t-roy 06-Feb-18
Busta'Ribs 06-Feb-18
The last savage 06-Feb-18
Southern draw 07-Feb-18
BC 07-Feb-18
Busta'Ribs 09-Feb-18
Southern draw 09-Feb-18
14-Jan-18
I’m just glad that after 50+ years of being a Vikings fan, a big game finally ended favorably! ;) (and the fact that Bigpizzaman owes me a drink in Reno is just a bonus!)

14-Jan-18
Haven`t watched football in 3 years...not even the Superbowl.

14-Jan-18
Who watches football anymore? It's basically un-American to tune in.

14-Jan-18
I was surprised to see the Saints pull a Vikings at the end of the game! :)

15-Jan-18
It's hard for me to cheer for the Vikes being a lifelong Packer fan but this year I just feel like it's their year...and for some reason I'm happy for that long suffering fan base. As long as they don't get too obnoxious! Ha!

15-Jan-18
I'm a pathetic Bears fan and even though I haven't watched much football this year because of all of the garbage from the players, I have enjoyed the playoffs the past 2 weekends. I was very happy that the Vikings pulled that one out yesterday! It looked like another typical bad ending for them, but that game proves why you play every second.

15-Jan-18
Skol! Dilly, Dilly....on to Philly...

15-Jan-18
Loved it!!! Still have 2 more to go!!!! SKOL!!!!

15-Jan-18
Isn't Skol the ancient Norse symbol for choking? :)

15-Jan-18
SKOL!!!

15-Jan-18
You guys are getting soft watching all this football. Football is why hunting is declining.

15-Jan-18
It sure was a treat!

15-Jan-18
Not a Sean Payton fan either.

I do have a tendency to root for underdogs - and with Drew Brees having that (NFL) deformity of being 'only' about 6 ft tall, like seeing him do well.

I do really love seeing Case Keenum get the chance to play on a good team for once. It always amazes me how many really good quarterbacks get branded as 'mediocre' all because they never get to play on a good team - kinda the exact opposite of a Tom Brady. Keenum suffers from that (NFL) deformity also. Plus, when he was interviewed after the game, and asked how he felt, Keenum responded, “It’s probably the third best day of my life; the day I gave my life to Jesus Christ, the day I married my wife, and probably this one.”

With Carson Wentz out - Vikings all the Way!

15-Jan-18
Adam thielen is a real Cinderella story. There were a lot of monster plays in that game. I hope they can keep it rolling!

15-Jan-18
I'm still waiting for somebody to wake me up, only to find out it is still Sunday morning. This kind of thing just doesn't happen to us.

Beating the Eagles is not a foregone conclusion! Those of us who lived through the 60's and 70's have a hard time getting prematurely excited.

15-Jan-18
The win yesterday will make their fall that much more SPECTACULAR. Go PACK!

15-Jan-18
Well, being a Lions fan, I always have to root for someone else during the playoffs. Usually it’s the Packers, but they didn’t make it this year either. I’m going with the Vikings, what an ending!

15-Jan-18
what does not fit in this list....

a) Bortles

b) Brady

c) Keenum

d) Foles

HINT: one of them has appeared in more conference championship games personally than 29 of the 32 teams have appeared in in the history of the league.

HINT HINT one of them has appeared in the conference championship game in 12 of the 16 seasons he has started (excluding rookie year with only three passes and year he only played one series before a season ending injury in week 1)

HINT HINT HINT One of them is has a higher percentage of championship game appearances to years started ( 75%) than Michael Jordan did to make a basket (49.7%) for his career

We've all see this movie before and know how it ends.

15-Jan-18
Come on Bou....Those 4 quarterbacks have combined to play in the last 7 conference championship games and win 5 Super Bowls!

15-Jan-18
What doesn’t fit? A, C, and D.

And I haven’t watched the NFL since September.

15-Jan-18
Pats by 90..... ;)

15-Jan-18
I was driving home from AZ and missed it. I'm sorta down on the NFL this year, but I love seeing the Vikes doing well in dramatic fashion. Although I grew up for the most part in CA, I'm originally from MN and my entire family are rabid Vikings fans. Everyone is super excited.

15-Jan-18
Brotsky......l know every time I’ve tried Skoal, I’ve choked!

15-Jan-18
"It's hard for me to cheer for the Vikes being a lifelong Packer fan but this year I just feel like it's their year...and for some reason I'm happy for that long suffering fan base. As long as they don't get too obnoxious! Ha! "

AMEN!

15-Jan-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo

15-Jan-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo

15-Jan-18
LOL t-roy!

15-Jan-18
The jags should trade quick for eli manning....

15-Jan-18
Somewhere in Lafayette LA a spry young man is crying over his pizza....and it ain't from chopping the onions!

15-Jan-18

15-Jan-18

Michael's embedded Photo
The stadium in March of 2015.
Michael's embedded Photo
The stadium in March of 2015.
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
My mom texted me after the game my dad was jumping and yelling.

