winter weather
General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
bighorn 21-Feb-18
HUNT MAN 21-Feb-18
Bigdan 21-Feb-18
LKH 21-Feb-18
21-Feb-18
How was the winter snowfall so far in southern Montana around Lodge Grass ?

21-Feb-18
Winter has been off and on . Right now it is on and brutal cold and snow state wide. Hurry up spring.

21-Feb-18
Yea it was -13 last night here in nw Montana Big Mtn Ski Area has 13 1/2 ft of snow just look at Billings weather that will tell you whats going on in se montana

21-Feb-18
20 miles SW of Lewistown. Couldn't make it down the county road to the highway for 4 days. Drift 75' x 3' fence to fence. So hard I could walk on it. When they did get it plowed there was so much they couldn't get the road wider than one vehicle. Then it drifted in again and they plowed again. Road is getting skinny.

Fields have a lot of ice. I'm feeding about 40 deer, 50 sharpttails, dozen or so pheasants and some Hungarians. Started early and doing 25# each of 16% pellets and cracked corn plus a lot of waste wheat.

There are 2 herds of deer at another spot near me that number about 150 total and are surviving on some spring wheat that didn't get cut.

Serious winds a few days back blew some fields open which should help some. -14 this am.

• Sitka Gear