Nctrapper 01-Nov-17
bou'n08 03-Nov-17
Rockbass 03-Nov-17
MNpurple 03-Nov-17
t-roy 04-Nov-17
Buyse 04-Nov-17
Ron Niziolek 04-Nov-17
01-Nov-17
My taxidermist will be finishing up my pedestal whitetail mount soon and I'm looking for some ideas/pics or plans for the base. I really like the look of old barn wood but have tossed around the idea of using a old cedar post.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Brett Thomas

01-Nov-17
Roostin ridge makes some nice pedistals. You can choose from several types of styles and wood, even barn wood.

01-Nov-17

sdantlers's embedded Photo
sdantlers's embedded Photo
Did this for my Bighorn. Would work for a deer.

01-Nov-17

TXHunter's embedded Photo
TXHunter's embedded Photo
I went with both a barnwood pedestal and a fence post.

01-Nov-17
Possibly do a google search and you will find gobs of photos. You may also get some great ideas by looking on taxidermy supply websites. Also take a look at photos on taxidermists websites. Lots of options out there! Taxidermy.net is a great website as well.

01-Nov-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Here’s one I did a couple of years ago that I really enjoyed doing. You can’t fully see the base in this pick, but I did a thread about putting it together. See “Finished my pedestal mount” thread for better pics.

01-Nov-17
T-roy - I looked up the thread but apparently the pictures were lost during the Photobucket chaos. You wouldn't happen to still have the pictures would u?

03-Nov-17

bou'n08's embedded Photo
bou'n08's embedded Photo

03-Nov-17
Check out Taxidermy.Net

Chad Kilpatrick goes by the handle "Kilwood" He has made me a few things including a custom bathroom vanity out of black walnut. He is reasonably priced and does real nice work with all types of wood.

Good luck

03-Nov-17

MNpurple's embedded Photo
MNpurple's embedded Photo
Barn wood base, with an old cedar fence post that had a little barbed wire on it. There was also a little bit of prairie grass added.

04-Nov-17
Sorry, I don’t, but I’ll try to snap a couple when can and post them when I can.

04-Nov-17
Dang purple. Is that your buck? Wow!

04-Nov-17

Ron Niziolek's embedded Photo
Barnwood Pedestal
Ron Niziolek's embedded Photo
Barnwood Pedestal

• Sitka Gear