It will be great to watch the Vikings play in the Super Bowl in there home stadium.

I have to admit it pretty cool watching the Vikings play in a stadium that I worked in during construction.

15-Jan-18
Pretty cool michael!'

15-Jan-18

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
A few more pics during construction.

15-Jan-18

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo

15-Jan-18
t-roy, those are hilarious

15-Jan-18
Gotta give Brotsky credit for the first one ;-)

16-Jan-18

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
I don’t care who you root for, this funny!

16-Jan-18
Having bought about 60# of Bacon at Thielens Meet Store in Little Falls, I feel strongly connected to the Vikings... Well, that and having married into Minnesota. As a result, that finish was fantastic. Watching my wife go from fetal position, "Not again"... To "Holy S***!!!" in approximately 7" was awesome.

I was going to say how Bou's stuff is so right, but that Jax has all the ingredients that have historically been needed to beat the pats - big rush with 4, good cover guys... But seeing the lame cheater stuff ticks me off.

May they have pushed the limits on a few things? The NFL felt so, and punished them. Then again they have punished many teams for various methods of cheating over the past 15-20 years - most likely including the team "you" (meaning any fan of any team - outside possibly Cleveland - you poor buggers) like. The difference is that one team wins so consistently that it annoy's the snot out of people.

I still think the AFC championship is a toss up. If the Pat's play their best, I suspect they can score 20-30, and that would be enough, I think... But based on similar teams to Jax, the past 10 years, in the playoffs or super bowl... It could be 14-17 points and I get to root like mad for the vikes later in the day.

16-Jan-18
Defensive backs no longer know how to, or want to, tackle any more. They teach you in Pop Warner football to keep your head up and wrap the man with the ball. Now days, overpaid defensive backs want to lunge and someone's feet because they don't want to tackle a 200+ pound runner properly. The attempt by the New Orleans back to tackle the receiver was just a lame as Darelle Revis of KC running slow and letting Titans Derrick Henry run down the sideline for a score when he had the angle and speed to catch him. Didn't want to get hit by a powerful running back! Both guys should be fired IMO. I don't want anyone on my defense that is unwilling to tackle properly.

16-Jan-18
Im 54 years old and been through all of the soul crushing losses of the past. On Sunday after the game I turned to my wife and said " Oh thats what it feels like to be on that side of one of these things" Never before did not know how to act. Go Vikes!

16-Jan-18
I might have to go to my parents house and look for my old Tarkenton and Foreman jerseys. That is of course if my brother didn't burn them.

16-Jan-18
Will, Thielens is where I get my venison made into yummy stuff. Great store!

16-Jan-18
"Both guys should be fired IMO. I don't want anyone on my defense that is unwilling to tackle properly. " I pretty sure he thought he had help and was avoiding a PI.It was simply a mental mistake and not anything what Revis pulled

16-Jan-18
I sure wish Wentz was playing this coming weekend. ??

16-Jan-18
Boycott.

16-Jan-18
Jason...I'm glad he's not playing...It would divide the state of ND! This way everyone can just cheer for the Vikes. ;)

As far as the tackle goes, I'm sure pass interference was on his mind. Especially, after a time out was just called stressing NO PASS INTERFERENCE. Almost looks as though he bailed to avoid the PI call. Simply a mental error/mistake. I'd be willing to bet he knows how to "tackle properly". The guy had a tremendous rookie year and will have many more good years to come. Hopefully the "Minnesota Miracle" will not define this young man's career.

16-Jan-18
I would not want to be on the receiving end of that young man's next chance to hit a receiver, that I can promise you!

16-Jan-18
Redemption. Take that Sean Payton!!!!!!!!!!! My teenage daughter doesn't understand. All those years being let down. No optimism here til after next Sunday.

For the record, the VIKINGS players all stood for every anthem this year! Coach Zimmer is a class act. Payton not so much.

16-Jan-18
Loved the look on Sean's face at the end. That one's for Favre. Perfect.

16-Jan-18
Michael, exactly where was the room for their Super Bowl trophies? Never mind... won't be needed. Nice building, though, except for that damn horn.

16-Jan-18
12yds - they are awesome. Here I am, back home in MA and we have our Thielens hoodie and hats which get frequent wear - people think it's odd here that we have a meat store hat/shirt... but with that quality... Gotta support em.

The dang pineapple brats, while bbq'ing next to the dock watching the evening start over Gull Lake... Ahhhhh.

Not to mention the meat sticks...

Sometimes we go down to the fall's and sit on the grass just down stream there and munch stuff on our way up to Lake Shore, it's a cool little town...

The hunting in that area seems good - I know I see WAY more deer than around here in MA when I'm up there. We have family with a big farm in Little Falls, we've never been able to get out there though to hunt...

Ok, back to football. Just to many good memories at that place, this discussion got me going down memory lane.

GO VIKES!

