DanWesson357 26-Dec-17
Fuzzy 27-Dec-17
rattles33 27-Dec-17
Lost Arra 27-Dec-17
Knight Archer 30-Dec-17
24-Dec-17

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Merry Christmas - trying this recipe on for size to be grilled later today.

Beat your meat (cubed venison). Cut into strips. I used a pack of cutlets. Season with Greek seasoning. Marinate in Italian dressing overnight. Wrap the pepper inside, wrap the exterior with bacon. To be grilled later - first time trying this one. Mako says “Merry Christmas and can u please flip me some raw meat”

24-Dec-17
Elk roast in Colorado for Christmas dinner!

24-Dec-17
I had it Christmas Eve Eve.

24-Dec-17
I've been nibbling venison jerky all day. Got to go check the last rack on the dehydrator.

24-Dec-17
Venison and Pheasant for Christmas.

24-Dec-17
Jack, Christmas day dinner for 6. Wt back straps, grilled, seasoned, rapped in bacon as the main dish.

For the first dish appetizer, shishakabob duck breast ie, marinate the split duck breast (use tenderizer hammer to break down the meat some) in Paul Newman's Italian dressing over night. ,hang one end of meat, add to the stick from both ends, small piece of jalapeno, pepper, union, cherry tomato, . Tack the other end to the stick, rap in bacon, grill to when bacon is well done. Meat and veg, perfect. one duck = four bobs.

Add some red wine and a few prayers. All is good. Merry Christmas. Paul and Tricia

24-Dec-17
Like Feedjake, home made deer jerky is my contribution to the snack table.

24-Dec-17
Tonight is tacos, with ground bison, tomorrow is a whitetail roast.

24-Dec-17
Making some jalapeno poppers with pieces of backstrap myself.

24-Dec-17
Bacon wrapped backstrap with horseradish sauce

24-Dec-17
Tag soup at my place.

24-Dec-17
Venison chili for this evening.

Deer and moose tenderloin along with some smoked pheasant and ham for tomorrow's feast. Merry Christmas and good eating !!!

24-Dec-17
I would, except a good friend invited me over for a traditional Italian fish dinner. So it will be some of my smoked trout for an appetizer instead.

24-Dec-17
Smoked salmon deviled eggs tonight, venison wellington tomorrow night....

24-Dec-17
The scrumptious aroma of a roasted whitetail shoulder fills my entire home as I type this note!! Love this site cause y'all get the meaning of being a hunter!! Happy holidays to all and I really mean that!!!

24-Dec-17
Deer burgers for lunch with my kids and some of their kids.

24-Dec-17

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo

24-Dec-17
Venison inferno brats. Still hot! Merry Christmas my archery friends.

24-Dec-17
Also had it Christmas eve eve :)

24-Dec-17
V. stew in the belly now.

24-Dec-17
I’m haves braised sheep shanks from my Ram. Had some blackstrap last night.

24-Dec-17
Elk chili for the kids. Got them all back from school and they love the meats. Best "Free Range" protein you can get! Merry Christmas!!!

24-Dec-17
I killed one this morning does that count. I could holler I smoked her.

24-Dec-17
Extra large roast of venison in crockpot last night. Outstanding- no left overs. Merry Christmas everyone.

24-Dec-17
Whitetail Backstrap yesterday, 7lbs Venison Philly steak sandwiches with peppers & onions for tomorrow !

24-Dec-17
my first buck kill backstraps for dinner and they were Heavanly.. Merry Christmas Everybody

24-Dec-17

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Venison enchiladas. Today. Cooked the meat with some onion and green chiles. Added a bit of spices, and wrapped. Topped with sauce and plenty of Colby and pepper jack. Oven for 25 minutes at 375. They were good!

24-Dec-17

safari's embedded Photo
safari's embedded Photo
Thresher steaks on the grill. Not bow killed, rod and reel followed up with harpoon. I'm the little guy on the right.

25-Dec-17
Elk filet for Xmas dinner

25-Dec-17
Moose stew on Saturday...Merry Christmas!

25-Dec-17
I'm hoping for fresh tender loin Christmas Day! Merry Christmas everyone!

25-Dec-17
I fried up some elk back strap intended for work later on. My 8 yr old daughter was immediately hovering by my side asking for some. I gave her a half steak, and was going to divvy the other half between her younger brother and sister. Neither of them were interested, and before I could call her back over to give her the other half, she was back at my side holding her plate out saying "mmmm...." hahaha... She's a meat eater, and definitely a chip off the old block!

25-Dec-17
Moose Vindaloo last night. Goose leg curry soup tonight.

25-Dec-17
Moose brisket roasts done in the slow cooker w/Molson XXX for liquid.

26-Dec-17
Venison tamales Christmas Eve, fried backstrap Christmas afternoon and venison/cheese summer sausage for snacking all holiday long.

26-Dec-17
Did a Prime-Rib for dinner but fir breakfast it was Kodiak Island, Sitka Blacktail Bacon that I candied, Bighorn Breakfast Sausage links, Wildboar Bacon and Free-range chicken eggs! Fir appetizers I grilled some Bighorn and Pork Smoked Sausage Also some Bighorn And Ribeye fresh Sausage!! Cheers!!

26-Dec-17
I felt like Forest Gump....we had elk chili, elk tacos, bacon wrapped elk tenderloin, elk sloppy joes, elk sausage, elk jerky, and elk queso dip over the holiday weekend starting 12/23 through yesterday! I think we'll have whitetail something tonight!

26-Dec-17
Venison on Christmas day at my house.

27-Dec-17
over the 4 day weekend, we ate wild boar sausage, moose roast (with baked potatoes), canned moose stew meat (with biscuits), locally grown grass fed angus beef sirloin (with rice) and canned whitetail deer burger (with biscuits) ,

27-Dec-17
After 22 years, my wife is finally eating game meat--well, elk burger in recipes at least. Its a Christmas miracle.

27-Dec-17
Braised elk shanks served over grits

30-Dec-17
Venison enchiladas yesterday, venison crockpot pepper steak for dinner today. New Year's day will be venison swiss.

• Sitka Gear