txhunter58 07-Mar-18
LKH 07-Mar-18
Reload 07-Mar-18
Treeline 07-Mar-18
Treeline 07-Mar-18
txhunter58 07-Mar-18
LKH 07-Mar-18
07-Mar-18
Just did the required log in for CO's new system. Found out I had 19, not 18 points like I thought.

Planning on an early rifle in either 82 or 74 but the elk will have to wait. There's a good chance I've waited too long for 76. I've never killed a bull elk with a rifle and have even thought about doing something I've never done before, hunt with an outfitter.

Any suggestions for a 2019 elk hunt? Oh, I'm 70 so waiting for one of the top elk units seems to be a bit wishful.

07-Mar-18
Gun or bow for elk?

07-Mar-18
I would like to do a rifle hunt. Something different.

07-Mar-18
Trophy Class Outfitters with Mike Lawson. Unit 40. Please consider checking him out. Stellar reputation, great guy and they kill bulls on par with the covered units out of your reach. Good luck and keep us posted!

07-Mar-18
Great bulls in 40. Without private access it can be very frustrating, but doable. Several options for trespass or guided that you can explore. I have heard good reviews from Trophy Class Outfitters.

07-Mar-18
PS - if you are considering going guided for deer, this would also be a great deer hunt with Mike.

07-Mar-18
I would say there are several options if you went the outfitter/ private land route. The ranches south of unit 82/86 hold some really nice elk. You are also right on the bubble for a 2nd season rifle tag in 61. Going with an outfitter with some private land to hunt, you would probably do pretty well

07-Mar-18
Will check out Trophy Class. Probably a more reasonable hunt.

• Sitka Gear