Dotman 19-Feb-18
'Ike' 19-Feb-18
Eric Vaillancourt 19-Feb-18
Dotman 19-Feb-18
Surfbow 19-Feb-18
leftee 20-Feb-18
grubby 20-Feb-18
15-Feb-18
So doing my trial and then I'll start my membership...Has anyone had any problems with areas of public land, not being so? If so did you confirm by using BLM, State Land Maps etc...and was it correct?

Either I've missed the boat (Highly possible!) or there's a whole lot of public/BLM I could have been hitting all this time....

16-Feb-18
An aquaintence crossed a section of what onx showed as state land and got hassled by a land owner. State cop showed up with his onx and also said it was state. Land owner told them both they were wrong, and they were. It has been private for many years.

16-Feb-18
i have encountered boarders being wrong but never private shown as public yet.

17-Feb-18
I think he's talking about the phone app. Onx land status is the same on a updated gps chip or the phone app so as far as "knowing where you stand" their systems are awesome. The phone app has been great to me. It absolutely crushes my GPS. So many different features and versatility . Just make sure you download the maps of your area for lack of cell service. Only problem I have is I do a lot of wilderness hunts and charging a phone for 14 days can be an issue so I bought a goal zero . I will have the app as long as it's provided.

17-Feb-18
I haven't had a problem yet and the data seems pretty accurate. I killed a buck this year that I spotted hanging out in a corner of public land along a jagged property line, using my Onx map to confirm his location was ok.

17-Feb-18
Good to know, thanks guys...

17-Feb-18
Been using the national subscription for a few years now. No issues at it.

17-Feb-18
My biggest problem is The actual owners of the land is not correct.

17-Feb-18
A few years ago there was some wrong info referencing BLM in unit 581 Colorado. I don't know if it has been corrected.

17-Feb-18
Maynard, how so? You mean as listed ‘land owner’ or thinking its their property per se?

17-Feb-18
Maynard, I believe their data comes straight from county land ownership records.

17-Feb-18
Their data is based on county court house data. It's just a tax map over laid on an aerial photo. While most county assessors and surveyors do a good job with this, there is no way to be exactly precise with that. Use with caution if you are in state that 30-40 feet the wrong way will get you into hot water.

17-Feb-18
Ike, it’s the listed land owner. I came across this on 4 different occasions. Two of the properties the landowners had changed hands 3 years ago.

18-Feb-18
I have had no issues but have read about some

19-Feb-18
We do work with the counties on getting the private landowner information so our app will reflect what they have in their digitized system. Unfortunately, some counties are slower to update those records than their physical plat book but we update our maps on a yearly basis and have a team that contacts each county to get the information. If there is a particular property you'd like us to look into, you can submit any pictures and information to [email protected], we will pass it to our mapping team to verify with the county and update as needed.

19-Feb-18
Splitlimb13.... What size charger did you buy and do you carry in your pack?

19-Feb-18
I had issues with landowner and private showing properly but public has always been fine.

19-Feb-18
Great info, thanks guys...

19-Feb-18
My problem is there there isn’t any landowner information for Litchfield County, CT. I bought the app so that I would know where the boundaries are for a piece of property I just bought.

It doesn’t have any information. It doesn’t have any value for me at all.

I wasted my money.

19-Feb-18
Eric, try Gaia. It had the private onX was missing for me.

19-Feb-18
Eric, the OnX site very clearly shows that your county only has partial coverage at this point, don't blame them because you didn't bother to scroll down that far...

20-Feb-18
Found an error in Kansas landowner info on OnX 2 days ago.Reported it to them yesterday.They requested coordinates,names etc and when I provided it received notice promptly they would verify,change and inform me when done.Impressed me -if they follow through.

20-Feb-18
if any of you guys watch the whitetail adreneline videos, last year the owner ended up with 2 separate trespassing tickets at least partially due to OnX having bad info. I love OnX but you still need to be careful.

• Sitka Gear