Sage Buffalo 07-Nov-17
Missouribreaks 07-Nov-17
tradmt 07-Nov-17
Missouribreaks 07-Nov-17
tradmt 07-Nov-17
05-Nov-17

Missouribreaks's Link

05-Nov-17
Huffington post. It’s amazing the bs that comes out of there. Drives me crazy that yahoo picks up that BS.

05-Nov-17
Is it true? If it is, it is not BS.

05-Nov-17
Can’t use ar 15 though

05-Nov-17
I imagine the bs call is for the toddlers carrying guns imagery. Nothing wrong with allowing parents to decide when their child is ready to hunt.

05-Nov-17
No age minimum in Texas. Never has been.

05-Nov-17
It’s a BS headline that’s put to create shock and awe from one of the worst publications out there. If you can’t see that I’m sorry...smh

05-Nov-17
I can see it, but it should be absolutely no surprise to the hunting community that this was coming.

05-Nov-17
I honestly do not understand why some folks are in such a freakin’ hurry to get their kids out there killing something. They get to be little kids for less than a dozen years; let them have that time to be exactly what they are.

Strikes me as Little League Father Syndrome taken to a whole new level.

If you love it and are willing to share it with them, they’ll love it, too. All they want is some 1:1 time with an adult who loves them.

05-Nov-17
"They get to be little kids for less than a dozen years; let them have that time to be exactly what they are."

I honestly don't ever remember when I first shot a gun or a bow for that matter. I wore out a bb gun by the time I was 7 or 8 years old shooting frogs and grasshoppers and paper. Ordered my first .22 rifle from Sears Roebuck by mail when I was 7 (right about the time mail ordering firearms was outlawed). By the age of 8, I was tromping all over the place squirrel hunting by myself. Deer hunting alone came later mainly because there weren't very many deer around then, but I borrowed a rifle to deer hunt with by 11 or 12. Those were my little kid years and none of us around thought anything odd about it at all.

05-Nov-17
We need more laws because parents aren't capable of making these kinds of decisions on their own. Thank God we have gov't to tell us what to do.

05-Nov-17
What a sad commentary on the state of affairs in today’s world when a man posting on a hunting forum thinks hunting is somehow not “letting a kid be a kid”.

05-Nov-17

Dirtman's embedded Photo
Dirtman's embedded Photo
Take your kid hunting so don’t have hunt for kid! There’s so many life lessons to be learned! A parent is the best judge as long as they have good judgment... But there’s so much than pulling the trigger! Tonight my kids were more excited for grilled heart and tongue tacos than horns.... I know I raised them right.

06-Nov-17
Kids should be able to act like kids. They should explore, hunt, and fish whenever they are ready.

I'm glad to still be a kid.

06-Nov-17
Awesome Dirtman!!!

Here in NM if you pass hunter's safety you can hunt. Daughter passed and started hunting at 9 and it was the BEST thing we ever did!

06-Nov-17
I cant believe currently in Wisconsin a kid has to be 10 before they can hunt. My son got his first deer when he barely was 6 (rifle). He's been a deer nut ever since. I'll never forget that day and I don't think he will either.

06-Nov-17
Agree 100% with GF. Used to have to break up fist fights at little league games between the dads. Same syndrome. My wife sold a hunting license where she works to a mother who was bragging on her 5 year old who had shot a deer last year. Total BS.

06-Nov-17
Unfortunately it is not about what we as hunters think. The non hunting voter holds our future. It is easy to predict what they will think about toddlers hunting, and it will not be good.....

06-Nov-17
There are no “toddlers” hunting. Sheesh.

06-Nov-17
I agree, but unfortunately that toddler door is already opened by the liberal fake news. It could however have been avoided, we as hunters were not smart enough to let sleeping dogs rest.

06-Nov-17
I don't know why the kid has to be pulling the trigger to be a part of the hunt?

If the kids aren't getting into hunting, it's not because they cant get a license, it's because nobody is taking them.

06-Nov-17

Missouribreaks's Link

06-Nov-17
Unfortunately kids always make good news fodder, especially with weapons.

06-Nov-17
Anyone reading Huffington post is already so far gone it doesn't matter.

06-Nov-17
Unfortunately it was on Yahoo news, front page. Yahoo is not much better.

06-Nov-17

06-Nov-17
I seen a video that had a kid in a blind that could barely talk with his dad aiming a crossbow for him shooting a deer.all the kid did was pull the trigger.then he barely got the kid to say I love bow hunting.way fake.

06-Nov-17
They do the same with gun vises, parental ego.

06-Nov-17
I saw a video the other day of a friends 4 year old who got his first "bow kill" with a crossbow. The kid could barely form sentences. It's getting out of hand.

06-Nov-17

07-Nov-17
I agree it can get out of hand and cringe at some of the things I see (vise rests, kids obviously being pushed for Dad’s ego, etc).

One of my pet peeves is Dads putting in their kids and wives for sheep tags - most of the time it’s obvious the guys are just vicariously hunting through their families. The actual shooter often has no real passion for it.

That all said, not everything requires a law. You can’t legislate everything.

07-Nov-17
What are some of you guys talking about - this is pretty much the entire south. No age limits as long as you are with an adult. My kids have hunted with me since babies and all took their first deer before 10.

WI is just catching up with the rest of the hunting world.

07-Nov-17
The point is, the liberal media is just catching on to the idea of young hunters. Their distortion will not be good for hunting, or existing laws and lack of laws.

07-Nov-17
The liberal media is a sinking ship few put any stock in these days. I see no issue with parents having the final say of when their child is ready and I seriously doubt many will be toting rifles as toddlers!

07-Nov-17
Unfortunately liberals have a good record in the popular vote, they are always going to be a factor in the hunter beloved, "ballot box game management".

07-Nov-17
The dead only vote in presidential elections.

• Sitka Gear