Woods Walker 15-Dec-17
wildwilderness 16-Dec-17
MoBowhunter 16-Dec-17
Woods Walker 16-Dec-17
craig@work 16-Dec-17
tobinsghost 16-Dec-17
LKH 16-Dec-17
15-Dec-17
Hey guys. I have built a brush blind in a cedar tree and was trying to find some good camo to use along with it. All of mine has a lot of light brown and is more suited for the fall hardwoods. I have looked online and haven't really found anything that I like. Does anybody make a good pattern that incorporates a lot cedar/pine needles with some dark patches to mimic the shadows?

15-Dec-17
green wool

15-Dec-17
Predator deception spring green.

15-Dec-17
Old military Woodland camo.

15-Dec-17
Black, think about.

15-Dec-17
I have some I've used with good success, I'll dig it out.

15-Dec-17
Be still

15-Dec-17
Cedars are easy. Pretty much anything. But you have to love predator green in anything green.

I also don't buy the whole bit about "deer don't see green, so green camo is dumb." Well maybe they don't and maybe they do, I've never been able to look through the eyes of a deer, but if they don't see green, whatever green looks like to them is the same that green camo will look to them. So it matches. The beauty of cedars is you can cover yourself up and there are so many shadows which trumps everything for concealment.

15-Dec-17
Oh, they see green alright. Just not as green. Same as they see blaze orange, just not as orange. If I were hunting I cedars, as I quite often do, I would wear ASAT. BTW- If you Google it, there is quite a bit of information on deer vision. probably 90% of hunters won't believe it but it is there. Here is a simple way to think about it. If an animals eyes glow at night in the head lights, it is more or less color blind in that in cannot see colors the way we do. Here is another. If the male of the species, (as in many birds), displays colorful plumage, then that animal sees in color. Pretty simple when you think about it.

15-Dec-17
Predator green for me

15-Dec-17
I agree with Fisherick, Woodland camo and cheap to purchase at any army surplus store

15-Dec-17
Look at True Timber camo

15-Dec-17
X2 Bowriter, ASAT is the king.

15-Dec-17
Sitka original elevated pattern. Wasn't there another thread about it being too green? Maybe you guys could work out a trade...

15-Dec-17
Don't shine, stink, move or make noise and it won't matter.

16-Dec-17
Black in blinds

16-Dec-17
A new one I am coming out with. I call it "Mossy Cedar".

16-Dec-17
.....and you should make it in "early fall" and "late fall/winter" color options.

16-Dec-17
I wear cabelas outfitter camo and it blends well in my cedars. Mostly gray with greens mixed in. Second choice is Asat.

16-Dec-17
Doesn't matter as long as you read Woods Walkers comment. I love hunting out of cedars because I don't get busted even when I do just move to get ready for a shot. I've worn all kinds of camo color, even grey and all was well.

16-Dec-17
green, brown, all the same to the deer

• Sitka Gear