Fuzz 14-Feb-18
smarba 14-Feb-18
Trial153 14-Feb-18
kota-man 14-Feb-18
Fuzz 14-Feb-18
TFTS 15-Feb-18
APauls 15-Feb-18
14-Feb-18
See these advertised for $170. Made from Gore-tex which tells me they may be a bit noisy. Any experience good /bad?

Thanks!

14-Feb-18
Its $164.99 on camofire right now - with free shipping.

14-Feb-18
I've had one for a few years. It's not really noisy, it has a brushed face which softens sound. Its a decent jacket for whitetail and will keep you dry for a day but if you can't dry it out at some point it will eventually wet out due to having the brushed face. It's also a little heavier then some of their other rain shells and gets heavier as it takes on moisture. For that price I would go for it if you are looking for a treestand rain shell. If you are looking for a something for western hunts I would look at the Dewpoint shell.

14-Feb-18
Predeter...Thanks for the input. I'm looking for something for Newfoundland so I'll probably stay clear of this one.

Woodguy...yep that's where I saw it.

14-Feb-18
Predeter nailed it: the Downpour was designed for quiet (brushed face) but because of that it will hold water on the outside and eventually you'll get wet from the inside (sweat/vapor). If you can't dry it out every day or 2 (e.g. hunting from home or cabin) then this jacket isn't for you.

14-Feb-18
The downpour is great bowhunting rain Jacket, very quite for what it is...brushed outer material. I use it predominantly whitetail hunting and have sat through some decent rain with it, works very well sheading water and has good freedom of movement to layer under it. It packs down...so so. I wouldn’t take it into the back country unless you had plenty of pack room. But for day hunts it’s great.

14-Feb-18
Fuzz...For Newfoundland you don't want a brushed fleece rain jacket. I made that mistake once taking a Cabelas MTO50 and the jacket never did dry out. Look at the Sitka StormFront. While more $$$, it will keep you dry in those conditions. I use my Downpour like Trial153. Treestand, day hunts only.

14-Feb-18
Thanks for the input!

15-Feb-18

TFTS's Link
I hunted Montana elk in a 2 day down pour this fall in the sub-alpine cloudburst sitka rain jacket...bone dry. Highly recommend.

15-Feb-18
I have a Kuiu Chugach rain jacket and the Sitka Downpour pants. I much much much prefer the Kuiu Chugach. Doesn't seem to be any louder, way lighter, better camo. As the downpour "loads up" with moisture it also gets heavier.

• Sitka Gear