oct-17
Buff- I like the price (and your tip). I see the seat folds up. I can't tell if it is a steel mess seat from the pictures.

Do you know if it is a steel mesh seat?

09-Oct-17
If you zoom it it looks like the seat is metal

09-Oct-17
I bought two from Dick's on Saturday for $75.00 each. They are the Field And Stream Outlook Deluxe. I have several of them and am very happy with them.

09-Oct-17
I can help with part of your request. The Rivers Edge Bowmans Ladder Stand is 19' and has a very comfortable mesh flip up seat. I know you asked for metal but I can tell you I have had two of these stands out year round going on year three and the seats are still in great shape. I tip them up when not in use and wasn't certain how they would last. Happy with the results. Great sturdy ladder with handrails and super comfy seat.

09-Oct-17
Hunt, I have a few of those dicks ladder stands, they are quiet and easy to setup. Only negative on them is they are very short, 14 feet to the platform. They say 17 feet in the ads, but that is deceiving because its measured to the shooting rail. I wish they were 3 feet higher, not a bad stand for the money.

09-Oct-17
Just wondering why do you need/wanbt a flip up seat in a ladder stand?

I thought the reason the hang on stands had flip up seats is because the dang platforms are so small that it would be unsafe to stand without flipping the seat up to create more space.

Not needed in the ladder stands I have. The advantage of these big heavy stands is at least you get a decent amount of room. I buy the "2 man" stands so I can move around and even turn to shoot behind the tree if needed.

Grouse

09-Oct-17
I like stands with flip up seats, as when you are standing, you are against tree and are a lower profile to approaching deer. Besides I hate sitting all day.

• Sitka Gear