How many of you have?

28-Mar-18
I was thinking the same thing...

28-Mar-18
But will she let you hunt?

28-Mar-18
Hell I know a few guys who would for free!! Ha

28-Mar-18
I'm 28.. moved to Fort Collins area about 5 years ago. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get on FarmersOnly for this exact reason...

28-Mar-18
First thing I'd ask is how is their credit and are the teeth real? Probably a 3rd and 4th question sitting in the wings depending how #'s 1 & 2 are answered.

28-Mar-18
JL the first question is “may I scout your property for rubs scrapes and sheds?” Priorities man - priorities.

28-Mar-18

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo
This comes to mind...

28-Mar-18
My brother's first wife's family has 2800 acres of farmland in eastern SD. I'd be lying if I didn't think that was part of the reason he married her. Some dang nice deer have come off of that place.

28-Mar-18
I would have had I not met a great wife hunting buddy all wrapped up in one first.

28-Mar-18
A buddy of mine who loved deer hunting later in his 30' s didn't realize what he had when he was dating a grand daughter of olin/Winchester farms in his early twenties lol. Only had he known back then he struck gold lol.

28-Mar-18
My wife often tells people that I’m a sleaze with quite the stable of women. Then she adds that they’re all old, gray mares.

I just smile, ‘cause some of them have nice farms :)

28-Mar-18
I had a girlfriend in college whose family owned/controlled 200,000 acres of some of the best muley, whitetail, elk, and pronghorn hunting in southern WY.

Unfortunately (for me) she wanted nothing to do with the ranch after getting out of there, and moved back East to become a fashion model after graduation.

:-(

28-Mar-18
You can marry more money in five minutes than you might make in a lifetime on your own.

29-Mar-18
The best way is to inherit from a distant relative you never met and was by all accounts a huge A-Hole, a huge spread with a fully furnished hunting cabin, great access road, a butcher shed, woodshed, spring water under gravity flow, up to date plumbing and sewer system, no cellphone service, 4 WD game retrieval carts and a skid steer loader with all attachments, well stocked fuel tanks and maintenance shop with all necessary tools, a complete microbrewery, vegetable gardens, fruit trees, a solar/wind/hydro hybrid power system, feed plots and well built posted perimeter fencing and an annuity fund that covers property tax and a generous maintenance allowance. Ideally the place would have no landline phone/internet and no cellphone service and your wife/boss close relatives would have no idea how to get there. I'm currently submitting a "23 and me" DNA test and hoping to find and befriend such a relative before he croaks.

29-Mar-18
I married an only child of parents who still have the first dollar they made. So I have hope that I'll be able to afford some land someday. The only problem is longevity is also in their family so they might live longer than me. LOL.

29-Mar-18
Jaq,

A fashion model AND heir to 200,000 acres?

New definition of “nirvana”.

29-Mar-18
Ha ha ! I recently got a new puppy and take him out walking on some country paths. So far I have run into 3 older widows that are obviously well off and looking for companionship. The first one that mentions she has over 100 acres of prime land and I may turn to polygamy !

29-Mar-18
Honestly I'm shocked Jaq's studliness didn't keep her on the ranch!

29-Mar-18
I think Fuzzy has put some thought into this land acquisition problem.

Practically, you should begin getting to know the landowners in an area you are interested in. and begin researching and acquiring an amount of land that you can comfortably afford. Over time, you'll add on as opportunities present themselves. You'll also want to establish a relationship with a bank(er) so that when you are presented with opportunities you have built up a credit history.

29-Mar-18
She was high maintenance and all about "Debbie". Beautiful, but we didn't have much in common except that both of us thought she was hot....

But every time I drive I-80 and look across at that mountain range, a wave of wistfulness comes over me.

29-Mar-18
My current GF owns land in CO unit 10, which does me absolutely no good since I already burned my points. :-/

29-Mar-18
Jaq, Land owner tag!!!

29-Mar-18
It is all great until her parents die, and she has an evil witch of a sister that squirms her way into full POA and executor of the will. Good thing I actually love my wife, the whitetail hunting on the Michigan farm was a great time while it lasted.

29-Mar-18
"except that both of us thought she was hot...."

The only thing my ex and I had in common also! Great line!

29-Mar-18
Go hire a pretty young gal to ask for you. Years ago my best friends dad was a pastor. He would go up to a house and introduce himself and permission to hunt pheasants. Only got denied access once.

29-Mar-18
You don't have to lonely

29-Mar-18
Hire a hot girl or borrow a kid.

• Sitka Gear