21-Jan-18
Pats by 90 in the Super Bowl!

21-Jan-18
They will be very healthy going into the super bowl

21-Jan-18
Too healthy really

21-Jan-18
we'll the patriots won't have to deal with a home field advantage now in MN either.

21-Jan-18
Vikings, Vikings terror of the sea, Vikings, Vikings failing miserably.. Yup they did it to the fans of the state .. Again.

Sometimes I am sad I gave up on them in the 70s but on days like today, not- as I see family and friends suffer through it yet one more time..

21-Jan-18

boman's embedded Photo
boman's embedded Photo

21-Jan-18
It ain't easy being green.

But it must be even harder being purple.

Go birds!

22-Jan-18
it's what we do

22-Jan-18
Carson who???!!! ;-)

22-Jan-18
Well going back to Bou's list and question, we do know that one is a convicted cheater...

22-Jan-18
Ole and Sven die in a snowmobiling accident, drunker than skunks, and go to Hell. The Devil observes that they are really enjoying themselves. He says to them 'Doesn't the heat and smoke bother you?' Ole replies, 'Vell, ya know, ve're from nordern Minnesooota, da land of snow an ice, an ve're yust happy fer a chance ta varm up a little bit, ya know.'

The devil decides that these two aren't miserable enough and turns up the heat even more. When he returns to the room of the two from Minnesota , the devil finds them in light jackets and hats, grilling Walleye and drinking beer. The devil is astonished and exclaims, 'Everyone down here is in misery, and you two seem to be enjoying yourselves?' Sven replies, 'Vell, ya know, ve don't git too much varm veather up dere at da Falls, so ve've yust got ta haff a fish fry vhen da veather's dis nice.'

The devil is absolutely furious. He can hardly see straight. Finally he comes up with the answer. The two guys love the heat because they have been cold all their lives. The devil decides to turn all the heat off in Hell. The next morning, the temperature is 60 below zero, icicles are hanging everywhere, and people are shivering so bad that they are unable to wail, moan or gnash their teeth. The devil smiles and heads for the room with Ole and Sven. He gets there and finds them back in their parkas, bomber hats, and mittens. They are jumping up and down, cheering, yelling and screaming like mad men.

The devil is dumbfounded, 'I don't understand, when I turn up the heat you're happy. Now it’s freezing cold and you're still happy. What is wrong with you two?'

They both look at the devil in surprise and say, 'Vell, don't ya know, if hell iss froze over, dat must mean da Vikings von da Super Bowl.

24-Jan-18
That, is awesome!

06-Feb-18
Funny, can't find any Pats chatter on BS this week... Wonder why?

06-Feb-18
Still in mourning over how you lose after scoring the most points of any losing team in super bowl history and amass the most yards in any loss in nfl history all time

06-Feb-18
Philly played a perfection game for all 60 minutes. Congrats. The last three Super Bowl losses by the Pats were due to opponents playing to perfection and having a miracle play or two. Maybe in the off season each team will improve their defense? Nobody could stop nobody. If Philly can get back to the Super Bowl we know who they’ll be playing! Already looking to next year.

06-Feb-18

GotBowAz's embedded Photo
GotBowAz's embedded Photo

06-Feb-18
This. Feels. So. Good. 40 years of being an Eagles fan! Finally got their rings.

06-Feb-18
LMBO GotBowAz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOVE it! ;-)

06-Feb-18
How do you loose when you gain so many yards and score so many points? Simple, the other team scores 8 more!

"Nobody could stop nobody"? Actually, the Eagles stoped Brady on the last two drives of the game. And that's really why they won the game. Defense does win championships, even when the losing team sets offensive records.

06-Feb-18
Miracle play or two!!!!

I’ve got three words for that. “Tuck Rule”

06-Feb-18
Hey GH, you aware there were more arrests in Boston after the game then there were in Philly? You aware that someone actually broke in to Gronkowski's house in New England while he was in Minn? You aware what would happen to you if you had the stones to call an Eagles fan an asshole to his face?

06-Feb-18
I was at a Flyers vs caps game..my buddy was drunk as hell,caps won,he started taunting a bus full of flyers fans...big mistake,,,,,we almost died,,, Philly group are nutty man......

07-Feb-18
Well you have to give credit to any fans who booo Santa . Good for the Eagles. They expect 2 million fans to show up at their Parade Thursday...

07-Feb-18
Batten down the hatches, board up the plate glass, they'll be celabrating on Broad St.

09-Feb-18

Busta'Ribs's Link
How come nobody ever talks about Santa giving the crowd the finger right before the Eagles fans threw snowballs at him?

Parade went perfect with no incidents in Philly yesterday. Okay, maybe one guy got stabbed, but l heard he was a Cowboys fan so whatever.

09-Feb-18
Nice link Busta . Did not know about Santa flipping the fans off , My Better half is from South Jersey and she forgot to mention that haha.

• Sitka Gear